• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Resistance Scaling Issues; X's Superior to Y & Gets Z Hax Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, if those issues are being brought up on a thread after a long time of inactivity, I think it's better to make a different thread altogether. The only issue here was to add a note on the resistance page to make it clear that we don't scale resistances on the basis of strength unless that is a factor explicitly mentioned.

Also, I am not sure about those points. First of all, "universal energy system" is misleading and we haven't even settled on that term as of right now. And hax potency of an ability isn't really related to resistance scaling. We also currently don't treat hakai as an example of hax that is directly linked with power so that example can't be used. And if we treated it otherwise, that example would fall under "limitation of the hax" rather than "more power = more resistance".

Last edited:
Here are the current issues that we need to make a decision about.
I'm mostly fine with those two suggestions (or their spirit if going into details of terms and examples), although I feel like a sentence or so should be added regarding hax resistance via power vs hax that doesn't work on the powerful.

Thank you for the evaluations.

Anyway, I think that AKM's suggested note seems fine to add.

I'm mostly fine with those two suggestions (or their spirit if going into details of terms and examples), although I feel like a sentence or so should be added regarding hax resistance via power vs hax that doesn't work on the powerful.
Sure thing.

So what would the points look like after combining both the points of Stefano and AKM?

Last edited:
Also, I am not sure about those points. First of all, "universal energy system" is misleading and we haven't even settled on that term as of right now. And hax potency of an ability isn't really related to resistance scaling. We also currently don't treat hakai as an example of hax that is directly linked with power so that example can't be used. And if we treated it otherwise, that example would fall under "limitation of the hax" rather than "more power = more resistance".
Well, I did add a "prolly" to that example and it really wasn't my suggestion, it was Stefano's (I just didn't wanna leave anything incomplete so as to avoid further queries), so if ya wanna remove it in the final edit, I have no qualms.

Didn't we already finish this thread? I believe a minor note had to be added to the resistances page.

The resistance page has this noted:

"Ideally supporting evidence should be used to prove that a resistance feat demonstrated by one character can be reasonably applied to other characters, instead of assuming that the resistance or the same level of resistance should be applied automatically."

We can add the following to that:

"Simply being stronger than a character with resistance does not mean the stronger character also has equal or higher resistance, unless the verse makes it explicitly clear that said resistance is based on the level of power."

This is common knowledge but I think it was agreed to put it in writing.
Anyway, I think that AKM's suggested note seems fine to add.
So, about this...

Sure thing.

So what would the points look like after combining both the points of Stefano and AKM?
@AKM sama

Well, like I said earlier:

The first point wouldn't fit the resistance page. It's about hax potency. We already don't assume all hax have same potency and the different levels of potency a hax can have depends on how the verse treats it. If the verse says "more power = more hax potency", then that's pretty straightforward. I don't think we need to put something like that in writing.

The second point is already covered by the addition I suggested. It talks about how a hax that is said to be resisted by a particular level of power can be resisted by a higher amount of power. The point I suggested already covers that indirectly, while also making it clear that's not the default way of doing things:

"Simply being stronger than a character with resistance does not mean the stronger character also has equal or higher resistance, unless the verse makes it explicitly clear that said resistance is based on the level of power."

Okay. I suppose that AKM's suggested text is probably fine to add then.

Will there be anything else left to do here afterwards?

So is it fine if I add the above text to the Resistance page then?

So is it fine if I add the above text to the Resistance page then?
AKM sama also mentioned this point:

"Ideally supporting evidence should be used to prove that a resistance feat demonstrated by one character can be reasonably applied to other characters, instead of assuming that the resistance or the same level of resistance should be applied automatically."

I thought he meant that it was already written in the page.

So is it fine if I insert his text into the Resistance page then?

Where should it be added? Should it be below the Luffy example? Or above the "Ideally" note?

I added it in the order that AKM suggested:

I do not recall if any other suggestions have been accepted here or not.

What do you think @AKM sama ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back