• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Has this been happening for anyone else?

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello. So recently for the past couple of days I have been unable to edit any profiles here. I can still post on the forums just fine, but whenever I try to edit a page, it'll load forever and never let me do so. This has only been an issue on this site, as I am still able to edit pages on Joke Battles.

I wanted to know if this has happened for anyone else? If anyone has an explanation as to why this is happening. And if there is anything I can do about it?

Any response would be appreciated.

Define "load forever". Profiles used to be real slow for me like it would take like 15 minutes for it to load my edits. Try waiting. For some reason, it's gone now and I'm fine now. Can't tell you anything notable that I did. Guess you can try clearling cache?

@Blue It'll just load for like 2-5 minutes. I guess I'll try seeing what waiting longer does. And after that trying to clear the cache. Thanks.

I still find it quite odd this problem only exists on this site for me.

@Perp can ya try test editing a page on Joke Battles please? Editing is working just fine for me there. I want to see if this is just an issue for this site.

Are you guys talking about visual editor or source editor? For me, i'm still able to do editing via the latter, but not the former....that possibly might be because of how slow my computer was in my room....maybe...

@Cross Alright Classic Editor is working. Can't do Visual.

Aye. Yeah i'd prefer using Classic/Source Editor for the moment. Visual seems to be pretty laggy or slow for y'all as of now including me and likely the others.

Can confirm that the visual editor has been horribly laggy for me as well, but Classic/Source is working fine.

^Yup, knew it. So yeah again, i'd prefer using the classic/source modes for the time being. Then again, i'm pretty sure Ant wants us to use that anyways so...

Yes. I only use the source editor, so I do not have this problem.

This is not relevant to what's being discussed here but i have noticed that the recent activity feed doesn't automatically refresh itself when new comments have been made and i have been having to manually do it myself, anyone else experiencing this?

It doesn't refresh when i use my phone either.

Again, I would strongly recommend that people use the classic/source editor instead of the visual editor.

Using the visual editor for edits for a profile risks messing up coding/text in said profile. Plus it's generally slower anyways.

@Lina sure thing. Thanks.

Not to mention....Ant has been telling me since last year that using the visual editor could, for some odd reason, take out the categories of the page itself. Making it a pain for everyone here to just go and put back it's appropriate categories.

I got this when I tried to edit the Doctor's page. I've also noticed that sometimes most of the navigation links at the top of the page vanish, making it awkward to navigate around the wiki.

Back