• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hardcore Leveling Warrior vs Kim Tae-Hyun (7-0-0)

What does Hardcore Leveling Warrior start with?

Kim Tae-Hyun will start the fight by increasing the damage of his attack, then pretty much attacking his opponent with it

He won't fear any attacks coming from his opponent since he has a high chance of dodging attacks

Can increase the damage of his attack by 2^# depending on how many Hands successfully land in a row (Easily was able to get 14 Heads before stopping so he could just deal the blow at an opponent, so he can get more than 14 Heads casually)

https://imgur.com/a/JsHY443
Can dodge attacks coming at him (said attacks would one shot him), which the benefit is also given to his friend You Ji-Soo

https://imgur.com/a/gEjQG4v
Has critical hits all the time, which the benefit is also given to his friend You Ji-Soo

https://imgur.com/a/cYDrzLk
Can also dodge homing attacks

https://imgur.com/a/bwfNxH5

Ok so, HLW is fighting someone stronger than himself. He'll know that he can't beat him in raw power, so he will opt to make a bet with him. If Taehyun is as lucky as I think he is, I'm sure he will take the bait and accept the bet.

That's where HLW excells at. Once the bet is made, they will be forced to abide by whatever rules set up by the two of them as overseen by a God that HLW can summon, from there it would be a gamble if either side can win, which is most likely in HLW's favour.

To show you how bullshit his luck is, he was able to beat another gambler with insane natural luck, on top of being blessed by the God of Blessings to have the maximum luck stat in a card game.

The gap between them is 10x so just an attack from Kim Tae-Hyun would one-shot Hardcore Leveling Warrior, not to mention he can increase the potency of his attack by a huge gap, 16,384 times as a downplay of how high he can increase them (Since he stopped rolling once he got 14 Heads when he could've went for more)

How would HLW know that KTH is stronger than him when they haven't even fought yet. Either way, I don't think KTH will take the bet as he's not arrogant and takes his fights seriously

HLW never underestimates his opponents. What's more, in this key, he's one of the weakest characters in the game. He knows straight up that he can't fight characters unless they're mobs.

HLW won't fight him unless he makes a bet, and he can be very persuasive. He knows how to get into the mind of his opponent and pull on thier strings before they snap and accept his challenge.

Also, HLW made a 0.000000000000354470415% chance happen without any buffs. His natural luck is just that insane. Plus, with Hidden Gate, he gets High-Low regen.

KTH would know that HLW would be planning something if HLW would suddenly decide to propose a bet so he'd be wary about it, just like his interaction with Lee Se-Yeon with her acting as if she gave up her will to fight KTW so she could lower his defenses, but he saw right through her immediately

And HLW spending more time trying to persuade KTH will pretty much let KTH keep rolling over and over again, increasing the potency of his attack even further beyond since it doesn't take long for him to use the Punch of Luck

I checked his Absolute Luck from HLW Wiki and it looks like he has insane dodge rates and since KTH also does, I reckon this would end up as Inconclusive at best, unless those dodge rates are for the later Keys and wouldn't High-Low regen be useless if he's gonna get one-shot upon being hit

Just saying, unless there have been significant changes on the HCLW wiki since I last checked it, it's missing a lot of stuff.

HCLW's luck is certainly more than just high dodge rates.

His Profile in here doesn't elaborate what his Supernatural Luck does for his first 2 Keys besides randomly saying that his personal attribute is Absolute Luck

The Wiki states that

• It gives him a very high probability of evading critical hits, finding rare items from defeated bosses, increases his evasion rate, increases the chances of winning mini-games especially gambling related ones, increases the chance of landing a critical hit and causes a situation to work in his favor in a time of crisis.
The page in the Wiki is probably combining every feats from all of the Arcs so I don't know which one is specifically for Reef Dungeon Arc and below

It's unclear.

Monarch Laciel said:
Just saying, unless there have been significant changes on the HCLW wiki since I last checked it, it's missing a lot of stuff.
HCLW's luck is certainly more than just high dodge rates.
... Is this an Emo phase, Monarch? I didn't know you could get black on your name.

As for what he said, HCLW bet a fellow gambler with the maximum possible luck stat blessed by the God of Blessings, one of the Gods that oversee and control the entirety of the Lucid Adventure, in a gambling game HCLW didn't even know how to play and he pulled a perfect counter hand to win, saying that taking him in a bet is dumb. There is what Ovens said, which was against an enemy that had perfectly copied his skills and abilities and stats, which should also take his Luck stat, the fact Lucky coins should be a 50/50 gamble but he almost never flunks one, and the buff they give is random but he almost always gets the exact buff he needs or wants, or when he easily won 30 straight rounds of rock paper scissors with ease.

His Absolute Luck passive is more or less the same across keys, along with his super luck, only certain special abilities and stuff are added across keys.

Also, he has already duped people that know about the betting system and his reputation, even though it was people he had barely meet. KTH knows nothing about his Absolute Luck, or about the betting system. If the whole point of KTH is that he stopped caring about anything but relying on his luck, why would he oppose a bet?

It must be something about this computer since it has Ubuntu installed. Another green name also looked black. Is pretty funky looking after getting used to the green, to be honest.

Looking back at some Chapters, he'd probably accept HLW's bet since he went to the Kingdom that everyone avoids as their starting point when he made his character (since the Kingdom is so hard that everyone who went in there wanted to get out of there) so this would suggest some kind of confidence

KTH is skilled though so he'd probably would've not picked Luck to infer all of his stats if it wasn't for the fact that he just wasn't able to finish his opponent due to his attack notnproccig a Critical Hit. So skilled that he would've won against the Number 1 Player in another game if only his last attack was a critical hit. He was a Blacksmith at that time while his opponents was a Necromancer, and most should know that Blacksmiths shouldn't be able to fight against the wirld's best but here he is

Does KTH even have any win conditions or is this a stomp

I wouldn't believe so. He would just need to completely ignore HCLW and kick him or attack him before he sets off the lucky coin since he should be in one shotting range.

Issue here is, HCLW is not much different from him. His Absolute Luck curses him so that he gets right back to level 1 if he ever dies, which is what happens at the start of the series. Despite this, he advances all the way to the rank of number 1 player without ever dying once, while using the class of a Gambler that isn't normally meant to be powerful in combat, being the only player in the entire game to get all his stats to the furthest cap of 999 and acquire literal dozens if not hundreds of skills, to the point he casually overpowered one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful, magic user in Lucid Adventure with magic.

What wins him the battle here is that HCLW is very aware of his extreme weakness, so he'll effectively secure the safest avenue he has, and it has been shown he is extremely effective at it.

So wouldn't he lose by default since he'll be reincarnated somewhere far away from Marineford since after all they're from different Universes/Series...

He would, indeed. But it would require KTH to actually kill him in the first place.

If he can convince him to a bet, which seems likely to me since it'd be a way for him to flex the luck he has put his trust on and HCLW already showing himself as super skillful manipulating people, there won't be much killing happening.

That's implying KTH would listen to him right off the bat anyways and immediately accepting the bet

That's implying HCLW isn't good at railing people up if nothing else with little info, or the fact that he can still use a Lucky Coin to be comparable and not be killed outright.

Just because he can rile up a few people doesn't mean he can rile up everyone

• Statistics Amplification (his skill Lucky Coin allows him to significantly increase or double a random stat if he wins a coin toss, ranging from increasing physical characteristics such as speed and strength to increasing mental characteristics such as intelligence, or even increasing his accuracy, making his attacks undodgeable)
Looks like he has a lot of effects to choose from. So what of the effects will let him overcome the 10x gap? He'd get one-shot if he picks something like accuracy or intelligence

HCLW is very good at riling people up though, so it's on you to show Kim keeping his cool against someone who's as good as HCLW at riling people up.

The chosen effect is random I believe. Which thanks to Absolute Luck means it will be the effect he needs, even if he doesn't know he needs it.

He always gets the effect he needs like I said above due to his pure luck. Whether it be intelligence to use magic, strength to actually fight, or speed for whatever reason, etc.

I concede for the riling up people part; I don't know any instances of that

How would the Statistics Amplification help him in this case though and by how much will it boost him (Say in example, if Speed is chosen he's faster by 4x, etc.)

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
He always gets the effect he needs like I said above due to his pure skill. Whether it be intelligence to use magic, strength to actually fight, or speed for whatever reason, etc.
Wait what

Going by the feat mentioned in HCLW's page and the 14 heads feat of Kim (looking at the scans, this came right after him getting a tails, so it's seemingly near an upper limit) HCLW is about 200 million times more lucky.

Could HCLW also get his 77x strength and regen boost? Or does that have special conditions he couldn't reach in this situation?

He just has to activate it. He didn't do so originally until he was in a really tight spot because it was exploiting a glitch, and he would have been hunted down by the NPCs of Lucid Adventure for doing so.

• Strength & Regenerationn X 77: when Lucky Coin is thrown from the Hidden Gate, it instead increases the user's power and Regenerationn 77 times over.
Is it in-character for him to activate it though

By Sir Ovens

• Ok so, HLW is fighting someone stronger than himself. He'll know that he can't beat him in raw power, so he will opt to make a bet with him. If Taehyun is as lucky as I think he is, I'm sure he will take the bait and accept the bet.
Looks like he goes for making a bet first so for all we know he won't use the x77 boost first and attempt to do this and even then he doesn't know that KTH is 10x stronger than him normally

He actually does. One of the first skills you can get in Lucid Adventure, or at least one of the first you should get and that he recommends to Sora and Dark, is called Maximum Survival Instinct. It lets the person see an aura and, depending how big the aura is, how powerful the person is. He could even tell how powerful Light was as soon as chapter 11, barely ay stronger than his first key.

If it does increase his strength by 77 times, then he'd be 8-C if we were to assume that he's baseline since 8-C starts at 0.25 Tons and he's above that (Since he has no Calc / 0.005 Tons * 77 = 0.385 Tons)

Would that still be allowed in this match-up

Although KTH probably doesn't need to be wary of HLW if he uses the 77x strength boost since HLW won't know that KTH has his Luck for dodging so he'd probably still get one-shot

Odd... my comment got eaten. Anyway, higher multipliers are a hard thing to accept. All we know is that it is more than his Lucky Coin buff, so it goes Higher and that's all.

Why would he get one shot? Unless criticals just let you one shot people comparable. His super boosted regen also means it won't mean much. And after he sees it happen one time, he'll think of a way to compensate. Not to mention his way higher luck.

• Can regenerate from being impaled by multiple bamboo spears
Wouldn't he be dead before he'd be able to regenerate? I don't really know how Character A with a 10x gap one-shotting Character B with Low-Mid works

Yeah, HLW has better Luck feats so would that help him with the dodging rates?

He'd probably win convincingly since KTH can't break through HLW's dodging as he has never shown any accuracy buffs and there's also the bet scenario

Why would he be dead unless he's getting any vitals like his heart or head destroyed?

Like, do critical hits deal the kind of damage where he can kill someone at full health with one hit if they are comparable?

Back