• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe nobody has done this before. They're both half human and half phantom (well, Danny is half ghost while having "Phantom" in his name when they seem to be used interchangeably, while Touhou establishes that there's a difference between ghosts and phantoms) and they have some of the same powers and resistances as each other.

Youmu: Bloodlusted.

Danny: Season 3, has anti-ghost tech, starts in ghost form.

Speed equal.

Start Setting: A forest (not within either verse, just a completely neutral forest territory), flying 100 meters above the canopy, 30 meters apart from each other, 5 kilometers from the nearest city, afternoon.

Youmu Konpaku: 1 (LordGriffin1000)

Danny Phantom: 0

Incon: 0

Youmu Soku
Danny render

Youmu is High 3-A/Low 2-C while S3 Danny is Low 6-B with his ultimate attack being 4-A.

He can't defeat Youmu at all

All Danny's ecto attacks ignore durability by effecting the body on a biological (molecular level), mental and spiritual level. His ice also freezes the inside and out which ignores durabiltiy as well.

Regardless, he's to random and all it takes is one attack from her and he's done for. He has no knowledge so he doesn't know she can hit ghosts so he'd go intangible and get bodied, his forcefields are to weak to stop any attack she uses which again, leads to him getting bodied. His overconfident so will likely underestimate her and once again, gets bodied. She has barriers that can reflect attacks so range is out. Danny runs up for close combat and gets bodied... Sealing only works on ghosts. Possession is an option but it's one of his least used moves.

This is a stomp.

Danny Phantom ghosts/phantoms have a different type of intangibility than Touhou ghosts/phantoms. It's stated right there on the profile that it works by being rooted in another dimension, which is sort of like Reimu's Fantasy Nature where she "floats above existance", except it's usually passive. In Touhou, most characters are considered to have NPI because they can attack phantoms/spirits, however, even they cannot attack Reimu when she uses FN, which works roughly the same way that Danny Phantom intangibility does; this level of intangibility is considered above the level that Touhou spirits are normally on. I guess it's open to interpretation, but I just wanted to point this out before anybody discusses any further. There are reasons I thought this might be fair despite the AP gap.

As for sealing, you said it only works on ghosts. From what I've seen in DP, "ghost" and "phantom" seem to be used interchangeably, and in Touhou, although they're not exactly the same thing, ghosts and phantoms have a few similar properties and they're both affected by the same level of NPI that most characters have. If the logic of either verse is combined, then the sealing method that normally works on "ghosts" should still be applicable to "phantoms", it's just that the main issue is Youmu is only half phantom. So might I ask, has Danny ever sealed someone else (I don't know) who is half ghost and human or has many properties of either, OR, can he himself be affected by the Fenton Thermos? Like, is it possible for the Fenton Thermos to backfire on Danny since he's half ghost, or does being half human prevent that from happening?

@Dangeroustaco

Yes, the Fenton Thermos can effect Danny and has but only in his ghost form. It has never shown to effect human Danny.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Dangeroustaco
Yes, the Fenton Thermos can effect Danny and has but only in his ghost form. It has never shown to effect human Danny.
Hmm... then it might affect Youmu. She doesn't necessarily have a "form"; she's both human and phantom simultaneously. Well, you know that white thing with a tail that floats around her? That's her phantom half (and that description is what phantoms normally look like in Touhou). And the girl with green clothes holding two swords is her human half. Maybe the Fenton Thermos could absorb the phantom, effectively splitting her being in half? I'm not sure if that's possible, or if there's a force keeping them nearby each other.

BlastX said:
Not sure why you bump, this is pretty much a stomp of epic proportions.
I'm legitimately not sure which side stomps. AP doesn't matter when your NPI isn't high enough to counter the type of intang the target has.

Youmu.

Frankly, I just don't see any viable ways for Danny to win. Sure, he can intang. But that's not something he always does and is one of the reasons he gets folded so many times. And his strongest AP attack not only won't do damage. But could be cut down by Youmu herself who can cut all the sound around (somehow).

Then there's the fact she can slow down time (which Danny has shown no resistance to time based abilities...so).

And she has a AP advantage as well a one-shot sword that would just send him to Nirvana.

Really Danny's only advantage is his intangibility. Which isn't always active. All his other abilities could either be dodged by Youmu or won't affect her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back