• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Golden Age Guts vs Chris Redfield

Chris has found yet another worthy man to wed Claire and continue the Redfield bloodline, yet like Leon, Guts rejects the honor. Chris will not abide this, and decides to get Guts to wed Claire by force.

No equipment, hand-to-hand fight until KO or submission

Both 9-A

Fight takes place in an indestructible UFC octagon

Resident-evil-6-Chris-resident-evil-30576863-1280-720
"GUTS! YOU HAVE TO CONTINUE THE REDFIELD BLOODLINE!"

A3d
"No way f- [USER WAS CLANG'D FOR THIS COMMENT]

ガッツお願いします:

ノーサンクスブロ:

Chris's backup plan marries Claire after becoming a widower:

Last edited:
I'm going to go with Guts because he was able to physically contend with Wylad. Chris's best strength feat is when he punched a boulder. I'm interested in hearing other people's thoughts on this.

Chris should have better skill in h2h as a STARS member, since Guts mostly focused on increasing his physicals and his skills with weapons

SheevShezarrine said:
Chris should have better skill in h2h as a STARS member, since Guts mostly focused on increasing his physicals and his skills with weapons
You're right. Guts has never shown to fight in hand to hand combat, Chris on the other hand is an expert in CQC. A fist fight between the two could end up with Chris dominating, since he's got better skill. Unless someone could show off where Guts has fought in hand to hand combat besides that little scuffle with Griffith? I guess I'll change my vote and go for Redfield here.

Apex PredatorX said:
Chris best feat was punch a boulder, what feat has Guts?
Guts DID physically contend with Wylad who's extremely strong, but only in a sword fight. Hand to hand? Guts only was able to fight Griffith and he got subdued by him too. If Griffith who's not very physically strong can subdue him? Chris Redfield could easily put him into submission.

Guts DID physically contend with Wylad who's extremely strong, but only in a sword fight. Hand to hand? Guts only was able to fight Griffith and he got subdued by him too. If Griffith who's not very physically strong can subdue him? Chris Redfield could easily put him into submission.

Guts has some decent h2h feats, such as choking put Apostle Wyald, and also while it isn't his forte, he probably has improved a bit since being beaten by Griffith in such a manner, and ofc probably has AP advantage as you said. So Chris probably still has the upper hand, but Guts still has some wincons. If I had to say, I'd say Chris is likely onpar in skill with a middling UFC fighter at least, while Guts is on par with at least a middling amateur MMA fighter. Counting out Guts' AP advantage, he'd have a small chance, but with AP advantage any hit he lands on Chris will boost his chances at least a little, and his chokes would be harder to break.

SheevShezarrine said:
Guts has some decent h2h feats, such as choking put Apostle Wyald, and also while it isn't his forte, he probably has improved a bit since being beaten by Griffith in such a manner, and ofc probably has AP advantage as you said. So Chris probably still has the upper hand, but Guts still has some wincons. If I had to say, I'd say Chris is likely onpar in skill with a middling UFC fighter at least, while Guts is on par with at least a middling amateur MMA fighter. Counting out Guts' AP advantage, he'd have a small chance, but with AP advantage any hit he lands on Chris will boost his chances at least a little, and his chokes would be harder to break.
Right, you're correct. He did choke out Apostle Wyald. Hmmm, this makes the battle a lot more fun in the way you've framed it. Chris has managed to take a lot of hits from Wesker though. Hell, even a young and inexperienced Chris Redfield was taking a bunch of deadly hits from Wesker. So, even with the AP advantage? And the fact that Chris managed to punch a big ass boulder? Chris should still be able to take out whatever Guts could dish out and return the favor.

My question is, we'd have to find out which one of them is better when it comes to putting people into submission.

Gut's damage soak is absolutely disgusting. And he'd rather die or lose limbs than to submit, so submission will not happen ever. Can Chris KO Guts? Possibly, but highly doubtful with Guts's insane durability, damage soak, Pain tolerance, and tenacity+ AP advantage. The man barely flinched after losing an eye and an arm. Stab wounds mean nothing to him, and he has the stamina to fight dozens of men for hours on end. His brawling skills are nothing to scoff at either as he's been on the battlefield for almost all his life and has beaten people way WAY above his weight class.

Honestly I give it to the Struggler Mid Diff

Okay speed is unequalised.....but maybe the OP forgot to....but anyway...
So right off the bat Chris has lifting strength advantage....thats important for holds and grapples....
Guts scales to 0.04 tons in AP...
But there is no value for Chris on his page but from the comments he seems to be at a disadvantage in this stat...more specific value will help judge the value if anyone can tell me that.
Skillwise Chris takes it....

Will take some more time to decide on vote....

Back