• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gurren Lagann Reupgrade

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Continued from here

since the last thread reached 500 posts on the verge of us coming to a conclusion, let's use this thread to officially finalize Simon's statistics.

"Reupgrade every current High 2-A back to High 1-C due to the reasonings given in the last thread" is what I believe the agreed upon changes were, and if there's no further opposition from anyone, they should be carried out.

I've always been in the camp that thinks Gurren Lagann's High 1-C rating is legit, so I'm all for it. Having said that, I'll also watch this to see what everyone else thinks.

They can be solid High 1-C, that was the consensus.

Does anyone has a good idea for the wording of Simon's and Anti Spiral's AP justifications?

They didn't create it. Them having absolute control over it is the reason they are considered high 1-C.

Should I just update the pages according to Zachary's suggestion? Seems like there isn't really anything more to discuss.

I'll be frank here. I'd rather have the old "2B, likely High 1C" because for the latter part of the scale, it IS mentioned and confirmed, but accurate calcs and scaling would be subjective here, imo. Not trying to downplay it, but because of how supersized (literally) the show got in the final part, the astronomical scales may not always be consistent.

Aeyu's suggestion:

For Simon:

AP: High Complex Multiverse level (Defeated the Anti-Spiral, who created a Super Spiral Universe in the imaginary space between the 10th and 11th dimensional brane universes, corresponding to a 10+1 dimensional reality. Superior to Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, who were themselves composed of (look on old profile for the scans for this) a single Super Spiral Universe and several Super Spiral Universes, respectively)

For the Anti-Spiral:

High Complex Multiverse level (Smashed Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, a being made of a Super Spiral Universe, through multiple galaxies. Able to directly match Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, even after the latter absorbed the Infinity Big Bang Storm), can ignore conventional durability with Probability Manipulation | High Complex Multiverse level (Was able to destroy the drill of the STTGL, a being made of several Super Spiral Universes who was vastly stronger than TTGL, and tore through every mech within until Gurren Lagann's drill defeated the Super Granzeboma) | High Complex Multiverse level (Able to maintain and control the Super Spiral Universe, a Brane universe manifold between the 10th and 11th dimensional universes, corresponding to a 10+1 dimensional reality)

STTGL:

High Complex Multiverse level (Directly matched blows with the Anti-Spiral's Super Granzeboma, which was powered by the Anti-Spiral's maximum power, although it inevitably was defeated in a Giga Drill Break struggle. TTGL has been stated by Gainax to possess an entire compressed Super Spiral Universe within it, which is a 10+1 dimensional brane universe. STTGL is noted to contain several within it), can ignore conventional durability via Probability Manipulation

TTGL:

High Complex Multiverse level (When forming, Simon states that their intention [in the Super Spiral Universe, both intentions and thoughts become reality] transcends both space and time, as well as dimensions, and that they will fight against the will of the "infinite universe". Able to fight competently against Granzeboma, though they are inevitably outclassed, with them in the movie splitting down into smaller parts before the formation of STTGL. Additionally, Gainax has stated in an interview that TTGL possesses an entire Super Spiral Universe within itself; which is a 10+1 dimensional brane universe), higher with the Infinity Big Bang Storm absorbed (Exceedingly more powerful than before, and can match the Granzeboma in power. When pushed back, Simon states that his drill will "break through the universe," allowing his friends' dreams to aid him, further increasing the power of TTGL) (BTW with TTGL, the tiering should just look like (at the top) High 1-C, higher with the IBBS absorbed)

Lordgenome:

High Complex Multiverse level (Comparable to the other Tengen Toppa Gunmen, albeit to an unknown level, who in turn are comparable to TTGL, a construct which possesses a Super Spiral Universe within its body. Said Super Spiral Universes are 10+1 dimensional brane universes) | High Complex Multiverse level (Able to facilitate the creation of the Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, which, along with most likely containing multiple Super Spiral Universes within its structure, could also, at full power, absorb all the galaxies, matter and energy within the Super Spiral Universe, including the Extradimensional Labyrinth, a realm containing thousands of parallel universes)

I do not think that the scientific terms used are enough to say that the anti-spiral world is 10/11-D as we use the word dimensions. The worlds clearly don't act like it.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
DIG TO THE HEAEVNS
Anime is awful remember kids

Anyways, I don't entirely like this upgrade, but really the only reason is more personal bias against it then an actual discrepancy with the evidence.

Gurren lagann is one of the few anime I actually do like

But there's no reason for them not to be high 1-C. At absolute least 10-Dimensional.

I would recommend elaborating in great detail as opposed to just saying it

there's evidence to one side, now destroy them vigorously with your evidence.

All this stuff about m-theory and brane universes making this place 10/11-D is us making assumptions based on a few scientific terms that are thrown around at different points in time.

The actual anti-spiral universe acts no differently to any other large spacey universe. It doesn't act like it's higher dimensional at all.

The anti-spiral universe is stated to be higher dimensional in no unclear terms, even if you don't believe in it being 10-11D that much is for certain.

I'm personally very iffy on upgrading verses this much on a single throwaway line, but I doubt I'd make much difference and I don't have too much of an opinion on the matter.

Monarch Laciel said:
The actual anti-spiral universe acts no differently to any other large spacey universe. It doesn't act like it's higher dimensional at all.
Doesn't most of fiction threat higher dimensions like that tho ?

Matthew Schroeder said:
For Simon:

AP: High Complex Multiverse level (Defeated the Anti-Spiral, who created a Super Spiral Universe in the imaginary space between the 10th and 11th dimensional brane universes, corresponding to a 10+1 dimensional reality. Superior to Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, who were themselves composed of (look on old profile for the scans for this) a single Super Spiral Universe and several Super Spiral Universes, respectively)
Here's a better suggestion

AP: High Complex Multiverse level (Defeated the Anti-Spiral)

@Monarch

Here is Aeyu's response:

"Membranes (Branes) are explicitly mentioned in regard to "dimensional universes". In the previous thread, there are two separate mentions (and scans) directly stating there to be 10-11 dimensions, and the justification for there being a space between these two membranes is that it functions as an "oscillating imaginary space", which would correspond with a complex projective manifold space.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_projective_space

This directly confirms that an "imaginary space" set between the "membranes" (direct mention of Brane cosmology, which is how dimensions in our system work) of the 10th and 11th dimensional universes (again, this has to do with Brane cosmology) is a complex, non-euclidean universal manifold of space and time consisting of 10 dimensions of space and one of time."

I still disagree, but I can see when I'm not going to win an argument. My belief that those few separate lines aren't enough direct evidence to put him at High 1-C isn't enough.

I have question. Isn't Super Spiral Universe still a 3-D space even if it's between 10th and 11th dimensional axis? I mean, we don't see any evidence being SSS being 11-D on itself, it's just a 3-D space between 10th and 11th axis if I comprehended this correctly. This is question btw, not criticism.

It is stated to possess a different set of dimensional axes so it's definitely not a 3-D space.

As for whether the space itself is 11-D or not that was addressed here I think.

Sorry, I was busy from a flight. I can open the pages for editing though and I will review.

Official3

Official4

Official5

Official6
They created an imaginary oscillating time-space located between the membranes of the dimensional universes we call the 10th and 11th dimensions.
Just for me.

Back