• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gunvolt Vs Shedinja

Bobsican

He/Him
I sure love big stall matchups.

ASG2 GV is used, Shedinja has Terastallized into the Electric-type, speed equalized

Gunvolt

Shedinja

Gunvolt2.png
Shed.png

I recall that's currently not accepted out of the sheer amount of anti-feats (aka, characters have often seen Shedinja's back with no effect, in fact there's no on screen feat of that stuff actually happening by looking at its back), such stuff is just an unsourced belief in-verse and thus not inherently reliable anyways.

Question is what can Shedninja do? Maybe stamina drain GV? And also, I know Shedninja is OP at when it comes to resistances to nearly any type that it isn’t weak to, but idk how that interacts with layers and stuff

GV’s heat manip has dealt with “bugs” before too so, maybe that could work?

Again, Shedinja is no longer a Bug/Ghost-type per the condition applied of being now a Electric-type by Terastallization, meaning that it's no longer weak to heat and is thus covered by Wonder Guard, Spite does let Shedinja hinder GV's stamina, which may be relevant as then at least he may be forced to recharge EP more often.

I'd need more details on what kind of layers you're talking about to be exact.

layers as in gv can hurt those who resist electricity attacks

also wtf qualifies as a ground type move on the site

layers as in gv can hurt those who resist electricity attacks

also wtf qualifies as a ground type move on the site
Oh, Wonder Guard is not a resistance per-say, but rather passive power null to the attacks Shedinja takes, making it take no damage from them.

Soil-based stuff, which is quite out of character for GV to do without the information, plus Shedinja floats anyways, rendering that ineffective for a non-proper earth manip user.

Terrasteralized Electric Shedinja is only weak to ground so if he doesn't have an attack that can be considered Ground type (via verse equalization) or Invulnerability Negation he can't harm Shedinja, that or having burn or poison status condition

Terrasteralized Electric Shedinja is only weak to ground so if he doesn't have an attack that can be considered Ground type (via verse equalization) or Invulnerability Negation he can't harm Shedinja, that or having burn or poison status condition
technically GV can inflict burn with his electricity does that count, but why can't a layered electricity attack just pierce the resistance

Well, a layered ability by definition overwhelms resists, but it doesn't bypass power null, those are different things.

I'm unsure on GV inflicting a burn with electricity when Shedinja is passively preventing that per the power null above, as much it can't be burned by Scald.

Last edited:
Don't Pokemon moves with those with abilities to ignore abilities (Such as those with Mold Breaker) bypass Wonder Guard?

The abilities that ignore abilities are basically power null to power null, which GV doesn't have in this key.

Back