• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grasshopper Manufacture/Suda51/No More Heroes/Kill The Past General Discussion Thread

Oh for sure, somehow the blast that hit Santa Destroy brought bits of Brazil and Tokyo here, no idea how that'll turn out but we've got some continental fuckery going on, all we need is Travis being able to survive full-power attacks from the chair girl boss. Also FU has some planet-destroying and black hole-escaping statements, but those are too vague rn.

Also i should leave a warning, the NMH3 trailer contains a pretty huge spoiler near the end, somehow it must have slipped in or something. I haven't actually seen it but I know what it is and I really wish I didn't.

You can never discount that, but at the same time he probably hasn't worked on the trailers, so probably not imo

*wholesome chonkerino
Me petting my cat "Beeg Chungi" after telling him he got 3.5k updoots on Plebbit! (he is suffering from cardiac arrest)
oh_no.gif

Just to clarify, do you HAVE to play the other games in the Sudaverse in order to understand NMH3? Because there are people claiming that, and it honestly sounds like gatekeeping to me...

Just to clarify, do you HAVE to play the other games in the Sudaverse in order to understand NMH3? Because there are people claiming that, and it honestly sounds like gatekeeping to me...
Eeeh, kinda yes kinda no. We know characters from The Silver Case series will appear in it, and the VN segments have shown some. I'm sure you're gonna be able to enjoy it anyway, but you're definitely gonna miss out on some stuff meant for the more hardcore fans.

Of course this is all speculation, for all I know Tetsugoro Kusabi from The Silver Case appears halfway through the final boss, shoots FU in the back of the head and asks for 50000 yen, then the credits roll and 99% of players have no clue what the **** happened.

By the way, there were some leaks about NMH3, I'd appreciate if nobody discussed them here since I'm sure we all wanna go into the story as blind as possible.

Not clicking that, no sir.

Also I should say, I may not be able to play the game for a few days after it comes out so I'd like to ask people to keep the spoilers marked for a week or so after release- I'll do the same obviously.

Not clicking that, no sir.

Also I should say, I may not be able to play the game for a few days after it comes out so I'd like to ask people to keep the spoilers marked for a week or so after release- I'll do the same obviously.
Nah it was more something that happen than a story spoiler. But don’t worry I won’t spoil shit here.

Nah it was more something that happen than a story spoiler. But don’t worry I won’t spoil shit here.
oh i know. still i wanna go in as blind as possible, not even watching the boss previews they've been dropping.

First boss in the game has his own made universe. 3-A NMH😬
I can confirm, this spoiler is in fact true.

At bare minimum, Travis says the guys "own universe" has billions of stars in it.

Also the 2nd generic baddie is described as being superluminal (I think that was the word) and his description says that he wears a mask to prevent freezing his face when he draws his blade at light speed. So since Travis can perfect dodge him and can also beat these guys like nothing, he probably upscales, or has relativistic reaction speed feats yet again.

I can confirm, this spoiler is in fact true.

At bare minimum, Travis says the guys "own universe" has billions of stars in it.

Also the 2nd generic baddie is described as being superluminal (I think that was the word) and his description says that he wears a mask to prevent freezing his face when he draws his blade at light speed. So since Travis can perfect dodge him and can also beat these guys like nothing, he probably upscales, or has relativistic reaction speed feats yet again.
Curretly playing the game rn so yeah can confirm. Also Travis has a MFTL feat as well so pretty nice

Yeah knowing grasshopper you'll have to wait like, a year for PC/PS4.

SUDA51 describes each villain as Thanos level in this interview.
And after the very first boss...damn I believe it.

Travis may be getting the biggest upgrade between games I've ever experienced. Can't wait for the inevitable revision thread.

On another note, I played and beat NMH1 & 2 on the Switch in the past few months and only found them to be 7/10 games overall, but with a highly charismatic main character. Travis is great but even though I played the first two games so recently I barely remember anything about them. Other than Henry and Destroyman none of the other bosses stuck to memory.

That being said even though I've only beaten the first boss so far I'm already in love with NMH3. It's got so much style.

There's a special fodder enemy called Chesthole which is described as having 'dimension bending movement'.

Loving the sci fi stuff in this game.

One of the normal enemies, Fullface, is stated to draw his sword and slash at "light speed" and the attack's dodgeable with a normal, or Perfect, dodge. Plus some of the larger aliens are stated to be able to "destroy entire planets" or of "firing their beam, making the earth toast," with one of them being so large it could close its wings to envelope the entire earth.

Unsure how it'd scale but the enemy Shinobu & Bad Girl fight in the tutorial later appears as a mini-boss and is stated to be acting as a captain towards the lesser aliens. It's likely more powerful than at least the non-mini boss enemies.

Also, what would the Mr Blackhole feat even be If he's a being comprised of billions of stars then would harming/killing him be a galactic, or higher since it is described as a universe, level feat?

Last edited:
On another note, I played and beat NMH1 & 2 on the Switch in the past few months and only found them to be 7/10 games overall, but with a highly charismatic main character. Travis is great but even though I played the first two games so recently I barely remember anything about them. Other than Henry and Destroyman none of the other bosses stuck to memory.
Eh, fair enough, these are the kinda games that either speak to you or don't the way I see it.

Basically what Chomp said. A lot of Suda51 games are either a hit or miss for a concerning amount of people.
im just waiting for nmh 3 to sell more than lollipop chainsaw tbh

Basically what Chomp said. A lot of Suda51 games are either a hit or miss for a concerning amount of people.
im just waiting for nmh 3 to sell more than lollipop chainsaw tbh
Ha good thing I love all of the games

Has anyone finished the game yet?

I've only beaten the first 3 story bosses. Taking my time with it and enjoying it.
Not yet as well. I’m taking my time with the story and enjoying the game to its fullest.

Fu is sure to be a bad ass.

Mr Blackhole basically said him and the others in the group would only last 3 seconds combined against him.

So the little octopus alien thing turns anyone its laser hits, into an animated little explosion just like the cutscene at the beginning of the game.

Unless Travis has the revive Sushi on him, it is an instant kill. Then again, I'm on the hardest difficulty. Someone should check if it IKs on any difficulty. If so, Travis sadly won't scale his durability to that feat.

there is a few planet busting statements on the game. they seem more solid than the uni argument
There's also a statement that the area Mr. Black Hole created has billions of stars in it, and he should be stronger than the planet busting aliens.

It also shouldn't break scaling since Travis could only kill Mr.BH using the mecha that already kills said planet busters. Travis will need a new key for his mech suit transformation though.

The Ohma boss fight could cause scaling issues however since Ohma has a planetary statement and Travis can kill it without his suit. Either that or we consider Ohma a glass cannon.

Love to see so many people discussing the game, although I can't be part of it yet.

I assume Travis and co can also fight Fu without the mech, in addition to Ohma. All of the bosses should be stronger than the space aliens since they comprise the 10 strongest beings in the galaxy. Shinobu at least draws blood from Fu at the games start, though it has little effect
There's also a statement that the area Mr. Black Hole created has billions of stars in it, and he should be stronger than the planet busting aliens.

It also shouldn't break scaling since Travis could only kill Mr.BH using the mecha that already kills said planet busters. Travis will need a new key for his mech suit transformation though.

The Ohma boss fight could cause scaling issues however since Ohma has a planetary statement and Travis can kill it without his suit. Either that or we consider Ohma a glass cannon.
I assume Travis and co can also fight Fu without the mech, in addition to Ohma. All of the bosses should be stronger than the space aliens since they comprise the 10 strongest beings in the galaxy. Shinobu at least draws blood from Fu at the games start, though it has little effect. The suit might not be a -massive- stat upgrade? With it being used vs the planet-destroying aliens because Travis by himself can't really breathe in space, or vs Mr Blackhole's last form for mobility? As to not break scaling overly much. Admittedly I've not finished the game and the mech could be what beats Fu. Kinda just hoping it's an "everyone chips in to help beat the big bad" type of deal but that's an aside.

I don’t really read reviews for game, but gamspot gave the game a 4.

Keep in mine they gave Balan Wonderworld a 5 :/

Back