• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goosebumps General Discussion Thread: You're in for a scare!

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
A discussion thread for the oddly dramatic verse called Goosebumps, a spooky book series and the proud home of the Composite Ghost. Talk about Goosebumps and don't derail. Also, please don't mention the stupid argument that the verse has one canon, seriously.

He Walks, He Stalks, but most important he it will take a long ass time for him to finally get revised fully.

Are there any new profiles you guys plan on adding to the verse or revisions planned?.

Many things about the Composite Ghost should be scary.

Like with my time on CSaP, an inferior copy of the Composite Ghost was enough to solo an entire verse consisting of over 100 characters with tiers equalized, all at once and no prep time.

Off topic, but should we start a TH discussion thing? It just got closed on the actual site so yeah. Also Gews nice job on the comp. as usual. Also I need to tell Wrath given his scans he is likely correct that the CC and CD are likely at the very least comparable (even though I would argue CC is stronger between the two).

also when profiles are able to be added and such, what should be further done in Goosebumps? Also I need to remake the Slappy threads. (Chucky fight mainly)

Yeah, start a TH discussion thread, also thank you.

As for the Goosebumps thread. Apart from the book Slappy rewrite and maybe that Monster Time thing I had, I don't really think there is much else to add.

I was considering making another "[x character] tries to solo your verse" thread with the Composite Ghost but honestly with its current state there are too many factors with it to the degree that simply touching it is extremely difficult, let alone killing it.

Eh, I wouldn't say that but it does take out a good portion of the website. Like anything High 1-B to 1-A would be too much for it since there is nothing about it affecting beings that are infinite dimensional or beyond dimensions entirely, only being able to affect beings/realms of higher finite dimensionality, but even that is limited.

What is the strongest individual within HorrorLand? Cause recently I have been inspired to do a complete Horrorclix redux (which may get HC to “At least 8-B, possibly 7-B” if I’m lucky) and I wanted to know if a HorrorLand vs Stephen Bros. Carnival (Freakshow/Carny) free-for-all would work. Both sides have a lot of hax so that isn’t really an issue, more just curious about the tiering.

btw mainly referring to book canon as Comp. Goosebumps stomps hard

Hmmm. That is a tough question. The "Very Special Guests" (the main human characters from the Goosebumps Horrorland book series) and the Horrors themselves aren't that impressive. Same with a majority of the non-human main characters (I.E. Captain Long Ben One-Leg, Dr. Maniac, The Haunted Mask, etc), except Slappy himself of course, who is 9-B but is decently haxxy.

I was gonna say like The Menace but Panic Park is its own thing and he doesn't have a profile here. If you're curious on how strong The Menace is, with his technology he has complete control over Panic Park, which is a dimension. So he could range from anywhere from somewhere in Tier 8-7 to 3-A. But by himself he isn't at all strong. he is still basically a human.

Ah so the fight arguably could work. How many “main” characters are there? Horrorclix has at least 42 named carny members, and untold amounts of VICTIM employees (who are actually pretty strong) and monster minions (which are pretty strong as well).

There is like 18 main human characters (including Menace), but there are only about 18 monster villains, ignoring their minions like Captain's zombie crew and Mrs. Hardesty's alien army. Which likely just cap at 9-B.

A majority of them don’t have impressive hax, albeit some do have at least 1 power like Transmutation that COULD help to some extent. But there are exceptions like Slappy (duh) and The Blue Kerlew Hound that certainly how a good bit of either hax or defensive powers like Regeneration.

Depends how high the regen, though changes do have soul hax and various types of durability negation abilities to get past such things. Would the transmutation effect spirits?

Slappy is the only monster in there that has Regeneration, and that regen is High-Mid given he came back shortly after he was grounded up by a garbage truck.

And no monsters of the Horrorland cast can transmuate souls, but there are ghost-like creatures called Shadow People from The Streets of Panic Park that can turn others into Shadow People by touching them.

That would be difficult for most of the monsters that lack hax to deal with, but characters with acids and other things may have a better chance. Issue is iirc Slappy has resistance to Soul Manip, right? Or not this version. Slappy likely would be able to take on the majority of the characters, as they lack resistance to possession, though they are able to harm ghosts and even “kill” them so that’s a possibility.

Ah that is very similar to most of the main monster types in Horrorclix. Slashers can turn opponents into blood thirsty allies through corruption and madness, occultist (if I remember correctly their are some of those in the circus) can mind control and brainwash people, vampires/werewolves/zombies can all turn opponents into allies as well.

Yeah, the Goosebumps Horrorland guys could take them on, but they would ultimately lose. Especially since 5-B Cthulhu exists.

I’m only referring to the Carny characters (cause lore wise, they are all on the same side and travel together, so it’s not like it is all Horrorclix vs a small amount of Goosebumps characters), which wouldn’t include the big squidman (who I downgraded to Low 5-B btw). But damn, was hoping for a good carnival fight. Oh well.

Nah it’s fine lol.

Starting to derail, so back on topic, any interesting Goosebumps stuff coming out? Books, games, etc?
Also part of me hopes they make a new Goosebumps TV show, similar to how Creepshow has a new show. Maybe put it on Netflix or something. I would personally make it unconnected to the films and give it a slightly darker tone, similar to R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour.

Yes, I really hope the tv show is not associated with the movies and more like the tv show. Most things that are associated with the movies apart from the movies themselves tend to range from mediocre to bad, just look at Dead of Night for instance.

Apart from that and speaking of Dead of Night. They are making a hard mode for the game soon.

Back