• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goosebumps General Discussion Thread: You're in for a scare!

Its just a supporting thing for 9-B, because if you really go through his feats and all, he really is the strongest out of all of the other versions of Slappy we have here.

The calc for TMM was accepted? I have some other abilities questions but feeling under the weather so I will ask later. Format wise, looks good.

“Tricked Skipper into thinking he was a a girl named Libby. Was described as intimidating to Skipper”, might want to remove an “a”

The calc would more then likely be removed and replaced with 9-B, this wiki afaik discourages kinetic energy calcs.

Either way it would be way better then what is currently on there. " Wall level (Is explicitly superhuman, and can trade hits with other superhumans)."

By any dumb chance does anyone have the Classic Goosebumps book version of The Haunted Mask? I don't have a copy of it and I am trying to find what stats it has in The Fright Gallery.

If you have the book can you please list the statistics?

Oh, well shit. Understandable since a good majority of the Classic covers get overshadowed by the old covers.

Does anyone else have a copy?

Ok so I don’t, but apparently I have quite a few of the give yourself Goosebumps books. Didn’t know that. Anyway do you think if you bought it on kindle or ebooks it would have the stats? Maybe you could ask someone from the Goosebumps wiki?

Slappy's splat stats
Strength: 6/10 (kind of BS if you ask me)
Intelligence: 9/10
Speed: 6/10
Attack Skills: 6/10
Humor: 10/10
Evil: 9/10

The Haunted Mask's splat stats
Strength: 8/10
Intelligence: 6/10
Speed: 5/10
Attack Skills: 6/10
Humor: 7/10
Evil: 9/10

The only thing important here is the evil part

So they are equally evil. Now, in The Scream of the Haunted Mask, it scared a herd of horses so badly they went on a rampage, killed Laura and eventually killed themselves just with how naturally scary and evil it was. That is some decent evidence for not only Fear Manipulation and type 3 Madness Manipulation and given that Slappy is just as evil as The Haunted Mask he should scale.

Evil = Fear/Madness Manip? Do you have a direct quote of that part of the story? Probably would be very helpful.

Would the classic monsters be able to scale to each other through Splat Stats? At least scaling to the classic stories.

So when The Haunted Mask possesses a host, the evil and rage of the mask runs through the wearer, and Carly Beth (the only person who has survived its evil) described it as such, examples;

1. "It wanted me to uncover the metal box where I had buried it away. To unlock the box and free it. To pull it out again this year. To let its evil sweep over me once more. The Haunted Mask was ready to take over my mind again and force me to do its evil" (page 5).

2. "when I put the mask on, it stuck to my skin. I couldn't pull it off. And it started to change me. I suddenly had evil thoughts. Horrible, evil thoughts" (page 58).

This evil and rage is so terrible and scary that as said with the horses, scared them so badly that they died of fright, literally. This fear-inducing power with its evil and rage is even able to work on ghosts like Laura, who despite knowing that Carly Beth while wearing the mask couldn't interact with her physically, was still filled with terror and tried to escape Carly Beth.

This all essentially means that knowing how naturally evil it is, is enough to strike intense fear into other beings, including non-corporeal ghosts. And this fear can get so bad that it can make others actually die from sheer fear and panic. This does along with the power description of type 3 Madness Manipulation.

"3: Cognition: Those who possess this type drive others insane as a side-effect of the nature of their being, with the very act of looking at or attempting to perceive them being enough to send victims into a state of madness or terror. More extreme forms are capable of outright killing those who suffer from their effects."

It isn't perfect, but I believe it is good enough to warrant the two abilities.

Last edited:
Works for me. Maybe explain it in a blog or something short so other people can get it plus so Evil characters comparable you the Mask can have it linked on their profiles.

Still asking about the scaling. If your scaling evil then everything else should likely scale as well or might as well not use the Splat Stats.

As for the evil scaling and whatnot. I'm not saying that every single entity of the verse should have those powers because they have a number on the evil scale. I'm saying that since Slappy is just as evil as The Haunted Mask, which as explained above it pretty damn evil, he should scale. Plus Slappy is the only one that comes to The Haunted Mask's level when it comes to the Splat Stats from my knowledge, so only he should scale.

Back