• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gon Freecss Vs. Yoriichi Tsugikuni (1-7-0) (Grace)

Gon Freecss Vs. Yoriichi Tsugikuni

• Fight Location: Times Square, NY
  • Battle Music
  • Starting Distance: 50 Meters
  • Chimera Ant Arc Gon will be used
  • Win by death
  • Speed Equal
  • Both in Character
Gon: @noninho
200w.webp

Yoriichi: @M_Animefan @Popted2 @XSOULOFCINDERX @Epiccheev @SuperStar @Elixirr @Jibz
C3V0SFw.jpg

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Gon has 2times the ap difference but Yoriichi is more skilled than anyone in Hxh so he basically outskills and uses the transparent world and he basically dodges anything Gon dishes out. Than he decapitates gon.

completely disagree that gon would die simply.

being 50m away, he would start jajanken charging. Seeing Yoriichi going for him, he would adapt (genius in general x genius in combat) and use scissor to make the guy go away (considering they have the same reaction speed).
Yoriichi would know that Gon's technique demands time, Gon would know (or at least assume) that this guy knew where to aim on him.
Rapidly they would clash again but Gon would try using Nen at the place he aims this time...Extreme reaction speed could make Yoriichi change the cut route, but would be innefective since it raises his durability to a level way beyond Yoriichi's AP.

i'm sure Gon would use jajanken to bait this guy and use his knowledge in Nen to defend him and beat the shit outta him, since it grows the disparity of statistics from 0 to 10x (lowballing to the minimal both MCB and Small Town levels)

voting Gon

Yoriichi has a massive scaling chain that puts him well above the value SuperStar put in a comment which is the reason Yoriichi's rating has an at least and likely higher, so assuming that Gon scales to 464 Tons and not above it his Attack Potency advantage is most likely a good deal less than 2x if he is still superior. The Attack Potency value for Yoriichi comes from a feat that Zenitsu performed with Kaigaku scaling to Zenitsu. Scaling massively above Kaigaku is Akaza.

Above Akaza are Doma and Kokushibo with it being said that Akaza couldn't possibly hope to defeat them and Kokushibo was in possession of the Transparent World (also known as See-Through World) ability that allowed Tanjiro to decapitate Akaza which he had for around 500 years. It is also implied that Kokushibo as a human was the second best swordsman of his generation of the Demon Slayer Corps with the best swordsman being Yoriichi. His generation was compared favorably to the generations of the Demon Slayer Corps in the 500 years after it.

Muzan has in turn this as his Attack Potency justification:

"Incomparably stronger than the Upper Moons. Even while weakened and aged, he easily held back Gyomei, Sanemi, Giyuu, Obanai, Mitsuri, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao at the same time and later one-shot all of them after getting serious"

The context for him being weakened and aged is a drug that aged him by 9000 years in 3-4 hours with said drug also inflicting gradual cellular destruction at a later point in time. Gyomei and Sanemi previously fought against Kokushibo and Gyomei and Obanai were capable of using Transparent World. All of the participants with Demon Slayer Marks, which enhanced their statistics, with the exception of Mitsuri were also capable of using the Crimson Red Nichirin Blade which further boosted their Attack Potency.

Yoriichi stomped Muzan so hard that even 500 years later Muzan becomes afraid if he is reminded of Yoriichi with this effect being also present in demons with high concentrations of his blood. It also made Muzan avoid the Demon Slayer Corps for 500 years out of fear despite no one who was even close to being comparable to Yoriichi showing up in that time with him making efforts to find and kill everyone with the potential of using Yoriichi's Sun Breathing. Muzan viewed Yoriichi as a monster due to his strength and used him as a reason to say that he himself isn't one.

being 50m away, he would start jajanken charging. Seeing Yoriichi going for him, he would adapt (genius in general x genius in combat) and use scissor to make the guy go away (considering they have the same reaction speed).

i'm sure Gon would use jajanken to bait this guy and use his knowledge in Nen to defend him and beat the shit outta him, since it grows the disparity of statistics from 0 to 10x (lowballing to the minimal both MCB and Small Town levels)
Yoriichi's Transparent World makes him see the world in slow motion, so I wouldn't think that they have the same reaction speed even with speed equalized. The ability is also passive and does not need conscious effort from Yoriichi since he always had it since birth to a degree that made him not notice that other people didn't have that ability. Yoriichi also has Instinctive Reaction which is one more advantage for Yoriichi in the reaction department.

While it isn't impossible to trick or surprise Yoriichi he is still the by far most skilled swordsmen in the series he comes from with no one else being even close to being equal to him and Transparent World has Analytical Prediction and Precognition, so I don't see him being baited.

@SuperStar I think you accidentally counted Noinho's vote in favor of Yoriichi instead of Gon.

Last edited:
Yoriichi has a massive scaling chain that puts well above the value SuperStar put in a comment which is the reason Yoriichi's rating has an at least and likely higher, so assuming that Gon scales to 464 Tons and not above it his Attack Potency advantage is most likely a good deal less than 2x if he is still superior. The Attack Potency value for Yoriichi comes from a feat that Zenitsu performed with Kaigaku scaling to Zenitsu. Scaling massively above Kaigaku is Akaza.

Above Akaza are Doma and Kokushibo with it being said that Akaza couldn't possibly hope to defeat them and Kokushibo was in possession of the Transparent World (also known as See-Through World) ability that allowed Tanjiro to decapitate Akaza which he had for around 500 years. It is also implied that Kokushibo as a human was the second best swordsman of his generation of the Demon Slayer Corps with the best swordsman being Yoriichi. His generation was compared favorably to the generations of the Demon Slayer Corps in the 500 years after it.

Muzan has in turn this as his Attack Potency justification:

"Incomparably stronger than the Upper Moons. Even while weakened and aged, he easily held back Gyomei, Sanemi, Giyuu, Obanai, Mitsuri, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Kanao at the same time and later one-shot all of them after getting serious"

The context for him being weakened and aged is a drug that aged him by 9000 years in 3-4 hours with said drug also inflicting gradual cellular destruction at a later point in time. Gyomei and Sanemi previously fought against Kokushibo and Gyomei and Obanai were capable of using Transparent World. All of the participants with Demon Slayer Marks, which enhanced their statistics, with the exception of Mitsuri were also capable of using the Crimson Red Nichirin Blade which further boosted their Attack Potency.

Yoriichi stomped Muzan so hard that even 500 years later Muzan becomes afraid if he is reminded of Yoriichi with this effect being also present in demons with high concentrations of his blood. It also made Muzan avoid the Demon Slayer Corps for 500 years out of fear despite no one who was even close to being comparable to Yoriichi showing up in that time with him making efforts to find and kill everyone with the potential of using Yoriichi's Sun Breathing. Muzan viewed Yoriichi as a monster due to his strength and used him as a reason to say that he himself isn't one.

Yoriichi's Transparent World makes him see the world in slow motion, so I wouldn't think that they have the same reaction speed even with speed equalized. The ability is also passive and does not need conscious effort from Yoriichi since he always had it since birth to a degree that made him not notice that other people didn't have that ability. Yoriichi also has Instinctive Reaction which is one more advantage for Yoriichi in the reaction department.

While it isn't impossible to trick or surprise Yoriichi he is still the by far most skilled swordsmen in the series he comes from with no one else being even close to being equal to him and Transparent World has Analytical Prediction and Precognition, so I don't see him being baited.
Wow! Amazing analysis
@SuperStar I think you accidentally counted Noinho's vote in favor of Yoriichi instead of Gon.
Yea I fixed it

(won't quote the first part but i have to say that i really liked your analysis, congrats mate)

Hm, i guess it makes sense, but remember that the people who stopped his jajanken charge were also nen users, so the AP advantage for something Gon uses IC and everytime won't be bypassed easily.

See, we're not considering that Gon is pissed-off/BL, right? that being so, he's a really cool-headed genius strategist in battle...but reckless.
Yoriichi woudn't kill Gon in the first move (Gon's not that reckless, they're equal in speed, AP (for now) and durability (also for now)), but he would get hit* and then use use his abilities do think outside the box and win battles.
After getting hit*, he would use his Ken, enveloping his body with his energy, which would give him 10x Durability and AP (making him from MCB to Small Town). Even with the damage he got, and speed being a problem for him, Gon would figure out the strategy of Yoriichi, and now has the condition to beat him, after learning he has Precog and TW makes Yoriichi faster (he dealt with similar situations before) and the swordsman wouldn't be able to damage him significantly/at all, because Gon is also a heavy user of Ryu, which would make him capable of defending more a region then another. Precog is hard because depending on the blow he would simply change the direction, but again, Ken and Ryu defend him a lot, so no mortal blows would happen.

it would be a battle of who gets tired first (since one can't damage another with mortal blows), but even then i give it to Gon because he's able to fight and move in peak exhaustion, while keeping his breathing abilities demand a lot of focus of a slayer. So it's one who can attack for a huge ass time x who can defend for a huge ass time...ten times stronger than the first one.
High-diff, for sure, but still voting gon

(*-> Sounds IC that Yoriichi would start with Hirin Kagero or Enbu, imo, which doesn't IK Gon because he has the same durability and ap as him)

it would be a battle of who gets tired first (since one can't damage another with mortal blows), but even then i give it to Gon because he's able to fight and move in peak exhaustion, while keeping his breathing abilities demand a lot of focus of a slayer. So it's one who can attack for a huge ass time x who can defend for a huge ass time...ten times stronger than the first one.

(*-> Sounds IC that Yoriichi would start with Hirin Kagero or Enbu, imo, which doesn't IK Gon because he has the same durability and ap as him)
Wouldn't that depend on Gon to keep himself Low 7-C the entire time without there being an opportunity for Yoriichi to strike while he is 8-A? I'm not familiar with Gon's Statistics Amplification, so I wouldn't know how long he can keep that up. Yoriichi would actually do pretty well in a stamina battle with him having various impressive feats:
  • Yoriichi ran for an entire day (this includes the night) as a seven years old child without feeling any fatigue and without having had any prior training.
  • He also upscales from every other character with finite stamina in his verse which includes training non-stop for a week without food or sleep and only a small amount of water from rain, hunting for 3 days, months of training that puts you on the verge of death and 5 hours of fighting in enemy territory against a large number of fairly powerful opponents.
  • A stamina feat from when Yoriichi was 17 and that happened directly before he became a demon slayer is him absentmindedly embracing the corpses of his wife and unborn child for ten days with the implication that he did nothing else and therefore did that without food, water or sleep.
  • Kokushibo met Yoriichi in his 80s and described him as not being any slower or weaker than he was in his prime with the only reason that Kokushibo survived the encounter being that Yoriichi died standing up from old age shortly before he could unleash a second blow.
  • Yoriichi upscales from the entire Kamado family which had a 500 years old tradition of annually performing the Dance of the Fire God, which is basically Sun Breathing's Thirteenth Form but constantly repeated from sunset to sunrise without a break, to celebrate the new year. Tanjiro's father Tanjuro was frail and gaunt for years due to an illness that was slowly killing him but he still considered the annual tradition to be not tough due to his Sun Breathing despite the version that was passed down in his family being an imperfect version of what Yoriichi does.
The fact that Yoriichi talked to Michikatsu (Kokushibo's name as a human) when they were seven about taking a really deep breath before you go to strike, the fact that he was born with his Demon Slayer Mark with a Demon Slayer Mark's appearance relating to the Breathing Style of the user and the fact that he taught the other demon slayers breaths because he noticed that nobody could use them unlike him which seems to have happened not long after he joined them make me inclined to think that Sun Breathing is just his natural way of breathing and that it doesn't require much focus for him especially since his mastery of Total Concentration Breathing would scale above those who are capable of maintaining it 24/7 and even in their sleep which is called Total Concentration: Constant. He had little to no interest in swordsmanship after he tried it out for the first time, so he had no reason to develop Sun Breathing before he became a demon slayer.

Wouldn't a sword slash from someone with comparable Attack Potency still be a pretty bad thing? A sword with its rather thin blade would need less power to actually penetrate the skin compared to a physical strike with the body and if it hits a vital area like the throat it can still result in an instant kill which would be relevant against an opponent who is used to decapitating his enemies. I'd also like to note that swordsmen in Kimetsu no Yaiba are in most cases able to decapitate those that are comparable with them if they get the opportunity. Yoriichi also fights by default with a Crimson Red Nichirin Blade which emits heat that burns on a cellular level with the wounds that he inflicted on Muzan having continued to do so for 500 years despite Muzan's potent Regeneration. This means that Gon will have to deal with heat burning in any wounds he receives for the rest of the fight.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with Gon's Statistics Amplification, so I wouldn't know how long he can keep that up. Yoriichi would actually do pretty well in a stamina battle with him having various impressive feats:
Gon's stat amp wouldn't help in stamina, but they have the exact same stat and Gon could do some notable things too:
He lifted and "used" this rock; Ran for 80km in not a long time period (about 2h at max, at the start of the show, "just a kid"); Trained fishing ignoring damage in his hands, 7000 casts; Ten (base for Ren i told before) is up 24/7, and with that same training he runs tens of km multiple times with ease; He fought (nothing tells he has eaten or drank water, only rested without sleeping) for 10 days, improving more and more each day.
Wouldn't that depend on Gon to keep himself Low 7-C the entire time without there being an opportunity for Yoriichi to strike while he is 8-A?
Well, he woudn't die on the first hit for a huge amout of reasons, but mainly the stamina and durability. So would be better, but not mandatory

Wouldn't a sword slash from someone with comparable Attack Potency still be a pretty bad thing? A sword with its rather thin blade would need less power to actually penetrate the skin compared to a physical strike with the body and if it hits a vital area like the throat it can still result in an instant kill which would be relevant against an opponent who is used to decapitating his enemies. I'd also like to note that swordsmen in Kimetsu no Yaiba are in most cases able to decapitate those that are comparable with them if they get the opportunity.
Here's the thing: as i mentioned, Gon is able to deal with faster and stronger enemies by
--Growing up mid-fight
--A type of Precog
--Self-Perception Manip
--The 3 above are buffed (stated on the used key's power list)

Yoriichi also fights by default with a Crimson Red Nichirin Blade which emits heat that burns on a cellular level with the wounds that he inflicted on Muzan having continued to do so for 500 years despite Muzan's potent Regeneration. This means that Gon will have to deal with heat burning in any wounds he receives for the rest of the fight.
Considering the 4 above, he would be able to dodge the first move (considering what i count as IC for Yoriichi) via precog and this (relevant part ends on 4:06), with his friend (white-haired guy who got injured) and him being stated as comparable at this point.
Then going for his 10x buff.

Considering what i've told before about the fast learning about the TW effects, Gon would go in a battle similar (if not equal, only disconsidering the hit) to the one i've theorized before, but his advantage would make him capable of, after a considerable time, surprise Yoriichi with Jajanken. Would obliterate the swordsman by getting hit by a AP of about 20x the latter's if fully charged, but i don't think Gon would be able to do so, so he would use one hell of a jajanken and beat him after a High-diff battle

i imagine it ending with Yoriichi trying a super cool move, but when he's still in the air, Gon KO's him by launching a Jajanken right at his chest, and then killing him

He lifted and "used" this rock

Here's the thing: as i mentioned, Gon is able to deal with faster and stronger enemies by

--Growing up mid-fight

--A type of Precog

--Self-Perception Manip

Considering what i've told before about the fast learning about the TW effects, Gon would go in a battle similar (if not equal, only disconsidering the hit) to the one i've theorized before, but his advantage would make him capable of, after a considerable time, surprise Yoriichi with Jajanken. Would obliterate the swordsman by getting hit by a AP of about 20x the latter's if fully charged, but i don't think Gon would be able to do so, so he would use one hell of a jajanken and beat him after a High-diff battle

i imagine it ending with Yoriichi trying a super cool move, but when he's still in the air, Gon KO's him by launching a Jajanken right at his chest, and then killing him
That lifting feat isn't impressive to someone who scales to this.

Yoriichi has Accelerated Development and his talent would scale above people like Gyomei and Muichiro who managed to become Pillars, which is the highest position a demon slayer can achieve, two months after they first picked up a sword with Muichiro having been 11 when that happened. He is also capable of creating a new technique in a split second to deal with an opponent. Kokushibo said that he expected this level of capability from one of his descendents but that might partially be his own pride speaking though his achievements as a human demon slayer and the fact that Muichiro's capabilities don't seem to surprise him at all support what he is saying.

Yoriichi is the by far best swordsman in the Demon Slayer Corps' history which is 1000 years long with master swordsmen not only being unable to reach his level of swordsmanship but also unable to so much as even learn his style which was superior to all other ones. Kokushibo's Moon Breathing was on a level that other people couldn't imitate for the same reason they couldn't imitate Sun Breathing despite him still not being capable of learning Sun Breathing or matching it in the 500 years he spent as a demon who didn't need to rest or sleep trying to do exactly that. At the time of his death Kokushibo outright called Yoriichi the unequaled sun in his mind and thinks that other people can only futilely struggle until they become ashes by comparison.

Transparent World grants resistance against Enhanced Senses, Analytical Prediction and Extrasensory Perception and Transparent World is always active for Yoriichi. This is on top of Transparent World granting Yoriichi Analytical Prediction, Precognition, the ability to view everything in slow motion and the ability to directly see through someone's body to observe their muscles and blood flow, so I don't see Gon having an advantage here.

The Self-Perception Manipulation sounds useful but not quite as good as outright perceiving everything in slow motion.

Yoriichi has Extrasensory Perception that allows him to determine how strong someone is by sensing their presense, so he should be able to notice the Statistics Amplification. Jajanken has a multiplier of at least 10 times and not 20 times, so that's the Attack Potency advantage Gon would presumably have with it if we presume that they have equal base strength.

Demon Slayers in Kimetsu no Yaiba have shown that they can make high jumps up to the heights of buildings and trees and that they are capable of proficiently fighting and dodging mid-air using their Acrobatics with even Tanjiro in his first key before he even officially became a demon slayer being capable of this. In the scenario you are suggesting Yoriichi would do the same thing Zenitsu already did in his first key by aborting his attack and twisting his torso to change his trajectory after he jumped into the air to avoid a sizeable chunk of potent acid. Yoriichi could also do the same thing Tanjiro did during his first mission as a demon slayer and just change the technique he is using while he is swinging his sword which he could presumably do better than Tanjiro.

Did anyone mention Yorii's fear aura?
It appears as if Nen users are also capable of Fear Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement and while I haven't seen anything about a Resistance against those abilities I'd assume that Nen users either have that or have some way of dealing with it.

That lifting feat isn't impressive to someone who scales to this.

Yoriichi has Accelerated Development and his talent would scale above people like Gyomei and Muichiro who managed to become Pillars, which is the highest position a demon slayer can achieve, two months after they first picked up a sword with Muichiro having been 11 when that happened. He is also capable of creating a new technique in a split second to deal with an opponent. Kokushibo said that he expected this level of capability from one of his descendents but that might partially be his own pride speaking though his achievements as a human demon slayer and the fact that Muichiro's capabilities don't seem to surprise him at all support what he is saying.
I think the lifting is impressive because he became stronger then that (forgot to mention it, my bad)

So the "i'm adapting to him as time goes by" is from both sides, cool. How big is the gap between him and those 2 (i can't remember) and him? Also, i don't think Yoriichi could apply his development in battle, because it sounds to me that it's a thing about his life in general. Yes, he's a fast thinker in battle and can change his plans, but Gon is becoming straight up stronger as the battle goes. Depending on the exemple you have to show me of that "split-second-technique", we can see if it's an outlier or not.

Completely out of character for Yorii to do that
i tried to differ from the rest of my writing just to add a personal opinion, and considering that, a lot of the Sun Breathing moves are cool af, so i don't think that's arguable.

Transparent World grants resistance against Enhanced Senses, Analytical Prediction and Extrasensory Perception and Transparent World is always active for Yoriichi. This is on top of Transparent World granting Yoriichi Analytical Prediction, Precognition, the ability to view everything in slow motion and the ability to directly see through someone's body to observe their muscles and blood flow, so I don't see Gon having an advantage here.
See, i think it would be an advantage because he would get a 10x AP buff and that. As you said, it's not impossible to surprise Yoriichi, so becoming 10x higher in AP, Durability and Striking Strength would give Gon some pretty nice chances.

The Self-Perception Manipulation sounds useful but not quite as good as outright perceiving everything in slow motion.

Yoriichi has Extrasensory Perception that allows him to determine how strong someone is by sensing their presense, so he should be able to notice the Statistics Amplification. Jajanken has a multiplier of at least 10 times and not 20 times, so that's the Attack Potency advantage Gon would presumably have with it if we presume that they have equal base strength.
Right, and still making him capable of dodging same-speed-level's attacks just as Yoriichi. I believe this perceiving would be a bigger advantage in deffending other than attacking, considering that.

Yes he would, no disagreement in that. No, it isn't Jajanken that's differing him from Yoriichi, it's Ten, Gyo, Maybe Ko, Ken and Ryu.
Ten/Ken defend the whole body with aura, Gyo and Ko are concentrations of that aura in specific body parts (Gyo leaves the other parts less protected, and Ko would leave none of them, that being the difference) and Ryu is how Nen users apply Ken and Gyo rapidly in battle. This things and their use is what makes he go 10x stronger, and Jajanken scales to that version.
Yes, they have equal base Strength in their profile.

Demon Slayers in Kimetsu no Yaiba have shown that they can make high jumps up to the heights of buildings and trees and that they are capable of proficiently fighting and dodging mid-air using their Acrobatics with even Tanjiro in his first key before he even officially became a demon slayer being capable of this. In the scenario you are suggesting Yoriichi would do the same thing Zenitsu already did in his first key by aborting his attack and twisting his torso to change his trajectory after he jumped into the air to avoid a sizeable chunk of potent acid. Yoriichi could also do the same thing Tanjiro did during his first mission as a demon slayer and just change the technique he is using while he is swinging his sword which he could presumably do better than Tanjiro.
So is Gon and Hunters on this level, the used arc has a part who completely envolves that. Gon's character is fully about being this young, horible in math, child, but able to smell things impressing his friends a ton, having strength and potential that surprises everyone. Well, nice, but if he cannot penetrate the nen aura/Gon can concentrate aura where he attacks, won't hit in same way

It appears as if Nen users are also capable of Fear Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement and while I haven't seen anything about a Resistance against those abilities I'd assume that Nen users either have that or have some way of dealing with it.
This judgement of mine may be wrong, but imo when both can do this passivelly, it would produce the same effect as none of them being able to do so.

"It has been stated that without Ten, a Nen User is capable of inducing crippling fear, paralyzing people, causing insanity and even outright killing them with Nen alone, this is through malicious aura attacks"

Ok, bringing up new things i forgot:
Nen is invisible for someone who doesn't know how to use it.
If Gon uses In on jajanken or in himself, Yoriichi woudn't be able to see the attack or him, even with Extrasensory Perception.
I believe Gon can outrange Yoriichi with his Nen moves, not 100% sure.

I think the lifting is impressive because he became stronger then that (forgot to mention it, my bad)

So the "i'm adapting to him as time goes by" is from both sides, cool. How big is the gap between him and those 2 (i can't remember) and him?

Also, i don't think Yoriichi could apply his development in battle, because it sounds to me that it's a thing about his life in general. Yes, he's a fast thinker in battle and can change his plans, but Gon is becoming straight up stronger as the battle goes. Depending on the exemple you have to show me of that "split-second-technique", we can see if it's an outlier or not.

See, i think it would be an advantage because he would get a 10x AP buff and that. As you said, it's not impossible to surprise Yoriichi, so becoming 10x higher in AP, Durability and Striking Strength would give Gon some pretty nice chances.

Right, and still making him capable of dodging same-speed-level's attacks just as Yoriichi. I believe this perceiving would be a bigger advantage in deffending other than attacking, considering that.

Nen is invisible for someone who doesn't know how to use it.
If Gon uses In on jajanken or in himself, Yoriichi woudn't be able to see the attack or him, even with Extrasensory Perception.

I believe Gon can outrange Yoriichi with his Nen moves, not 100% sure.
Gon's Class 50 Lifting Strength rating is still below Yoriichi, so Yoriichi would have the Lifting Strength advantage.

It's to the point where those two aren't even comparable to Yoriichi. Yoriichi was already able to use Transparent World and a breathing technique when he first picked up a sword without any prior training and immediately defeated his brother Michikatsu's (Kokushibo) sword instructor against whom Michikatsu never landed a hit. Kokushibo thought of Yoriichi as a miraculous child prodigy compared to whom he was improving at the pace of a turtle and this is the same Kokushibo who apparently expected Muichiro's capabilities as a 14 year old boy. Yoriichi was born with the Demon Slayer Mark which enhances his physical abilities and grants him the Transparent World and Crimson Red Nichirin Blade abilities without any effort or side effects whereas other characters needed to be on the level of the Pillars from the present events of Kimetsu no Yaiba which are considered to be the strongest generation of Pillars since Yoriichi's generation and go through hellish training and life-threatening conditions in order to do the same thing. After that one victory against the sword instructor he never did anything with swords again before joining the Demon Slayer Corps due to disliking how it feels to hit someone and he still ended up as a teacher for the Pillars of his generation.

Yoriichi does indeed not have a mid-combat strength increase ability but it does show that he learns quickly at a pace that shouldn't be underestimated. Gyomei and Muichiro managed to become Pillars two months after starting as complete amateurs which is a growth rate far greater than what Gon displayed during his training with Biscuit. The technique Yoriichi created is his Thirteenth Form with the plot placing some special focus on it.

Yoriichi can sense a person's strength through their presence, so he would notice Gon's strength increase before he can even make use of it and react accordingly. Without a speed boost Gon will still appear to move in slow motion to Yoriichi, so he won't have any trouble reacting and he also won't have any trouble with determining the optimal course of action with his intelligence and he isn't going to be unable to defend himself with his skill. Yoriichi is also a quite calm person and doesn't show much emotions, so he is unlikely to even show any outwardly visible reaction.

It would also help him in exploiting any openings in Gon's defense and he has a considerable skill advantage to make use of for that.

Are you saying that Gon's Nen would make him invisible via Jajanken?

Gon does indeed have the range advantage with his Nen techniques. The question is if he can use them a large number of times in rapid succession (possibly for an entire day without a break or interruption) and if it is in character for him to do that since both of these things are the case for Yoriichi who has a range of several meters.

Last edited:
It might still be worth mentioning that Gon has no Resistance against Heat Manipulation, so even when he enhances his durability he'll be vulnerable to the cellular burning that the heat that Yoriichi's blade emanates causes which means that Yoriichi can deal damage to Gon even when he is at his most durable with any and all direct contact with Yoriichi's blade being a danger for Gon.

Gon's Class 50 Lifting Strength rating is still below Yoriichi, so Yoriichi would have the Lifting Strength advantage.
Sheesh, didn't see he has 100.

Yoriichi does indeed not have a mid-combat strength increase ability but it does show that he learns quickly at a pace that shouldn't be underestimated. Gyomei and Muichiro managed to become Pillars two months after starting as complete amateurs which is a growth rate far greater than what Gon displayed during his training with Biscuit. The technique Yoriichi created is his Thirteenth Form with the plot placing some special focus on it.
Gon having both sounds like a pretty nice advantage. If you only consider one of Gon's trainings, for sure going from amateur to Hashira sound way more, but remember that he learns quick, grows and adapts mid-battle with people having more AP, speed and training than him (he one-shot, predicted a move when he was slower than and became used to a guy who had beaten him with ease twice on the key before the one we're using (all of it in the same battle)), and his growth since he was an amateur to where he's "now" is way bigger than those guys's

Yoriichi can sense a person's strength through their presence, so he would notice Gon's strength increase before he can even make use of it and react accordingly. Without a speed boost Gon will still appear to move in slow motion to Yoriichi, so he won't have any trouble reacting and he also won't have any trouble with determining the optimal course of action with his intelligence and he isn't going to be unable to defend himself with his skill. Yoriichi is also a quite calm person and doesn't show much emotions, so he is unlikely to even show any outwardly visible reaction.
Well, Gon's also making use of a high intelligence, high skill level, and he and Yoriichi have the same speed. If Gon loses his cool it would only get him stronger & faster, battling with Yoriichi is also making him stronger, faster and well-adapted to his strategies.

It would also help him in exploiting any openings in Gon's defense and he has a considerable skill advantage to make use of for that.
If he can actually land a hit through Nen and/or force Ko and exploit it, yes. But Gon doesn't stop defending with Ten and Ken unless he's charging up Jajanken.

Never said it. He can be invisible completely by using a Technique called In (even for extrasensory perception) or make his techniques be. Which would reduce Yoriichi's probabilities by a ton, since he can't even see nen naturally, but could be able to sense it

Gon does indeed have the range advantage with his Nen techniques. The question is if he can use them a large number of times in rapid succession (possibly for an entire day without a break or interruption) and if it is in character for him to do that since both of these things are the case for Yoriichi who has a range of several meters.
Yes he can, since he has bigger overall stats since he fought those 10 days i've told earlier and his 3 signature move(s) can be used in rapid succession by using "a 4th" called Jajanken Round 2, with the only exception being that he cannot use "rock" (the one i've said that would obliterate Yoriichi) twice in a row. It counts as IC, since he's going to notice that's hard to make much of a progress in close range, take a distance and prepare an strategy with "scissor".

It might still be worth mentioning that Gon has no Resistance against Heat Manipulation, so even when he enhances his durability he'll be vulnerable to the cellular burning that the heat that Yoriichi's blade emanates causes which means that Yoriichi can deal damage to Gon even when he is at his most durable with any and all direct contact with Yoriichi's blade being a danger for Gon.
Well, goes again to my response at that exploiting point. Don't really think he's going to be able to hit Gon.

Gon having both sounds like a pretty nice advantage. If you only consider one of Gon's trainings, for sure going from amateur to Hashira sound way more, but remember that he learns quick, grows and adapts mid-battle with people having more AP, speed and training than him (he one-shot, predicted a move when he was slower than and became used to a guy who had beaten him with ease twice on the key before the one we're using (all of it in the same battle)), and his growth since he was an amateur to where he's "now" is way bigger than those guys's

Well, Gon's also making use of a high intelligence, high skill level, and he and Yoriichi have the same speed. If Gon loses his cool it would only get him stronger & faster, battling with Yoriichi is also making him stronger, faster and well-adapted to his strategies.

If he can actually land a hit through Nen and/or force Ko and exploit it, yes. But Gon doesn't stop defending with Ten and Ken unless he's charging up Jajanken.

Never said it. He can be invisible completely by using a Technique called In (even for extrasensory perception) or make his techniques be. Which would reduce Yoriichi's probabilities by a ton, since he can't even see nen naturally, but could be able to sense it

Yes he can, since he has bigger overall stats since he fought those 10 days i've told earlier and his 3 signature move(s) can be used in rapid succession by using "a 4th" called Jajanken Round 2, with the only exception being that he cannot use "rock" (the one i've said that would obliterate Yoriichi) twice in a row. It counts as IC, since he's going to notice that's hard to make much of a progress in close range, take a distance and prepare an strategy with "scissor".

Well, goes again to my response at that exploiting point. Don't really think he's going to be able to hit Gon.
Having both isn't that much of an advantage if one of those things is far inferior to what the opponent has. There is a large number of one-shots between an amateur and a Pillar, so he isn't going to beat Yoriichi when it comes to the growth rate and he is definitely not going to close the gap in skill.

Gon may have high intelligence but his skill is nowhere near comparable to Yoriichi. The way I see it Yoriichi is on a level where he could skill stomp someone who can skill stomp someone who can skill stomp someone with talent on a level so high that it only shows up once every thousand years with it being far more likely for there to be not a single person in the world who is even close to his level than it is for someone like that to actually exist. Is Gon anywhere even close to that? Gon has a higher for when he is enraged but would simply being pushed into a corner enrage him? Yoriichi's personality is an incredibly respectful and kind one to the point where he would probably apologize to Gon for having to kill him, so I don't see him deliberately riling Gon up.

If Jajanken leaves Gon open, then it's probably not good for him to actually use it against Yoriichi.

Akaza has demonstrated invisible shockwave attacks that Rengoku, Giyu and Tanjiro were perfectly capable of fighting back against with Rengoku being quickly able to understand them despite having no prior knowledge. There is also the fact that Akaza cannot defeat Kokushibo despite his skill and capabilities and Yoriichi would scale above Kokushibo, Rengoku, Giyu and Tanjiro.

Jajanken round 2 is described as using two Jajanken attacks in quick succession which is when it comes to using multiple attacks in rapid succession far inferior to Yoriichi being able to keep spamming all 13 of his forms for an entire day without getting tired.

Why exactly would that be the case? Gon doesn't have a speed advantage and he won't be able to use his Analytical Prediction against Yoriichi who has a Resistance against Analytical Prediction and his own Analytical Prediction that he can use against Gon. He is also at a severe disadvantage when it comes to reactions and skill. He also doesn't have Acrobatics unlike Yoriichi which makes him far less mobile by comparison. There is no reason why Yoriichi would not be able to land a hit on Gon especially in a prolonged battle and for Gon to instead somehow land a hit on Yoriichi.

Last edited:
Having both isn't that much of an advantage if one of those things is far inferior to what the opponent has. There is a large number of one-shots between an amateur and a Pillar, so he isn't going to beat Yoriichi when it comes to the growth rate and he is definitely not going to close the gap in skill.
It is an advantage when you grow up while battling and your opponent doesn't. The gap in skill will naturally show to be irrelevant, since both have intelligence to not get hit by each other and speed to do so (0-0), but one of them is stronger, faster and smarter than itself at the start of the battle (1-0, at least) (The battle with the guy i mentioned earlier took less then an hour, so if they can battle for a full day, the growth would be bigger at least 24x (not saying his AP will grow in this rate in a day, i'm saying that if >1h was enough for a weaker Gon to be used to how to defend a stronger one's moves, learned how to dodge them in precog level and completely adapted to a higher speed, then this one would get better results by already being more skilled and having more time)).

Gon may have high intelligence but his skill is nowhere near comparable to Yoriichi. The way I see it Yoriichi is on a level where he could skill stomp someone who can skill stomp someone who can skill stomp someone with talent on a level so high that it only shows up once every thousand years with it being far more likely for there to be not a single person in the world who is even close to his level than it is for someone like that to actually exist. Is Gon anywhere even close to that? Gon has a higher for when he is enraged but would simply being pushed into a corner enrage him? Yoriichi's personality is an incredibly respectful and kind one to the point where he would probably apologize to Gon for having to kill him, so I don't see him deliberately riling Gon up.
The way you see is lowballing every other thing that fights him because he's the best of his world? ok then...?
Well, Gon's stated to have a talent of 1/5000000, and his growth, potential and strength impresses almost if not everyone that passes by, fights or hear about him more then once. Both are really taken as incredibly strong, capable and intelligent above everyone else, stated by...everyone else :B
Gon loses his chill when something is against it "strange" // morale, someone close dies (
vital for chimera ants plot
), or is threatened. Yoriichi won't piss him off, so it would be a "nerf", you can say?

If Jajanken leaves Gon open, then it's probably not good for him to actually use it against Yoriichi.
How he'll use it against the large amout of powerful enemies that appear is a thematic of how he fights. Also, by Nen being invisible (Gon's keen eye would notice that he doesn't see Nen but rather feel it, and try In, making the move 100% invisible for our guy), Gon would be able to manip where Yoriichi would be/defend/something like that (since he can't see or feel Nen, but i suppose precog would still tell, like last second, that some invisible danger is about to come, if not, completely in trouble...and that's me thinking, while Gon's a strategist who pulled off hitting "Rock" on some dangerous enemies

Jajanken round 2 is described as using two Jajanken attacks in quick succession which is when it comes to using multiple attacks in rapid succession far inferior to Yoriichi being able to keep spamming all 13 of his forms for an entire day without getting tired.
Gon outranges x Yoriichi deffend with ease...incon, at best.

Akaza has demonstrated invisible shockwave attacks that Rengoku, Giyu and Tanjiro were perfectly capable of fighting back against with Rengoku being quickly able to understand them despite having no prior knowledge. There is also the fact that Akaza cannot defeat Kokushibo despite his skill and capabilities and Yoriichi would scale above Kokushibo, Rengoku, Giyu and Tanjiro.
Gon's attacks and defenses are way more than Akaza's shockwaves, you can bet that.

Why exactly would that be the case? Gon doesn't have a speed advantage and he won't be able to use his Analytical Prediction against Yoriichi who has a Resistance against Analytical Prediction and his own Analytical Prediction that he can use against Gon. He is also at a severe disadvantage when it comes to reactions and skill. He also doesn't have Acrobatics unlike Yoriichi which makes him far less mobile by comparison. There is no reason why Yoriichi would not be able to land a hit on Gon especially in a prolonged battle and for Gon to instead somehow land a hit on Yoriichi.
See, if a lesser version of defense he can be ok with its activation 24/7, a battle using the higher version, outrange and the enemy can't even see your defenses or attacks ? It sounds like Yoriichi would have to discover that the attacks leave his defenses opened, after figuring out he has defenses, after figuring out how his defense is distribuited and then finding a way to manip Gon to a likely position for him to get a blow. Would require about 2 blows for Gon's pain resistance not being enough to Yoriichi's decapitation, if not more.

Also, there are various types of precog, and "he made this and this, so now the highest probability is doing that " doesn't seem to be blockable by masking intents

It is an advantage when you grow up while battling and your opponent doesn't. The gap in skill will naturally show to be irrelevant, since both have intelligence to not get hit by each other and speed to do so (0-0), but one of them is stronger, faster and smarter than itself at the start of the battle (1-0, at least) (The battle with the guy i mentioned earlier took less then an hour, so if they can battle for a full day, the growth would be bigger at least 24x (not saying his AP will grow in this rate in a day, i'm saying that if >1h was enough for a weaker Gon to be used to how to defend a stronger one's moves, learned how to dodge them in precog level and completely adapted to a higher speed, then this one would get better results by already being more skilled and having more time)).

The way you see is lowballing every other thing that fights him because he's the best of his world? ok then...?
Well, Gon's stated to have a talent of 1/5000000, and his growth, potential and strength impresses almost if not everyone that passes by, fights or hear about him more then once. Both are really taken as incredibly strong, capable and intelligent above everyone else, stated by...everyone else :B

How he'll use it against the large amout of powerful enemies that appear is a thematic of how he fights. Also, by Nen being invisible (Gon's keen eye would notice that he doesn't see Nen but rather feel it, and try In, making the move 100% invisible for our guy), Gon would be able to manip where Yoriichi would be/defend/something like that (since he can't see or feel Nen, but i suppose precog would still tell, like last second, that some invisible danger is about to come, if not, completely in trouble...and that's me thinking, while Gon's a strategist who pulled off hitting "Rock" on some dangerous enemies

Gon outranges x Yoriichi deffend with ease...incon, at best.

Gon's attacks and defenses are way more than Akaza's shockwaves, you can bet that.

See, if a lesser version of defense he can be ok with its activation 24/7, a battle using the higher version, outrange and the enemy can't even see your defenses or attacks ? It sounds like Yoriichi would have to discover that the attacks leave his defenses opened, after figuring out he has defenses, after figuring out how his defense is distribuited and then finding a way to manip Gon to a likely position for him to get a blow. Would require about 2 blows for Gon's pain resistance not being enough to Yoriichi's decapitation, if not more.
The thing is that fighting is a form of physical exertion which is the reason why spars can help with training. Reactive Power Level is just gaining the results of that "training" faster in the middle of battle despite any fatigue someone might have. If Gon can prove a challenge to Yoriichi, then Yoriichi will naturally grow better with time as well since it's not like as if he'll be doing nothing that could possibly help him improve his skills with a battle like that. In a prolonged period of time where breaks get involved that wouldn't be advantageous for Gon though both Gon and Yoriichi would need a lot of time to reach that point. Gon's physical abilities increasing in the middle of combat is certainly a useful asset though Gon has no superior strength to adapt to in this scenario and I'm not sure if adapting to a faster opponent applies to pure reaction speed and seeing the world in slow motion. Adapting to a much more skilled opponent seems more applicable but that wouldn't necessarily mean that he can cover any skill gap no matter how large it is and given how skilled Yoriichi is portrayed to be I really am not inclined to believe that Gon can simply catch up to that. Kimetsu no Yaiba as a series is no stranger to something like Reactive Power Level which enhances strength, speed and senses and it still doesn't allow anyone to have any hopes of catching up to Yoriichi. Simply fighting Upper Moon 6 is stated to be worth 5 to 10 years of training and we know that Yoriichi is still far above that. Skill will also be relevant at any time they actually clash against each other and Gon isn't going to immediately know that he is going to be at the disadvantage here.

That's because Yoriichi really is that good compared to everyone else in his verse. He stomped Muzan and would have defeated Kokushibo with ease if he didn't die from old age and these are the strongest opponents he ever faced in his entire life. He is the best swordsman that the Demon Slayer Corps had in a 1000 years history with him being far above Kokushibo even after he trained for 500 years, so I'm really not exaggerating when I'm describing how skilled he is from my perspective and how far above he is compared to someone with a talent that only appears every 1000 years. Yoriichi's talent is considered to be downright divine by the characters who know him and he is not only considered incredibly strong, capable and intelligent, there is no one who is capable of matching him and he is undisputably the strongest and most skilled individual in the entire story which is a position which Gon as far as I'm aware doesn't have. Other people can't even learn his techniques without them being altered to suit their strengths instead even if they are incredibly skilled. Yoriichi himself is aware of how strong he is compared to others to the point where he considered defeating Muzan to be the purpose behind why he was born. Gon and Yoriichi can both be considered incredibly exceptional by other people in their stories but this doesn't mean that they are this to the same degree especially if the gap between Yoriichi and his peers is far larger than the one between Gon and his peers. Even a Tanjiro who fully mastered Sun Breathing and can use that to keep up with a Muzan who one-shotted everyone he was previously fighting against is considered by Muzan to be not even close to Yoriichi.

There is actually a demon in Kimetsu no Yaiba who can launch attacks that cannot be detected via ordinary senses and Tanjiro with his Extrasensory Perception couldn't perceive them until he received assistence regarding that. That demon is still considered weak by the standards of the Twelve Demon Moons and the Pillars. Gon being a strategist would help but without a concrete and plausible way to actually land his Jajanken attack that fact alone is too vague to justify giving him the victory. Jajanken needs to be charged and will appear to be in slow motion from Yoriichi's perspective which is a very major disadvantage that cannot be ignored. Gon will further encounter trouble through the fact that Yoriichi possesses the mental acuity to keep track of 1800 small pieces moving with what he describes as incredible force in all directions around him and having the precision to cut a little more than 1500 of them. He was apparently able to count them too while all of that happened since he was later able to give these numbers as part of him telling his story.

The starting distance is a mere 50 meters and demon slayers are used to closing the distance towards their target in order to decapitate it. Akaza has a range of tens of meters but this didn't stop Rengoku from closing the distance immediately and Giyu and Tanjiro from keeping up with him. With equal speed and Yoriichi having better mobility Gon isn't going to be able to increase the distance between the two of them unless Yoriichi lets him or retreats which is bad for him once Yoriichi does in fact close the distance which he is in character going to do at the beginning of the fight where Gon doesn't know much about his opponent yet.

Akaza is a martial artist with centuries of experience who was already highly skilled as a human and can unleash dozens to hundreds of these shockwaves at once which grants him Danmaku. This is on top of the abilities he gets from his Compass Needle. You'll need more evidence than just stating that Gon is better.

Unless Gon can just set up these defenses without any indication of having actually done anything like visibly moving or concentrating Yoriichi would know that something is up. These indications would include muscles tensing in anticipation or preparation since the Enhanced Sight granted by Transparent World would allow Yoriichi to directly see them. Pain Resistance doesn't make Gon more resistant to getting decapitated though it will help for whenever heat accumulates through the Crimson Red Nichirin Blade and whenever a slash from Yoriichi's Sun Breathing induces the perception of burning.

Also, there are various types of precog, and "he made this and this, so now the highest probability is doing that " doesn't seem to be blockable by masking intents
"(Compass Needle allows him to accurately sense a person's Battle Spirit, allowing him to predict their movements, discern their location in his surroundings (even from his blind-spots), and find and instinctively aim for their weak points and vitals with such high accuracy that his attacks are described as "being attracted by magnets" and "clinging" to his opponents. Can tell someone's strength just by looking at them, was able to discern that Kyojuro was a Pillar at a glance. Can instinctively respond to attacks with an appropriate counter, was stated by Giyu to learn to anticipate his every move and strike back with equal accuracy as the fight went on. He can effectively fight and discern his surroundings and track his opponents without a head (deaf and blind) solely through detecting Battle Spirit)" (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Akaza_(Kimetsu_no_Yaiba))

This is what Akaza's Compass Needle is capable of and Tanjiro's Transparent World rendered that useless even after Akaza realized what had happened with Tanjiro and Tanjiro outright announced that he was going to attack. Yoriichi's Transparent World will allow Yoriichi to assess the state of Gon's body at any point in time which will allow him to see how well trained Gon's muscles are, any internal injuries and even illnesses. It also allows Yoriichi to predict what Gon is gonna do based on his muscles, blood flow and movements. Gon certainly doesn't have an advantage with Analytical Prediction here.

Last edited:

It's to the point where those two aren't even comparable to Yoriichi. Yoriichi was already able to use Transparent World and a breathing technique when he first picked up a sword without any prior training and immediately defeated his brother Michikatsu's (Kokushibo) sword instructor against whom Michikatsu never landed a hit. Kokushibo thought of Yoriichi as a miraculous child prodigy compared to whom he was improving at the pace of a turtle and this is the same Kokushibo who apparently expected Muichiro's capabilities as a 14 year old boy. Yoriichi was born with the Demon Slayer Mark which enhances his physical abilities and grants him the Transparent World and Crimson Red Nichirin Blade abilities without any effort or side effects whereas other characters needed to be on the level of the Pillars from the present events of Kimetsu no Yaiba which are considered to be the strongest generation of Pillars since Yoriichi's generation and go through hellish training and life-threatening conditions in order to do the same thing. After that one victory against the sword instructor he never did anything with swords again before joining the Demon Slayer Corps due to disliking how it feels to hit someone and he still ended up as a teacher for the Pillars of his generation.

From what I remember if it comes down to who can outlast the other than Gon will lose this fight

0208-009.png

Gon who can use Ren for over 3 hours talks about how that only translate to 10 mins in combat for each hour he can use Ren and if he tries spamming jajanken then he will run out of aura even faster once that happens his defense will drop and that game over for him

Tanjiro father who should be much weaker than Yoriichi was able to use sun breathing from dusk to dawn without any rest

Last edited:
  • Yoriichi upscales from the entire Kamado family which had a 500 years old tradition of annually performing the Dance of the Fire God, which is basically Sun Breathing's Thirteenth Form but constantly repeated from sunset to sunrise without a break, to celebrate the new year. Tanjiro's father Tanjuro was frail and gaunt for years due to an illness that was slowly killing him but he still considered the annual tradition to be not tough due to his Sun Breathing despite the version that was passed down in his family being an imperfect version of what Yoriichi does.
Tanjiro father who should be much weaker than Yoriichi was able to use sun breathing from dusk to dawn without any rest
I've already mentioned that feat from Tanjuro earlier in this thread.

This is what Akaza's Compass Needle is capable of and Tanjiro's Transparent World rendered that useless even after Akaza realized what had happened with Tanjiro and Tanjiro outright announced that he was going to attack. Yoriichi's Transparent World will allow Yoriichi to assess the state of Gon's body at any point in time which will allow him to see how well trained Gon's muscles are, any internal injuries and even illnesses. It also allows Yoriichi to predict what Gon is gonna do based on his muscles, blood flow and movements. Gon certainly doesn't have an advantage with Analytical Prediction here.
well, can't say much now, agreed.

If Gon can prove a challenge to Yoriichi, then Yoriichi will naturally grow better with time as well since it's not like as if he'll be doing nothing that could possibly help him improve his skills with a battle like that.
Except Gon has this power listed to this level, and Yoriichi doesn't...He won't be able to grow in power, but he will react, keep trying to kill, dodge, etc, but not directly upgrade since he doesn't have it listed like Gon...Or you're saying that demons can be more than 10x stronger than the strongest biggest baddest Demon Slayer of the verse and he grows temporarily to their level (via what his profile talks about his Stats Amp, since the way his Accelerated Development works doesn't apply to mid-battle) which would make no sense.

Simply fighting Upper Moon 6 is stated to be worth 5 to 10 years of training
Zenitsu's amps work differently than the Yoriichi's, and it make total sense in the show's context. Yoriichi is crazier than anyone existing in the verse, but he didn't knew everything or could do everything. The thematic is pretty much about how the new gen's boys are growing stronger and capable of things the older weren't, which we could simplify and seeing a "compressed" version by seeing how they differ in the same power!
Also, yeah, Yoriichi smacks Zenitsu and UM6, but it isn't like an RPG where "everyone got EXP by going to the Train Raid and watching Rengoku's cinematics!" (it was an example, only), it's a capability that Zenitsu and Yoriichi don't.

That's because Yoriichi really is that good compared to everyone else in his verse. He stomped Muzan and would have defeated Kokushibo with ease if he didn't die from old age and these are the strongest opponents he ever faced in his entire life. He is the best swordsman that the Demon Slayer Corps had in a 1000 years history with him being far above Kokushibo even after he trained for 500 years, so I'm really not exaggerating when I'm describing how skilled he is from my perspective and how far above he is compared to someone with a talent that only appears every 1000 years. Yoriichi's talent is considered to be downright divine by the characters who know him and he is not only considered incredibly strong, capable and intelligent, there is no one who is capable of matching him and he is undisputably the strongest and most skilled individual in the entire story which is a position which Gon as far as I'm aware doesn't have. Other people can't even learn his techniques without them being altered to suit their strengths instead even if they are incredibly skilled. Yoriichi himself is aware of how strong he is compared to other to the point where he considered defeating Muzan to be the purpose behind why he was born. Gon and Yoriichi can both be considered incredibly exceptional by other people in their stories but this doesn't mean that they are this to the same degree especially if the gap between Yoriichi and his peers is far larger than the one between Gon and his peers. Even a Tanjiro who fully mastered Sun Breathing and can use that to keep up with a Muzan who one-shotted everyone he was previously fighting against is considered by Muzan to be not even close to Yoriichi.
Ahm, yeah, he is the craziest baddest mf and that means a whole lot in the show! agreed! That's really meaningful for that verse!
Gon also got to be (known for those who haven't met a greater menace) the craziest baddest mf at some point, he's stated to have the potential of 1/5000000 (i think if we consider him and the others who came after, we could get to a similar range), and as a kid got a lot of buffs that most doesn't have! And also, a kid who was learning the same thing as him took longer to do a lesser version too!
If that's what makes him "absolutely far superior to Gon and able to decapitate him in split-second", then remember that they have this much level of similarities (considering your statements) and they're the same in every relevant stat except LS and after buffing.

there is actually a demon in Kimetsu no Yaiba who can launch attacks that cannot be detected via ordinary senses and Tanjiro with his Extrasensory Perception couldn't perceive them until he received assistence regarding that. That demon is still considered weak by the standards of the Twelve Demon Moons and the Pillars. Gon being a strategist would help but without a concrete and plausible way to actually land his Jajanken attack that fact alone is too vague to justify giving him the victory. Jajanken needs to be charged and will appear to be in slow motion from Yoriichi's perspective which is a very major disadvantage that cannot be ignored. Gon will further encounter trouble through the fact that Yoriichi possesses the mental acuity to keep track of 1800 small pieces moving with what he describes as incredible in all directions around him and having the precision to cut a little more than 1500 of them. He was apparently able to count them too while all of that happened since he was later able to give these numbers as part of him telling his story.
cool demon, but we're not actually talking about nothing remotely close to ordinary senses. Nen's already invisible for anyone who can't use it, the use of In makes attacks and/or the aura as a whole invisible for nen users who aren't using Gyo. Again, Gon has been through a lot of battles where "wow, i have no time to charge this attack!!!" being in there, and still managed to use Jajanken to win or for bating! Remember Jajanken has more than one form, and two of them are for long-range (Only rock needs charging)!
Getting the knowledge that he can see and dodge really fast from things, developing a strategy where he's forced to come closer and try to go through Gon's moves is nothing impossible (it would go for Gon even discovering that the guy can go by what he's thinking and try changing that too, i think).

The starting distance is a mere 50 meters and demon slayers are used to closing the distance towards their target in order to decapitate it. Akaza has a range of tens of meters but this didn't stop Rengoku from closing the distance immediately and Giyu and Tanjiro from keeping up with him. With equal speed and Yoriichi having better mobility Gon isn't going to be able to increase the distance between the two of them unless Yoriichi lets him or retreats which is bad for him once Yoriichi does in fact close the distance which he is in character going to do at the beginning of the fight where Gon doesn't know much about his opponent yet.

Akaza is a martial artist with centuries of experience who was already highly skilled as a human and can unleash dozens to hundreds of these shockwaves at once which grants him Danmaku. This is on top of the abilities he gets from his Compass Needle. You'll need more evidence than just stating that Gon is better.

Unless Gon can just set up these defenses without any indication of having actually done anything like visibly moving or concentrating Yoriichi would know that something is up. These indications would include muscles tensing in anticipation or preparation since the Enhanced Sight granted by Transparent World would allow Yoriichi to directly see them. Pain Resistance doesn't make Gon more resistant to getting decapitated though it will help for whenever heat accumulates through the Crimson Red Nichirin Blade and whenever a slash from Yoriichi's Sun Breathing induces the perception of burning.
Why does he have better mobility than Gon?
Please, try comparing a move that Akaza has to this. Yes, Akaza has a cool move, but Gon can do way more things (and would beat Akaza, remember that except speed and LS, he has the same stats as Yoriichi)
Takes no special concentration to keep Ten activated 24/7, changing from Ken to others is faster than Gon himself. Never said it would be of any use in decapitation, no clue where you got that.

Gon who can use Ken for over 3 hours talks about how that only translate to 10 mins in combat and if he tries spamming jajanken then he will run out of aura even faster once that happens in defense will drop and that game over for him

Your math is wrong, just read what he's saying and remember he's mid-battle.
Also, remember that

-Gon used here is stronger than that one
-Knuckle was a stronger Nen user, so he had to use a ton of Nen to defend himself, to attack and had to move a lot. Here, Yoriichi isn't a Nen user, so one could argue that simple Ten would defend him, He can attack how he wants and movement will be a lot more of keeping distance and dodging than anything.

Lord have mercy on noninho’s soul
After all this and Gon still losing i've got no soul anymore...TY for the consideration :>

Last edited:
I've already mentioned that feat from Tanjuro earlier in this thread.
Ik I was more so pointing out Gon lack of stamina for long fights even if Gon just uses Jajanken for feints he still using a lot of aura just for the activation even if he does not follow through with the ability the part of about Tanjuro was just to emphasize how amazing Yoriichi stamina is

Last edited:
well, can't say much now, agreed.

Except Gon has this power listed to this level, and Yoriichi doesn't...He won't be able to grow in power, but he will react, keep trying to kill, dodge, etc, but not directly upgrade since he doesn't have it listed like Gon...Or you're saying that demons can be more than 10x stronger than the strongest biggest baddest Demon Slayer of the verse and he grows temporarily to their level (via what his profile talks about his Stats Amp, since the way his Accelerated Development works doesn't apply to mid-battle) which would make no sense.

Zenitsu's amps work differently than the Yoriichi's, and it make total sense in the show's context. Yoriichi is crazier than anyone existing in the verse, but he didn't knew everything or could do everything. The thematic is pretty much about how the new gen's boys are growing stronger and capable of things the older weren't, which we could simplify and seeing a "compressed" version by seeing how they differ in the same power!
Also, yeah, Yoriichi smacks Zenitsu and UM6, but it isn't like an RPG where "everyone got EXP by going to the Train Raid and watching Rengoku's cinematics!" (it was an example, only), it's a capability that Zenitsu and Yoriichi don't.

Ahm, yeah, he is the craziest baddest mf and that means a whole lot in the show! agreed! That's really meaningful for that verse!
Gon also got to be (known for those who haven't met a greater menace) the craziest baddest mf at some point, he's stated to have the potential of 1/5000000 (i think if we consider him and the others who came after, we could get to a similar range), and as a kid got a lot of buffs that most doesn't have! And also, a kid who was learning the same thing as him took longer to do a lesser version too!
If that's what makes him "absolutely far superior to Gon and able to decapitate him in split-second", then remember that they have this much level of similarities (considering your statements) and they're the same in every relevant stat except LS and after buffing.

cool demon, but we're not actually talking about nothing remotely close to ordinary senses. Nen's already invisible for anyone who can't use it, the use of In makes attacks and/or the aura as a whole invisible for nen users who aren't using Gyo. Again, Gon has been through a lot of battles where "wow, i have no time to charge this attack!!!" being in there, and still managed to use Jajanken to win or for bating! Remember Jajanken has more than one form, and two of them are for long-range (Only rock needs charging)!
Getting the knowledge that he can see and dodge really fast from things, developing a strategy where he's forced to come closer and try to go through Gon's moves is nothing impossible (it would go for Gon even discovering that the guy can go by what he's thinking and try changing that too, i think).

Why does he have better mobility than Gon?
Please, try comparing a move that Akaza has to this. Yes, Akaza has a cool move, but Gon can do way more things (and would beat Akaza, remember that except speed and LS, he has the same stats as Yoriichi)
Takes no special concentration to keep Ten activated 24/7, changing from Ken to others is faster than Gon himself. Never said it would be of any use in decapitation, no clue where you got that.

Your math is wrong, just read what he's saying and remember he's mid-battle.
Also, remember that

After all this and Gon still losing i've got no soul anymore...TY for the consideration :>
How is the math wrong
If one hour of training translates to ten minutes in combat
he can use Ren for over 3 hours that's 30 mins if he's using Ken in combat but as Knuckle pointed out during a fight he will use other nen techniques that will use more aura jajanken will use up a lot of aura even if he just using jajanken for feints

How is the math wrong

he can use Ren for over 3 hours that's 30 mins if he's using Ken in combat but as Knuckle pointed out during a fight he will use other nen techniques that will use more aura jajanken will use up a lot of aura even if he just using jajanken for feints
i've seen you edited there, so nothing, anymore;
Just for starters: How's Yoriichi penetrating Ten (Gon uses 24/7 no effort)? Only if he can do so, we can start talking about Gon running out early having little to no chance

i've seen you edited there, so nothing, anymore;
Just for starters: How's Yoriichi penetrating Ten (Gon uses 24/7 no effort)? Only if he can do so, we can start talking about Gon running out early having little to no chance
I made the edit before I saw your first reply that's why I was confused by your comment

As for penetrating Gon Ten I don't think that would be hard for Yoriichi since nen users when using Ten have much lower defense then when using Ken to point this out Kurapika who is a conjurer would take some damage from a 9mm bullet even if he blocked it with Gyo

8zg8lly99uu71.jpg

Of course this is Kurapika as a conjurer not when using emperor time however we also see a enhancer in Bill using Ken to block 9mm bullets and he still takes some amount of damage from them

z9mac05c9uu71.jpg

It goes without saying Gon is a stronger nen user than Bill however I don't think Gon Ten > Bill Ken and normal Kurapika Gyo if we are just talking about defense Yoriichi Ap is way higher than 9mm bullet unless you think Gon Ten is higher than normal Kurapika Gyo and Bill Ken which I don't think is the case

The main reason I say this is that the aura around your body when using Ken is around 10 times higher than when using Ten of course If Gon using Ken than Yoriichi wont be able to hurt him

It goes without saying Gon is a stronger nen user than Bill however I don't think Gon Ten > Bill Ken and normal Kurapika Gyo if we are just talking about defense Yoriichi Ap is way higher than 9mm bullet unless you think Gon Ten is higher than normal Kurapika Gyo and Bill Ken which I don't think is the case

The main reason I say this is that the aura around your body when using Ken is around 10 times higher than when using Ten of course If Gon using Ken than Yoriichi wont be able to hurt him
Agree with everything.
Still, if he can only use Ken for 30min: How would it happen that he one-shotted a guy who HE HIMSELF SAYS he would die if it wasn't for his Ken, fought a ton of people stronger than him and made serious damage if didn't win the battle, and is uncapable of doing damage to a guy 10x less AP and Durability and equal speed?

Back