• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku (Dragon Ball Super Anime) Vs Yujiro Hanma (Baki the Grappler). Stats Equalized

Noiceee
I'll tackle goku's advantages:
he can't be sensed because of god ki, plus he can sense Hanma's energy, how much he is using, his exact location and intent, while at the same ttime goku is hiding his ki signature.
with the sensing goku will kknow yujirou's exact location [so sneak attacks are useless] plus how much force he is putting behind his punches plus his intent [thus faking would be useless].
he has minor/limit instinctive reaction so he can dodge his attacks but not all, plus all of his sensing, martial arts experience, analytical prediction and sensing the vibrations of air, he can easily dodge and evade most Hanma's attacks.
goku can use multiple long ranges attacks to keep hanma busy such as ki barge, kamehameha, ki mines, ki blasts, kienzan, finger gun, shockwaves, and kaia. thus taking the long ranged approach would be fatal for hanma.
goku can use his after image which works on people with extra senses [Such as sensing your ki, intent, and determining your location] and even people that are as fast even or even faster than him [it worked on cell and kale and califula] so hanma would even have more difficult time hitting goku.
goku also can use his advantage of acrobatics [he can even use his ki to ride other people's ki, like when he did with kefla and jiren]. he can also create energy shields, plus he can create powerful winds to knock hanma away or blind him with solar flair. Also IT which would make hitting goku near imposible.
as for CQC goku has many abilities to help himself, he can use close ranged blasts, kaia to throw for harm hanma, plus his god bind which would bind hanma and give goku many advantages . Goku also knows pressure point [which is a good skill no matter what], plus he can use his analytical prediction and senses to determine the best time to attack, evade or even block, goku can also read, quickly adapt and even create martial art style stop counter hanma, plus his ki abilities give him wide variety to engage in ny stoe of combat. He can adopt hit and run, close quarters combat, yye long ranged game, a mixture of all, or just ki barrages , or the dodging and blocking game.
for these reasons I give goku the win

I like this match conceptually, but this depends entirely on how Goku would react to such a fight.

If he attempted to spam energy attacks and stay afar, he'd probably win quite handily.

If he got into a melee confrontation... I say Yujiro wins.

I'm too lazy at the moment to make a good argument, but I'll say that nothing in Goku's profile or that has been stated here, aside from the energy blasts, is new to Yujiro or to Baki-verse as a whole. I'll reiterate what I say that Yujiro is, by far, one of the best non-cosmic/conceptual martial artists in the entire wiki, and for a very good reason.

I like this match conceptually, but this depends entirely on how Goku would react to such a fight.

If he attempted to spam energy attacks and stay afar, he'd probably win quite handily.

I'm too lazy at the moment to make a good argument, but I'll say that nothing in Goku's profile or that has been stated here, aside from the energy blasts, is new to Yujiro or to Baki-verse as a whole. I'll reiterate what I say that Yujiro is, by far, one of the best non-cosmic/conceptual martial artists in the entire wiki, and for a very good reason.
Goku's probably much more likely to fight Yujiro H2H when he sees that Yujiro can't fire Ki blasts and the like.

When you have time I’d be interested in hearing your argument in full

This match is amazing, I thought about it so many times but I never made a thread. The skill debate here will be hell, but I think you can actually make arguments for both it's really even, the thing about yujiro is his skill is actually haxxed, usually yujiro never uses the broken martial arts like aiki or xiao lee he goes brute strength since nobody can actually properly match him in that. He has many powerful abilities like pain with benda, cord cut, xiao lee and aiki etc and also has analytical prediction and stuff, I think if goku is in character but doesn't mess around and is serious he can beat yujiro, but if Goku ***** around and stuff, he'll lose if yuijiro starts haxxing.
goku has mainly range, analytical prediction, instinctive reaction (Goku's base form UI is extremely similar to yuijiro's application), all sorts of ki attacks and teleportation, Goku should have better stamina and stuff so yeah, it can go either way but I think Goku can edge it out, if they were both blood lusted though....

What's stopping Hanma from Fear Haxxing and then hitting a dura neg?
Super natural will power, it's a way to counter fear hax, and yujiro's work with a combination of skill, strength, spirit and appearance all of which is countered by Goku, skill is gonna start a debate but I'll argue for Goku, equal strength, both have insane spirit and Goku's fought people way crazier looking that yujiro, in the case of durability negation, I don't think yujiro uses it often and it won't decide the match as it's pain mainulation with the benda which Goku can endure and cord cut which is very useful but Goku won't be severly affected for example he can fight just as well while blind.

Yujiro outskills in melee combat 🦍
I'd argue that Goku outskills, I analyzed what they can do, they can do pretty much whatever the other can but Yuijiro has an edge in prediction, analysis and intelligence not related to combat while Goku has the edge in pretty much everything else with a huge advantage in experience.

Super natural will power, it's a way to counter fear hax, and yujiro's work with a combination of skill, strength, spirit and appearance all of which is countered by Goku, skill is gonna start a debate but I'll argue for Goku, equal strength, both have insane spirit and Goku's fought people way crazier looking that yujiro, in the case of durability negation, I don't think yujiro uses it often and it won't decide the match as it's pain mainulation with the benda which Goku can endure and cord cut which is very useful but Goku won't be severly affected for example he can fight just as well while blind.
Super Natural Willpower isn't triumphing Fear Hax on the CELLULAR LEVEL (ain't he scared of needles anyways???) When he's blind he still can function but it's going to be extremely hard when Yujiro has stealth mastery.

Super Natural Willpower isn't triumphing Fear Hax on the CELLULAR LEVEL (ain't he scared of needles anyways???) When he's blind he still can function but it's going to be extremely hard when Yujiro has stealth mastery.
I don't see why not, baki was able to so Goku should because of his ridiculous will power, it works by a combination of all the things I mentioned, but they don't work on Goku because of the reasons I gave, he has no reason to be afraid of yujiro. I think the needle fear thing is non canon but I don't remember, why is it relevant? Stealth mastery is pretty much useless when Goku can sense his ki, presence by feel his movement through his sight hearing smell and touch senses as well as the air current when yujiro moves, plus they're in a small confined room with nothing in it.

I don't see why not, baki was able to so Goku should because of his ridiculous will power, it works by a combination of all the things I mentioned, but they don't work on Goku because of the reasons I gave, he has no reason to be afraid of yujiro. I think the needle fear thing is non canon but I don't remember, why is it relevant? Stealth mastery is pretty much useless when Goku can sense his ki, presence by feel his movement through his sight hearing smell and touch senses as well as the air current when yujiro moves, plus they're in a small confined room with nothing in it.
1. Can I see where Baki uses this to overcome the fear hax?
2. The needle thing was a joke.
3. Also seeing as Goku uses it to fight, Yujiro should know how to suppress Ki.
4. Also Illusion Creation can be used to distort Goku's senses.

1. Can I see where Baki uses this to overcome the fear hax?
2. The needle thing was a joke.
3. Also seeing as Goku uses it to fight, Yujiro should know how to suppress Ki.
4. Also Illusion Creation can be used to distort Goku's senses.
Baki was like "My cells are shaking, I don't stand a chance" then was like "Naahhhh" and just continued fighting like normal, Goku has even better will power, it'll have no effect especially because of the way it works.
Why would yujiro be able to suppress his ki if he doesn't even use ki to fight? That's a completely different power system. Also how would yujiro even know Goku is suppressing his ki when 1 Goku won't be in a situation where he needs to suppress himself and 2 Yujiro can't even sense ki, his sensing works differently. And even if he could, he wouldn't be able to sense Goku's ki as he resists it. And lastly, yujiro's mimicry doesn't extend to supernatural abilities but only martial arts, so he shouldn't be able to replicate ki sensing at all. There are many things wrong with this.
Pretty sure ki sensing makes Goku differentiate between illusions and reality as yujiro's illusions only work on the traditional senses and not ki sensing.
Anyway can Goku transform into SSJ or SSB but without the amp or is he restricted to base only? Also I think this is kind of cheating but can I use manga Goku? he has more abilities like resistance to illusions and UI in base.

In terms of fighting skill, I think goku had fought more people on his level and has basically mastered martial arts at this point, so I kinda have to give that to him.

goku’s versatility with ki along with his limited space-time manip would give him an edge

Baki was like "My cells are shaking, I don't stand a chance" then was like "Naahhhh" and just continued fighting like normal, Goku has even better will power, it'll have no effect especially because of the way it works.
Why would yujiro be able to suppress his ki if he doesn't even use ki to fight? That's a completely different power system. Also how would yujiro even know Goku is suppressing his ki when 1 Goku won't be in a situation where he needs to suppress himself and 2 Yujiro can't even sense ki, his sensing works differently. And even if he could, he wouldn't be able to sense Goku's ki as he resists it. And lastly, yujiro's mimicry doesn't extend to supernatural abilities but only martial arts, so he shouldn't be able to replicate ki sensing at all. There are many things wrong with this.
Pretty sure ki sensing makes Goku differentiate between illusions and reality as yujiro's illusions only work on the traditional senses and not ki sensing.
Anyway can Goku transform into SSJ or SSB but without the amp or is he restricted to base only? Also I think this is kind of cheating but can I use manga Goku? he has more abilities like resistance to illusions and UI in base.
1. Can you prove that wasn't just fear hax resistance (and that Goku's is better?)
2. He can mimic Goku's technique which Goku uses in combat.
3. I don't see why Ki should bypass everything that's bombarding him. Especially when it's hard to get a read on Yujiro in the first place with his stealth mastery. Also since Goku would be using Ki, he should be able to combine then to just mess his Ki sensing as well.

P.S. he also does use Ki.

1. Can you prove that wasn't just fear hax resistance (and that Goku's is better?)
2. He can mimic Goku's technique which Goku uses in combat.
3. I don't see why Ki should bypass everything that's bombarding him. Especially when it's hard to get a read on Yujiro in the first place with his stealth mastery. Also since Goku would be using Ki, he should be able to combine then to just mess his Ki sensing as well.

P.S. he also does use Ki.
Baki does not have resistance to fear hax nor does he have super natural will power, but Goku does, Goku will not be affected.
So can Goku. And I gave you 5 or so reasons why yujiro can't mimic ki suppression.
Illusions work on the traditional senses, ki sensing is not one of those, so Goku's normal senses may get affected but his ki sensing will not so he'll be able to break out.
I already explained stealth mastery is useless because of a variety of different factors, (enhanced senses, ki sensing, analytical prediction, info analysis and sheer skill).
Prove yujiro can mess with Goku's ki sensing.
And yujiro can't use ki, his sensing and chi manipulation are completely different applications to Goku's ki abilities.

Baki does not have resistance to fear hax nor does he have super natural will power, but Goku does, Goku will not be affected.
So can Goku. And I gave you 5 or so reasons why yujiro can't mimic ki suppression.
Illusions work on the traditional senses, ki sensing is not one of those, so Goku's normal senses may get affected but his ki sensing will not so he'll be able to break out.
I already explained stealth mastery is useless because of a variety of different factors, (enhanced senses, ki sensing, analytical prediction, info analysis and sheer skill).
Prove yujiro can mess with Goku's ki sensing.
And yujiro can't use ki, his sensing and chi manipulation are completely different applications to Goku's ki abilities.
I don't understand, you are saying Baki has SNWP, then you say he doesn't. Anyways, I'm asking for an application of SNWP being the direct reason Baki can shrug off the fear hax, and why Goku's is better.
Yujiro having ki control (even if he doesn't before, he will gave this ability from mimicry of Goku) should make him able to enhance his techniques with Ki like goku does.

I don't understand, you are saying Baki has SNWP, then you say he doesn't. Anyways, I'm asking for an application of SNWP being the direct reason Baki can shrug off the fear hax, and why Goku's is better.
Yujiro having ki control (even if he doesn't before, he will gave this ability from mimicry of Goku) should make him able to enhance his techniques with Ki like goku does.
I didn't say baki has super natural will power, I said he was able to resist Yujiro's fear hax through will power because he doesn't have resistance to fear hax but was still able to fight fine. In Goku's case, he has super natural will power while baki doesn't so his is automatically better and won't be affected by fear hax.
Yeah no. You said before he already has ki, now you're saying he doesn't have it but will get it from Goku. But this is wank, these are the reasons why Yujiro can't mimic ki.
Yujiro cannot mimic supernatural abilities and only shown mimicing martial arts. Yujiro does not have ki or Chi manipulation so the power system is different and doesn't have access to those abilities. The chi manipulation yujiro does have is aiki which has nothing to do with dragon ball ki. Yujiro cannot sense ki so he won't even be able to copy it or it's techniques, yujiro's senses do not allow hin to detect ki but it makes him detect the dominance zone and the fighting spirit but not life force. Even if yujiro wanted to learn ki sensing he wouldn't see it because 1. Goku won't be in a situation where he needs to use it and 2. Goku resist extrasenssory perception. Lastly ki techniques are incredibly difficult to master as it took skilled master martial artists with hundreds of years of experience years to learn them, for example roshi learning the kamehameha took 50 years and he never learned the bukujutsu.
I haven't even gone over Goku's win conditions. He's gonna be the one copying yujiro's martial arts techniques, he could probably copy axvanced techniques like aiki or xiao lee too. Goku also claps in a range match and has multiple techniques that are instant GG like a super charged kamehameha or a kienzan. There's little to no ability yujiro has the Goku doesn't have an answer to.

I didn't say baki has super natural will power, I said he was able to resist Yujiro's fear hax through will power because he doesn't have resistance to fear hax but was still able to fight fine. In Goku's case, he has super natural will power while baki doesn't so his is automatically better and won't be affected by fear hax.
Yeah no. You said before he already has ki, now you're saying he doesn't have it but will get it from Goku. But this is wank, these are the reasons why Yujiro can't mimic ki.

I haven't even gone over Goku's win conditions. He's gonna be the one copying yujiro's martial arts techniques, he could probably copy axvanced techniques like aiki or xiao lee too. Goku also claps in a range match and has multiple techniques that are instant GG like a super charged kamehameha or a kienzan. There's little to no ability yujiro has the Goku doesn't have an answer to.
1. I'm asking for proof that will power was what bypassed it as no application of willpower from what I seen just bypassed fear hax.
2. I said Yujiro does have it but even if he didn't he could mimic it.
3. How is Ki, something that Regular humans (not like Yamcha, more like Farmer) have, a supernatural type of power?
4. This point is all assuming the first 2 did through. This is only if he doesn't get fear haxxed and if he doesn't get shafted from not even being able to sense the dude.

Back