• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War vs Black Swordsman

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
9-A keys here. Orochi scales to 0.035 tons, Guts scales to 0.04 tons, so Guts has an 1.14x AP advantage. SPEED IS EQUALIZED. SBA. Guts has his Dragon Slayer and hand cannon.

Doppo Orochi: 4

Guts: 0

Doppo
Guts Render By Skodwarde

Ionliosite said:
Kirito FRA. Now, seriously what does Orochi do and why he is more skilled than Guts?
Orochi is a 10th dan in Shinshinkai Karate. I think in the skill department that alone makes him more skilled than Guts.

Orochi's repertoire of abilities aren't anything like Yujiro's or Baki's, but they're pretty good. There's RS amping via Sangan (to the point of blitzing), True Mach Fist can one-shot Guts but if Orochi fails to deliver it it would cost him his arm. There's also pressure points and durability negation via QMLS.

Guts via range and stamina, pain tolerance negs pressure points and Guts can use Doppo's weakness easily. though Orochi sounds like he should scale higher than "0.035 tons".

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Doppo is definitely more skilled due to being a baki character, but jokes aside, if you want a more serious scaling chain for him, I'm sure someone will be able to provide. Baki characters in general usually have absurd scaling chains, and I know for a fact Doppo is one of them. Guts, on the other hand, has the range advantage. Karate boi has both the skill and AP advantage, and I'm pretty sure that unless Guts is able to bring down Orochi before he reaches him in close combat, Karate boi is gonna take it. How likely is Guts to try to take him down with the hand canon instead of charging him?

That being said, I don't know if it is in character for Guts to attack the soul. If he it is, he likely ends up taking it.

I say Guts is very likely to use hos cannon but it is not going to be his opener. And does he have his crossbow?

Also the 9-A key is end of Golden Age before the Dragon Slayer bathed in a bunch of demon blood and gained the soul damage ability, I think.

Doppo is actually the one who likely holds the AP advantage here. The feat he scales to is done extremely casually by Retsu who Doppo was stronger than at the time.

There is a lot of misinformation though that I must clarify. In this key Doppo does not have Sangan, so no speed amp. Yujiro destroyed his eye which stops him from doing it. Also the Mach Fist is only said to be the one attack Katsumi can do that Doppo can't, so no massive AP amps either.

Despite this, Doppo is still far more skilled like it has been said already and has some attacks that ignore durability to an extent. Combine this with his ridiculous stamina and likely AP advantage and he takes this mid diff at most.

What Amlad said, gotta go Doppo on this one. Guts likely wouldn't be able to keep up with someone of this skill, and a couple of consecutive Seikens would put most 9-A's down, let alone someone at AP disadvantage. Since skill would be the defining fact between these 2 combatants so close in stats, Doppo takes it FRA

If Guts cut off Doppo's arm he would proceed to punch with his stump, so missing a punch wouldn't have that much of a drawback. Doppo for the aforementioned reasons.

Back