• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

@DaReaperMan Its probably unnecessary, but shouldn't Mimir's weakness section say that Mimir is vulnerable to certain forms of magic(the reason being that Freya bewitched Mimir to not know that Baldur was her son or his weakness to mistletoe)? I mean Freya's magic is pretty strong to be fair, but I think it's something that seems worthy enough to mention.

@DaReaperMan Its probably unnecessary, but shouldn't Mimir's weakness section say that Mimir is vulnerable to certain forms of magic(the reason being that Freya bewitched Mimir to not know that Baldur was her son or his weakness to mistletoe)? I mean Freya's magic is pretty strong to be fair, but I think it's something that seems worthy enough to mention
No it just means that like, Mimir doesn't resist it.

Do you see resistance to Curse Manipulation on his profile cause I sure don't!

Fair enough, I figured that was something notable to note but if it's not like he has a particular vulnerability to curses then it would be pointless to see it as a weakness.

Outside of that? Well I'd like to share another reference of Mimir having Type 7 Immortality because of this conversation in Ragnarok.

Fair enough, I figured that was something notable to note but if it's not like he has a particular vulnerability to curses then it would be pointless to see it as a weakness.

Outside of that? Well I'd like to share another reference of Mimir having Type 7 Immortality because of this conversation in Ragnarok.

Added

Can't wait to put Mimir in the top 10 strongest unknown characters because his standard equipment is fuckmothering Kratos

Added

Can't wait to put Mimir in the top 10 strongest unknown characters because his standard equipment is fuckmothering Kratos
Mimir has the greatest weapon of all time: God of Boi

By the way if you'd like some more references to add to the blog, I have this video that's time stamped where Mimir talks about having Bifrost crystals in his eyes during a conversation between him and Atreus. So it's another piece of evidence of him having Bifrost Magic alongside the Huldra Project #9 reference.

Mimir has the greatest weapon of all time: God of Boi

By the way if you'd like some more references to add to the blog, I have this video that's time stamped where Mimir talks about having Bifrost crystals in his eyes during a conversation between him and Atreus. So it's another piece of evidence of him having Bifrost Magic alongside the Huldra Project #9 reference.
We know his eyes are Bifröst, problem is he never uses the stuff without first absorbing Bifröst into them OUTSIDE of Huldra Project #9

That makes sense, then I don't have anything else noteworthy to ask to be added to your blog. But it will be funny to imagine the reactions people have to an undead head with stonewall durability and Low 1-C eyes having Kratos as standard equipment.

I guess you could say that Mimir is ahead of the curb in that regard...I hold no shame in saying that.

All right that was over 12 hours with some of the most knowledgeable GoW peeps looking at it, I'll prepare the verse page and release my singular profile contribution to the entire verse

The references need cleanup, or else I won't be surprised if some staff member chooses to uh... do questionable things to you 💀

Jokes are well and good but seriously, fix the refs.

You'd be better off trying to prove R>F with Ascended Athena and Hope Kratos.

And given the recent upgrades of R>F, if that thread that got Kratos and Athena upgraded to Low 1-C passed now, they'd be 1-A
Damn. It has been a long time and there has been a lot of talk.

Actually the most important requirement in the current R>F standards is to be in a state of "non-interaction" with everything on the lower planes. And ascended Athena, generally speaking, has a non-interactive and transcends existence with everything, including concepts (except Hope). We have that but unfortunately there are things that are missing, so it's a blurry area.

It's funny how Chains of Olympus Kratos alone fodderizes SK Yhwach to oblivion and beyond, adding in the Olympians would be like trying to kill a fly using a supernova...though any remotely relevant GOW character smacks Bleach into oblivion.

I never played GOW Ascension before so I don't feel confident in stating if Ascension Kratos beats Yhwach or not

It's funny how Chains of Olympus Kratos alone fodderizes SK Yhwach to oblivion and beyond, adding in the Olympians would be like trying to kill a fly using a supernova...though any remotely relevant GOW character smacks Bleach into oblivion.

I never played GOW Ascension before so I don't feel confident in stating if Ascension Kratos beats Yhwach or not
Demigod Kratos was whupping Yhwach back when we had just upgraded GoW to 2-C with 4D hax (We re-did the matchup and Kratos won by a massive landslide of votes), and we were considering if doing God Kratos vs Yhwach was too stompish and some people even warned me against doing that match-up for fears of it being considered spite. Hope Kratos was a no-go anyway because he had Conceptual Invulnerability by then and he was CM1.

Fast-forward now and GoW has come a long way. Tier 1, 5D CM1 Magic all around that's also layered, and then some.

emm since metaphysical aspect equal now (unless stated otherwise by dimensionality and layers hax) would that means kratos beat this old man now ?

Yes, because old man's plot manipulation cannot interact with concepts. And given his immunity to all type 1 concepts including great evils and shit like ND type 2. It becomes a one-sided battle

Back