• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War Hades P&A Revamp

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So I spent a few hours today just reworking the powers and abilities section for Hades 'cause I was bored (Also I want to change his current quote to the one in my sandbox since I think it's better). It's the usual stuff, more links to justify abilities that didn't have justifications before, more powers he didn't have before, and of course references.

Speaking of references, you may notice in my sandbox that I struggled with 2 of them. For the scan saying the Underworld and human world are different dimensions I don't know which interview it was from, and I don't know where the scan that says the waters of the river styx will slay any who drinks from it is from, all I can tell is that it's from some kind of guide. These images were already on his profile before I started working on this, so I'm hoping one of the knowledgeable members of GOW know where exactly they come from so they can be referenced properly before any changes are made to the profile.

River Styx is GOW3 Ultimate Strategy Guide Book Page 69

Last edited:
The dimension stuff is from Weissbauss's GOW QNA, which I can't find the link to anymore.

I rthink Obi or Glassman have it but I'm unsure
I'll try asking them.

But if they can't find it, chances are the link is from the days of yore which effectively means it's dead. So screenshot is what we stick with.

Last edited:
Actually on the subject; could Dimensional Travel be invalid?

Yes the Underworld is a separate world but there's a catch. Hyperion pierced the veil to access the Underworld, thus making them conjoined in a sense. It's why we see people physically travel to the Underworld (Kratos is able to fall into and physically drag himself from Hades) and it's likely teleporting between both wouldn't actually require such hax.

This could nuke the range too but we need opinions too

Obi is currently on a block from the wiki (He requested a year-long block from Ant), might have to ask him that on Discord

Nice,i also want to add a few things

His soul manip also capable to Control
Crush and
CleCleave souls

Pain manip and Curse manip : Able to Curse the enemy and inflict them with the eternal pain of the Underworld

Life Absorbstion and Heal : Capable to Absorb enemy health/life and each attack will grant you heal
Another life Absorbstion

Durability Negation : Capable to bypass/break enemy defense

Teleportation and Homing Attack : Capable to lock and target the nearest enemy to teleport and attacking them

Paralysis Inducement : Able to Stun Enemy

Portal Creation,Void Manipulation and Life Absorbstion : Able to open gateway to Underworld and release a negative energy of Void to Absorb enemy life

Last edited:
I’d suggest a tanner for the abilities he’s shown vs the ones he’d likely have thanks to Chsmpion scaling
Yeah I can make a tabber for those abilities

River Styx is GOW3 Ultimate Strategy Guide Book Page 69
The dimension stuff is from Weissbauss's GOW QNA, which I can't find the link to anymore.
Thank you

Nice,i also want to add a few things

His soul manip also capable to Control
Crush and
CleCleave souls
I can add these. The rest of what you suggested is already in the sandbox in some capacity, the durability negation is just breaking through opponents blocking so it's not really negating their durability and the paralysis inducement is just the opponent getting stunned because they're constantly getting attacked by a barrage of souls without room to move or given enough time to defend themselves.

I can't find the dimension thing but I did find an interview with the ascension dev that states the Furies are more powerful than the Gods but that if for another day

Yeah I can make a tabber for those abilities

Thank you

I can add these. The rest of what you suggested is already in the sandbox in some capacity, the durability negation is just breaking through opponents blocking so it's not really negating their durability and the paralysis inducement is just the opponent getting stunned because they're constantly getting attacked by a barrage of souls without room to move or given enough time to defend themselves.
Hmm im sure breaking/bypass enemies blocking in game is still count as durability Negation in this site

Where you get this Imgur link🧐
I went to the profile to look at what the linked scan says then typed a few sentences from the scan into google to see if the interview would pop up, which it didn't, then went to the images tab in that same search to see if the original was a photo and bam there it was.

Glass disagrees, he says that it should just be one wall of text.
I’d disagree; I think we should make a distinction between the powers he outright exhibits and the ones he gets via scaling from various artefacts

the Davoth page does this and it also makes the p and a easier to read and less just a walk of text (which is obviously not as aesthetically pleasing)

you mean the artifacts that scales to him by default because it's his magic? I don't see the reason to separate the two unless we wanna separate his claws as part of another tab since it's an artifact of his and not innate, just have all his abilities in one tab and resistance in the other, simple as that.

Additions look good to me. As for the structure, personally, I'm fine with either form but more partial to just two tabbers for Abilities and Resistances.

you mean the artifacts that scales to him by default because it's his magic? I don't see the reason to separate the two unless we wanna separate his claws as part of another tab since it's an artifact of his and not innate, just have all his abilities in one tab and resistance in the other, simple as that.
I mean the abilities that he himself never exhibits and it would likely be helpful to have the abilities he's actually been shown to go with for the sake of matches
It also just looks really ugly for no reason to just have a huge wall of text and having the abilities be split up that way would, imo, make it a bit better to read.
The Claws are at least standard equipment so he'd definitely have the abilities associated with them via SBA so you bringing them up isn't a great point.

We already kinda have precedent for this as mentioned with Davoth and likely other profiles I can't find right now (I also think Kratos could do with this but that's just me)

EDIT: I also recall artefacts being linked to Gods like Persephone and Nyx so take that as you will tbh (I have my doubts tho)

You do realize that if you're making a big fuss on what he's shown to do and what he hasn't shown then you can just add a standard tactics section on the page in terms of what he would use more often right? Adding another tabber for shit he would scale to via his champions is redundant as he's the one who gives them the powers in the first place.

You do realize that if you're making a big fuss on what he's shown to do and what he hasn't shown then you can just add a standard tactics section on the page in terms of what he would use more often right?
Hey if you're willing to write that up that's dope
Adding another tabber for shit he would scale to via his champions is redundant as he's the one who gives them the powers in the first place.
I don't think it would be
It would likely make the page much simpler to read and put focus on the shit we actually know he does do himself (Especially since some of the artefacts are accredited to other figures)

I don't think it would be
It would likely make the page much simpler to read and put focus on the shit we actually know he does do himself (Especially since some of the artefacts are accredited to other figures)
Just handle it via the standard tactics page.

Eh that should work but I'd still note a preference to having them split for aesthetics (I think it's a lot clearer to read)
Me or Glass could write that up
EDIT: Could make some others for the other characters like Zeus or Poseidon (The latter especially could be fun since we have some cool details on how he fights)

Last edited:
Question, shouldn't Hades possess Kratos's resistances as a demihuman?
You mean all (not really all of the Resistence that Kratos had) Kratos Resistence as a demi-god/god?

Im sure all the GoW Gods can scales a few abilities and resistence to each other due to their god physiology which im sure soon the suporter will make this thing (which should a few of it scales to norse gods)

Don't forget to add Hades limited high godly regen due to the hands of hades are capable to regen after got attack by Conceptual Attack

Back