• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
with the blades of Athena he only got to land scratch marks on the colossus, he literally could only deal a lot of damage like blowing a hole inside the giant when he got the blade of Olympus.

How does it not change in terms of its power level when the text flat out said with every passing moment, the statues grows more stronger, faster and capable? The people I asked said that’s considered accelerated development when you’re just passively getting stronger.

Yeah every second after being exposed to the amp from Zeus when he just started moving around
Not every second ever

Also you realise that would merely imply the Colossus is superior to the Blade of Olympus and not just a weakened Kratos who's been mostly deprived of his Godly power?

Which makes no sense from a scaling perspective so idk why you're so adamant on that

I don't understand what you're even arguing here. The text flat out said all the power was fully transferred to the colossus. And because it has all the powers Kratos has, it's growing stronger over time.

How the hell was that in any way me saying the blade of olympus is weaker? That's literally how Kratos defeats the colossus in the first place. That's the exact OPPOSITE of me saying the blade of olympus is weaker

Clearly not fully because Kratos drained what was left of his power into the Blade of Olympus and no

The statement only implies it's growing over time in the immediate aftermath of the power being granted, not that it's some constant process of growing stronger in combat like you're implying

Secondly you're whole argument is Kratos needs to destroy the Colossus but the Colossus is destroyed from within where you destroy it's glowing energy heart thing

And that's ignoring the implication Kratos doesn't even possess the power of Ares in SParta because it's only after that game Athena says he's ready to be a God

So how does that debunk the fact that it grew stronger over time?

Yes, but you're ignoring the fact that in order for Kratos to get inside, he had to blow a hole through the colossus with the blade of olympus to begin with, where before he could deal that much damage.

How does Ghost of Sparda existing debunk this? The key that's for Kratos is titled As the god of war, not Ghost of Sparda, which means he's already became a god at in this key, so the whole "he wasn't really a god" statement is moot since this is when he's fully a god of war.

1) How does it prove that he'll be getting stronger over time indefinitely
2) And you're ignoring he was still doing notable damage with the Blades of Athena and seemed confident he could do it without the Blade
3) That's my issue; it shouldn't just be under his GOW key so much as it's own key separate from that

Because that's what's stated in the novels. Every passing moment it's getting stronger. Why would that not scale to Kratos and Ares when their powers as the god of war is the reason why it's getting stronger?

Kratos is confident on a lot of things, especially when he believed he can take on all of Olympus with no help, and being far weaker than before when Gaia told him he needs to find the sisters of fate like, not that long after Zeus tried to kill him.

why would it be from a separate key when again, the reason the colossus is that strong is because it has Kratos' god of war powers? Why would that not scale to his GoW key?

1) Ok. Tell me where it mentions growing in power after the initial being brought to life and why it's explictly scaling to Kratos and Ares

2) Because you're proposing putting it under his Ghost of Sparta key, not a separate key for when he has all the powers of a God

because it only came to life after Zeus gave it the god of war powers. Kratos and Ares are the God of War, the God of War power is why the colossus is growing stronger. How does that NOT scale to the literal gods who have that very power?

there is no ghost of sparda key on Kratos, that's just changed to "as the god of war"

And prove to me it's a constant thing and not just the colossus growing stronger in the aftermath

We never see any mention of either Kratos or Ares growing stronger that way in the series so it's sus there's a character being empowered by that and Zeus giving it life force and saying that applies to both as Passive Power Growth

I know, I'm saying there should be

The proof is there. The text in the novels flat out say that the colossus grew stronger after every moment. If you can find any proof that there’s an actual stop in the Colossus’ power in the novels I’d like to see that.

Can you show me proof that Zeus actually added life into the colossus? Cause all I remember from the text was that Zeus only transferred all the powers to the colossus.

The proof is there. The text in the novels flat out say that the colossus grew stronger after every moment. If you can find any proof that there’s an actual stop in the Colossus’ power in the novels I’d like to see that.

Can you show me proof that Zeus actually added life into the colossus? Cause all I remember from the text was that Zeus only transferred all the powers to the colossus.
Zeus has life Manipulation on his page from bringing the colossus to life, but I don't think it debunks the argument. Yes kratos was still God after zeus took his powers, but he didn't take his "Godhood" until kratos put his "godhood" into the blade. His powers and his "prestige" are two totally different things. You can power null and God and Absorb their powers, but straight up removing their title and prestige is a totally different thing.
I do see the possibility that accelerated development exists, but only for Kratos GOW key, which he was for 2 minutes on screen, if that.
@Hellbeast

Aside from the fact he has it on the page for it?

The fact that Zeus’ touch Brought it to life and we never see any evidence in the text Kratos or Ares can bring life

We also have Poseidon supposedly connecting life itself to Zeus in III with his mention of the death of Zeus meaning the death of all

And even if you were to attribute it to Kratos you’d have to apply this to a key he doesn’t actually have on the page since again

Ghost of Sparta X=X Kratos as the GOW

Poseidon’s words is talking about how the gods’ death will cause havoc across the world because they govern a certain aspect in the world. Zeus dying would cause the same chaotic result as literally every other god in Olympus dying.

So if we add another key for this then you’d be ok with the power being there?

Aside from the fact he has it on the page for it?

The fact that Zeus’ touch Brought it to life and we never see any evidence in the text Kratos or Ares can bring life

We also have Poseidon supposedly connecting life itself to Zeus in III with his mention of the death of Zeus meaning the death of all

And even if you were to attribute it to Kratos you’d have to apply this to a key he doesn’t actually have on the page since again

Ghost of Sparta X=X Kratos as the GOW
Are you saying kratos wasn't the God of War in ghost of sparta?

I'm still not fine with the power but **** it

@Obi2cool4kenobi Basically. He ascended but he's not ready to wield the full might of a god until the ending
False. That whole athena thing was just her trying to remove his memories, and he said "nah, cut that out". He became the full fledged GoW once he sat in that throne. The only way you can say kratos wasn't the God of War in Ghost of Sparta is a headcanon belief that she "somehow" was able to grab him between the events of Sparta and 2, where nothing happened.

How is it false?

We see he's only early on as Ares' replacement, doesn't have the armor that signifies his Godhood in I and II, has no sign of the powers that come with being a God, isn't referred to as a God by anyone who is one and is outright stated to not be ready until the very end of the game to even be a God

Dude, Kratos still had that armor on even when ALL of his god powers were gone. the armor means jack shit here because it's just a status, not an armor.

Yes he is referred as a god. literally every time you run by civilians in Ghost of Sparda, everyone calls him the god of war. There's literal spartans taking down Ares' statue for him because he's the new god of war.

1) No he lost most of his powers

He still gave it a vast portion of his power before the armor was shattered

2) You're once again ignoring only civilians call him this
Literally every Immortal in the game refers to him as Spartan or Godslayer

And Athena, you know, says he's only ready for godhood at the end

He lost his god powers, there’s a difference in this context.

So we’re just gonna ignore the fact that he took Ares’ throne in the end of the first game because they needed a new god of war?

He lost his god powers, there’s a difference in this context.

So we’re just gonna ignore the fact that he took Ares’ throne in the end of the first game because they needed a new god of war?
Are you going to ignore there’s a 10 year gap between him taking the thrones and actually being the God of War, the fact Athena specifically mentions he’s only ready for Godhood after Deimos dies or the fact that half of the scene you alluded to is retconned out of existence (him being the God of war till the modern day)

1) No he lost most of his powers

He still gave it a vast portion of his power before the armor was shattered

2) You're once again ignoring only civilians call him this
Literally every Immortal in the game refers to him as Spartan or Godslayer

And Athena, you know, says he's only ready for godhood at the end
None of the Gods ever see him as a God, even in GoW 2. They always viewed him as a lowly mortal, and even use it as an insult

Are you going to ignore there’s a 10 year gap between him taking the thrones and actually being the God of War, the fact Athena specifically mentions he’s only ready for Godhood after Deimos dies or the fact that half of the scene you alluded to is retconned out of existence (him being the God of war till the modern day)
The GoW 2 script:

"By defeating Ares, Kratos, the once mortal warrior became the
new God of War. However, Kratos soon found himself alone on
Olympus, shunned by his fellow gods."
He became the God of War as soon as he sat on that throne in GoW 1. He became the God of War after defeating Ares. You would have to prove he somehow was granted Godly powers between Ghost of Sparta and 2, where absolutely nothing happened.

I was not remotely talking about the end credits scene in a God of War 1, I’m talking about Athena refusing to let Kratos died because they needed a new God of War since Ares is dead.

anyways this CRT is already done and this conversation isn’t going anywhere at this point. I’m gonna close it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back