• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Goblin Slayer was able to defeat that ogre in the manga and anime. But what if instead of going to that underground cave, he ended up in Shrek's swamp? Let's say he has that water pressure scroll with him. And we're also talking about movie 1 Shrek because he hates people and shit.

Round 1 Normal 1v1 fight Round 2 Goblin Slayer has his friends from when he fought that ogre

GS is pretty far into 9-B and has several noteworthy abilities held over Shrek, including range and healing.

So GS takes this, possibly an AP stomp. How far into 9-B is ogre?

Does he have a calc?

Hitting him? His AP is much closer to baseline 9-A than Shrek's baseline 9-B is to GS' durability. It's an obstacle, sure, but not so much that GS can't harm him.

Goblin Slayer would have trouble getting through Shrek multiple layers, the problem would be surviving multiple strong hits from Shrek. Shrek would probably be as strong or stronger than the Ogre he fought, and Goblin Slayer only survived because he had the help of his party. Without scroll, I would say it goes to Shrek. Two or three hits would be enough to wreck GS.

If he has the water scroll then it's on favor of Goblin Slayer, since without partners he would be more cautious.

"multiple layers" - > I take it all Shrek threads are memes then, yes?

I feel like Goblin Slayer should be able to take this due to higher intelligence and more versatility. I don't doubt he could harm Shrek either.

Goblin Slayer Low-Mid Diff

Not to mention an absurd AP advantage. Pretty sure this is a stomp.

This is a massive AP stomp if taken seriously so this is now in Fun and Games, meme away folks.

Fair enough. If we're taking this as a serious fight, GS still has a 2x AP advantage, a range advantage with the bow, healing, and the ability to just summon an ocean on Shrek via the Gate scroll.

Mr. Bambu said:
Fair enough. If we're taking this as a serious fight, GS still has a 2x AP advantage, a range advantage with the bow, healing, and the ability to just summon an ocean on Shrek via the Gate scroll.
GS doesn't have AP advantage because only difference between AP and Durability matters. GS is still most likely to win though (Not a vote)

Er. Yes he does. His AP is 2x what Shrek's is.

"(Was fine after being tossed hundreds of meters in the air, and crashing through the ceiling of a tower made of pure rock)"

Pretty sure both of this would be 9-B since a terminal velocity fall is 9-B IIRC. Could be wrong I guess.

Mr. Bambu said:
Er. Yes he does. His AP is 2x what Shrek's is.
Shrek's dura: 7 times GS AP

SG dura: 2 times Shrek's AP

This is why Shrek has AP advantage

Don't think he's over the halfway mark.

So let's assume dura scales roughly to AP.

GS takes this with higher AP, better range, and various useful skills like healing.

The highest I've ever seen a fall count was from Space Marines falling from a planetary orbit with an above average gravity, and they weigh like a thousand pounds as is. A fall like that being 9-A for Shrek doesn't seem right.

Goblin Slayer so far has just been getting his ass beat by wall level guys. When he fought that ogre it took just one hit and he was out. Then in the manga when he fought that goblin champion again he was out cold when he went flying into that casket. In fact, in both cases he was barely alive and had to use potions and shit to get up. Shrek on the other hand casually throwing a wine bottle and smashing a ship with it, beating up trained soldiers for fun in a wrestling ring, and being tossed through that castle and just getting up with extremely small damage. Keep in mind Goblin Slayer wears armor the whole time and still gets his ass beat. If anyone is wanked, it's Goblin Slayer. Also if goblins are as weak as children, how are they able to hurt the adventurers? Even if they have weapons they are still as strong as kids, so the impact of the weapons shouldn't be a problem at all. Really at this point Shrek would not only beat Goblin Slayer's party, but that other ogre as well.

...now see that'd be valid if

A. both feats hadn't been calc'd, and GS tanked the Champions attack which was at least 2x stronger than Shrek's

B. the title "Ogre" does not in fact make Shrek directly equatable to Ogres in the GS' own verse.

So no. Shrek is wanked for having blatantly false data on his profile. Try again boyo.

Because it turns out it isn't a roflstomp. I'm sure it'll devolve into memes but until then I'll wait and see if I'm proven wrong.

How is Goblin Slayer even 2x stronger than Shrek? Shrek can casually break a ship with a wine bottle, the best I've seen Goblin Slayer do is swing around his sword. There is no way in hell that guy can even hurt Shrek.

I forgot to mention that when Shrek fought those knights in Shrek 1, they were shown to be able to survive a huge barrel of pint falling on them. Shrek took them out with 1 hit each and he was just messing around. Goblin Slayer wouldn't be able to do anything like that. Don't forget they are knights, meaning they are properly trained soldiers and he toyed with them. I don't even know why Goblin Slayer is so wanked.

Digupthehatchet said:
I forgot to mention that when Shrek fought those knights in Shrek 1, they were shown to be able to survive a huge barrel of pint falling on them. Shrek took them out with 1 hit each and he was just messing around. Goblin Slayer wouldn't be able to do anything like that. Don't forget they are knights, meaning they are properly trained soldiers and he toyed with them. I don't even know why Goblin Slayer is so wanked.
This is from the Attack Potency page: "A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces".

GS never busted a wall physically, but he somehow was able to take Wall level damage, and he can harm those characters who can damage him, so he gets the scaling. I agree that he is weaker than the Champion (after he got hit once by the Champ he was very battered and could barely move ), in fact I would be okay with him not being scaled to the Champ, but he somehow was able to damage him and gave him a lot of trouble to the point where the Champ was desperately trying to get him off his neck (the fact that the Champion tackled him to a wall and GS still hanged on to his neck is also a durability feat ), so by that evidence he gets the scaling (even though I'm bothered by it).

The GS manga and the secondary manga that tells GS' backstory is filled with Wall level feats, so somehow it has consistency (not always though). In fact, I may have found a bigger durability feat for GS, but I feel like bringing this would be already exaggerating because GS shouldn't and wouldn't be able to survive that.

Back