• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goblin Slayer vs Russian Mob Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goblin Slayer vs Jacket

Jacket has his various mask abilities. Fight takes place in Disney Land. They start at opposite sides of the place, and have time to collect as they approach. Goblin Slayer is bloodlusted, and I'm pretty sure Jacket doesn't need bloodlust...

I'm intentionally leaving speed unequalised for now, but I may change it. I think it will give Goblin Slayer a better capacity to deal with the guns, and Jacket can manage to fight people faster than him to a segnificant degree, I believe.

Hotline miami pixel art
Goblin slayer fanart

Goblin has speed advantage, healing, and better senses. Based on the profile alone he also has a slight range advantage.

Voting Not-Doomguy for now.

yah know D&D has some 9-B goblinoids

Also another match idea

If I ever add Absolver, the base tiers are 9-B and also developed by Devolver Digital (looking at Hotline Miami for that).

granted, mid tiers are 9-A right now and god tiers are 7-C with Tier 2 in the fold but still

I'm disappointed this wasn't just John Wick honestly (You know that'd be a good fight)

All up tho I think Goblin's got this fra.

If Goblin Slayer is bloodlusted, he's probably going to pull the magic scroll as his first move. How do Jacket's masks work? Some of them in his profile states that it is game mechanics, while some have kind of hax (like OHK).

Siding with Goblin Slayer FRA. Also while his experience is primarily with Goblins, he is still shown capable of holding his own against non-goblins such as the time he fought the Ogre.

Besides, Goblin Slayer has a lot of quiet methods to kill with, such as a bow and arrow, poison gas, oil and fire, etc. he has a lot of ways to cripple and then finish off.

How does Goblin slayer outrange actual guns?

Also is Jacket wearing like a composite mask or something? that's kinda weird, but a few give him significant speed amps.

@Wok By Jacket's guns having crap range.

They don't though. Just because hotline Miami takes place indoors doesn't mean that the guns arbitrarily have far less range then they would actually have.

Maybe an accurate range key should be added? As in "shown to be accurate from X range, guns can be lethal from Y range"?

Hotline Miami's guns basically always reach the farest side of the map they can. they are probably comparable to real guns of that time period. Guns in general will be lethal to all but the toughest enemies, and even then its only the weakest ones that they can actually walk away from

Okay. So yeah he should probably have "shown to be blank, guns can probably reach to blank" or something similar.

Remember that jacket was a retired spec ops elite soldier. I don't think the ranges you'd encounter in-game are gonna be all he can shoot accurately at. Probably just something like "x via guns which shoot this far"

Whatever the case, my vote for Goblin still applies. His superiority in other factors is hard to look past.

Mr. Bambu said:
Whatever the case, my vote for Goblin still applies. His superiority in other factors is hard to look past.
That sorta speed doesn't let you constantly Dodge machine gun fire though, or a flamethrower.

Jacket is likely Superior in experience, given the whole "extremely elite soldier" and the ridiculous stuff he gets up to in the game itself.

He should probably have subsonic reactions considering other hotline Miami characters do and he has by far the most screen time, but eh. Brandon let's him run about the same speed a some bullets, but that's just gameplay mechanics, probably. Considering that he has multiple speed amps though, I don't think that gap's gonna be as relevant as you make it out to be.

Enhanced senses and aim dodging does.

...I disagree with this, considering both are considered extremely elite soldiers.

Fair enough, but my other points for Goblin are still valid. Enhanced senses give him a (slight) edge and Healing allows him to sort of just tank damage and then get back.

Aimdodging something that shoots at 900 RPM? Even with the speed advantage, he's not gonna escape a quick spray totally unharmed due to how much less distance jacket needs to cover to adjust his angle and that he starts at a range advantage.

Jacket was part of the Ghost Wolves, an elite 4 man unit considered almost like an army in it's own right. They easily took over a base defended by Soviet military. That one base caused the entire D company, which should have it's fair share of experienced soldiers, extremely heavy casualties and they considered it insurmountable. Jacket and 3 others take it over in a night. He also survives what's considered a suicide mission even for the likes of those 4, though he was severely wounded in the end by something completely random and was saved by beard. Point is, the soldiers defending the power plant wasn't the issue, an elevator randomly blowing up in his face isn't really a nock against his skill. This doesn't even consider what goes on in HLM1, which is quite frankly absurd, but I can elaborate of you want.

Jacket's not the type to give an opponent the chance to heal. My vote's still going to him.

I think we are going to need a calc. There are a lot of Wall level feats in GS, but this might or might not change the outcome of this match (GS might be able to comfortably tank Jacket's bullets or he might get shot to death).

V006
This is an example. GS tanked an attack from this Goblin Champion.

Also, OP stated that both start at the opposite side of Disneyland, so it might be also a matter of who finds who first.

Alright I can't see manga worth a damn. What is the feat in question? Looks like someone knocks off the top bit of the pillar, yeah?

Well, there are a lot of feats like this, but this one is an example. I think @Ricsi-Viragosi was more eager to make a lot of calcs about the manga. Maybe you can ask him if he can give you a better looking feat.

Yes, that Goblin Champion knocked a pillar while pursuing Goblin Slayer. Some chapters ago, Goblin Slayer got hit by that monster and barely survived.

I can calc that, then. Don't know anything about the verse but I like the aesthetic.

It'll be done in a bit.

Looks like even with the low end, Goblin Slayer is going to comfortably tank most of Jacket's arsenal.

Maybe not comfortably, but he should be able to tank a fair amount of damage, yes.

6 for GS, 1 for Jacket

Grace begins

24 hours boyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back