• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goblin Slayer vs Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two armored stoic badasses dedicated to eradicating hordes of irredeemable monsters hellbent on Humanity's destruction.

9-B versions. So MC is without his armor.

Master Chief is wearing ODST battle armor, and has an MA5B, a combat knife, and one plasma grenade.

The Goblin Slayer has the Gate Scroll.

Speed is equalized.

Both have no knowledge of eachother.

Victory via death.

Who wins and why?

Master Chief:0

Goblin Slayer:0

Inconclusive:0

Okay, I'll hold off voting for now, but I kind of want to point out that Goblin scales from over 3 million Joules. The accepted result of John's feat was the 57,000 one. That's like a 50x AP + Durability gap right there. That being said, John has obvious range advantage, but that Assault Rifle is pretty weak compared to Goblin's durability; unless bullets due their trademark PIS that is . The one trump card John has though is the 8-C plasma grenade, but it's also a risky move.

Not familiar with Goblin Slayer, so not sure how Gate Scroll works, but looks pretty dangerous to John based on how his profile words it. What would its range be though. This is basically a who hits first scenario. Will wait for more input before voting though.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
That's like a 50x AP + Durability gap right there.
Not exactly.

Goblin Slayer got nearly incapped and was bleeding severely from the attack, and only got up via sheer "I D O N T L I K E G O B L I N S", proceeding to die a few minutes later after he strangled the thing that did it to him to death with a wig.

So assuming John is a little bit more casual then that, the gap isn't nearly that big, though Gobby likely nosells his stuff.

Gate Scroll works by blasting the opponent with water taken directly from the ocean, which.. self evidently, hurts alot to whoever's on the receiving end, especially if they have large size like the Ogre he used it on.

Speaking of, he reserves that for special occasions, such as opponents he can't beat normally, or flooding an entire goblin base. Not something he would be likely to pull against someone who barely does any damage to him.

Hmm, okay, but that still doesn't quite close the gap the be any smaller than 7.5x as shown on the One-Shot page. But perhaps bullets could at least chip damage the Goblin.

I see, the Gate Scroll would be OP against John for sure, but will probably not use it. And the Plasma grenade if it's a direct hit would one shot the Goblin Slayer. Though, I have a feeling Mr Bambu might be more interested in this thread.

Goblin Slayer one-shots with the Gate Scroll. And also don't forget that the hit from the Hobgoblin pretty much killed the Goblin Slayer. And his armor clearly did little to protect him.

Also don't forget that Master Chief massively outskills, plus the MA5B and Sticky Grenade are both OCP's to the slayer.

Said hit was Megajoule range, so no wonder it brought him to death.

Also DDM, the Hobgoblin calc doesn't scale to Goblin Slayer's AP tbh. I don't think he's even that far above baseline since he casually slices through goblins and sends them flying dozens of meters.

I didn't forget anything. Also, if that doesn't scale to Goblin Slayer, than it probably should be clarified in his profile. It's also mentioned in GS's profile that he's also an excellent tactician. Also, the MA5B is only 9-C though, but rounds per minute + penetration make up for it.

I know John is skilled, but from my experience, skill/intelligence is often one of the least deciding factors in VS threads. Bambu might have something to say to change the vote, but I guess I'll lean towards John for the time being given his stealthy tactics and the plasma grenade's oneshot factor. I don't know how skilled Goblin Slayer is, but John has defeated foes similar to that, and is probably stronger as an adult than he is as a teenager.

Umm, I do not know if I'm right in considering this, but Goblin Slayer always gets potions that heal the pain immediately, even attacks from an Ogre. The attack of the Goblin Champion, did NOT kill him, the same sword maiden told him that he was close to death, but not to die since the spell they used to cure him only worked if the person was on the verge of death.

Goblin Slayer resisted the blow of the Goblin Champion, and showed not to feel any pain but bad memory, since it is a capacity that apparently releases in moments of desperation. If it's any battle, Goblin Slayer will have potions, since he always has them. In addition, the same Goblin Slayer armor protects him to the point of not allowing him to hurt even a bone, even after resisting the brutal blow of the ogre, he was able to remain conscious, and move his body normally, only that he was not completely well enough to use a sword And here, your potions come in.

Sorry, I do not know the rules of the versus in this wiki xd, but I decided to say something since I recently read the 3 sleeves of Goblin Slayer.

Also, I do not know what the "bump" refers to, so that's why I thought, and I speak Spanish haha. xd.

By the way, I can add that Goblin Slayer can create through a kind of gasoline, fire. And it can with wheat flour and something else that I do not remember, cause explosions. So I guess that should also be taken into account :T

They clear cut said that sharing a bed with a Virgin brings people back to life, which it did.

Bump is just a term to get the thread to appear on recent wiki activity; which is fine as long as it's not abused.

GS only kept fighting because the thought of his companions being raped and murdered by Goblins put him into a state of hysterical strength and that allowed him to fight for some minutes after. The only reason he was still alive was by using that odd resurection ritual.

No, I already said it, when the same Goblin Slayer asked if that ritual revived people, the Sword Maid said she could not, but she could heal people who were near death.

You have to take into account that Goblin Slayer, if it has the objects it normally carries, could make use of a strange combination of wheat flour with something else that I do not remember, which can generate an explosion. (I do not know what magnitude, the calculations are not my thing: c)

Goblin Slayer proves to be able to fight even against the Lord Goblin, who in itself could also break the shield of Goblin Slayer, I do not know if that could be counted.

I'm not overestimating Goblin Slayer xdxd, just as I recently read both the official manga and the spinoffs, I wanted to give my opinion.

ChaosAyase~ said:
You have to take into account that Goblin Slayer, if it has the objects it normally carries, could make use of a strange combination of wheat flour with something else that I do not remember, which can generate an explosion. (I do not know what magnitude, the calculations are not my thing: c)
Goblin Slayer proves to be able to fight even against the Lord Goblin, who in itself could also break the shield of Goblin Slayer, I do not know if that could be counted.

I'm not overestimating Goblin Slayer xdxd, just as I recently read both the official manga and the spinoffs, I wanted to give my opinion.
I'm pretty sure that was a one-off situation that required help from his allies.

Wrong. GS never engaged the Lord for long. And he needed help from Priestess in order to trap him and kill him.

Chief just shoots FRA. Tank armor > Gobbo's plate armor, and tank armor is the type of thing Chief regularly shoots at.

Reasons are that Chief's dealt with stronger beings. Also, penetration power, better tech and all that stuff.

Huesito88 said:
Guys don't click that, it's a inappropriate pic.
LOL I ninja'd you there xD

But yeah, that comment needs to go.

Jackythejack said:
So the Goblin Slayer fra shouldn't be counted?
Whats the vote count?
It's not actually for Gobbo tho. It's a joke that confirms Titan's vote for Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back