• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Keep in mind that Harry was fighting against Black Suit Spider-Man, and the Symbiote increased Peter’s stats, so it’s not a fair comparison. In his first fight with Peter, Harry actually managed to do a good job and keep Peter on the ropes for most of the fight.

With this in mind, I think I’m going to vote for James Franco Green Goblin. Though both Goblins should be basically equal in stats, James Franco Goblin has shown more versatility with his glider and technology, and actually has more options than Dane Dehaan’s Goblin. Dehaan Goblin only used the pumpkin bombs once in the fight, and that was to blow up the floor Peter and Gwen were standing on. Meanwhile, Franco Goblin has used the Razor Bats, an electrified sword, and the actual Pumpkin Bombs. Franco Goblin also shows more experience and control with the glider, managing to hit Peter multiple times midair before he could react. Franco’s glider also returns to him and can sense whenever the rider is gone, which is what it did during his first fight with Peter. Franco also has the nimbleness and acrobatics to position himself to land on his glider, giving him another advantage here.

Something important to consider too that’s listed on his profile is that Franco Goblin was never interrupted during the procedure to take the Performance-Enhancing Serum, so he should scale above his own father. The Raimi-verse version of the serum also gives both Osborn’s enhanced senses, and Franco was capable of catching a base and basketball instinctively even after losing his memory, showing how the serum is engraved in his system. Dahaan’s Goblin hasn’t been shown to possess heightened senses, since he only got his powers from the EXO suit, not a serum.

Not really, Peter was holding back the whole fight and he still kicked his ass.
Yea, I guess Peter was holding back. But regardless of that, he still managed to hurt Peter with his Razor Bats and force Peter to use tactics to beat Harry. That’s not something that should be overlooked.

TASM Goblin put up a better fight against his respective Spider-Man than Raimi Goblin
Who’s to say that TASM Peter wasn’t holding back against his version of Goblin either? He was really only focused on keeping Gwen safe and restraining his friend long enough to get her out of the fight. I don’t think it’s a really fair comparison to make there.

pineapple express FRA
7ed15e0842db6f46c08f4233564811e21c8c9b78r1-350-200_00.gif

I called it in my Norman vs Harry thread that New Goblin would beat TASM Harry

Surprised TASM Harry got one vote though. IMO this fight is incredibly decisive in New Goblin's favour

Back