• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giving the Majority of Dragon Ball Characters Explosion Manipulation

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
So because of some silly comments on this thread, as well as some made on Discord, I am proposing this ultimatum.

All characters who can use potent enough ki attacks in the Dragon Ball verse should be allowed to have Explosion Manipulation through shooting their attacks hard enough to cause explosions. There are many, many instances where they shoot their ki attacks at someone to create a barrage of explosions, Vegeta rapid-firing his Gallack Gun attack comes to mind, so these attacks should qualify for this ability. This is especially true when you consider the description of the Explosion Manipulation profile reads as such.

Explosion Manipulation is the ability to generate spontaneous explosions at will. This can be achieved through a variety of means, such as weaponry, specialized technology, or through supernatural powers.
So yes, do it or don't. I don't care. I am simply laying out the facts for people to discuss.

I am of the opinion that it should be added, unless some verse mechanic prevents that

Yeah I agree, AFAIK didn't Vegeta once manipulate one of his ki attacks to explode upon contact?

Frieza is textbook definition of Explosion Manip, seeing as his Supernova didn't immediately explode on impact until after it reached the core, as he controlled it with his finger.

Ki attacks cause explosions when detonated, so I guess it does make sense. That said, some can do it on their own, like Jiren for example, who I'm pretty sure made explosions by glaring

I think it's fine, but I'll wait for other staff to comment

I disagree mostly because this might result in changes of standards regarding vibration and air manipulation.

How about just limited explosion manip? It basically a by product of it.

And no need to give it to everyone, just those who have shown it

Ki Blasts explode upon impact because they are balls of high-power energy.
Yeah that is not the default assumption for what energy projection can do and should definitely be noted no matter the means of achieving it. I'm fine with limited, idc about the details.

Vibration Manipulation is the ability to spontaneously create, manipulate, or otherwise utilize vibrations of any intensity in combat. This ability appears most frequently as an offensive attack, unsettling the ground beneath the target or sending destructive shockwaves to pummel foes. Note that this does not apply to characters who can't create and employ them in a way that differs from just being a side-effect of their attacks, with no specific function.

I mean a big ball of energy can very well sear through and burn a hole, so there's very well an ambiguity worth clarifying when a ki blast comes in contact with something.
Vibration Manipulation is the ability to spontaneously create, manipulate, or otherwise utilize vibrations of any intensity in combat. This ability appears most frequently as an offensive attack, unsettling the ground beneath the target or sending destructive shockwaves to pummel foes. Note that this does not apply to characters who can't create and employ them in a way that differs from just being a side-effect of their attacks, with no specific function.
I mean Vibration Manipulation's the expected byproduct, this kinda isn't the case with energy projection, wher explosion is one of many forms to express said energy from an IRL perspective.

I mean Vibration Manipulation's the expected byproduct, this kinda isn't the case with energy projection, wher explosion is one of many forms to express said energy from an IRL perspective.
This case scenario also applies with air manip too. Dragon Ball characters creates massive gusts of winds when powering up does that mean they all should receive air manip.

Although will say reading the files, wiki seems slightly presumptious in how characters use ki, and extend one showcase of ability to every character. Seems disingenuous.

I definitely agree with this.
Also, didn't goku create wave of explosions with his kick against jiren? That could be another justification for goku at least.

Well I certainly agree and yeah I'm of the same mind as impress and KLOL

I agree with explosion manip, but we should deffo only give it to those who have shown to have explosion manip / have done explosions inverse. Unless its a universal thing everyone can do, which i dont remember to be the case

Probably one of those instances where lots of people could do it, but haven't. So yeah we probably can't scale that.

Just like how Vegeta has resistance to Absolute Zero at SS and Goku doesn't at MUI

Just to know, do Kiai in general count as Limited Vibration/Air Manipulation?
This case scenario also applies with air manip too. Dragon Ball characters creates massive gusts of winds when powering up does that mean they all should receive air manip.
Also Limited Weather Manipulation and Limited Earth Manipulation too since when powering up characters can cause natural disasters such as hurricanes or earthquakes.

Back