• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gilgamesh vs Alcides (GRACE)

Gilgamesh
8329426-gil.png

8329433-vs.jpg

Alcides
8329428-alcides.jpg

They fought in Strange Fake with both of them calling the other weak yet the fight was interrupted before anyone won.
8329429-gilcallsweak.png
8329430-howweak.png

But who would actually win in an uninterrupted fight to the death?

- No knowledge

- Battle takes place where Gilgamesh, Alcides and Hippolyta fought

- They start 200 meters apart

- Servant Gilgamesh is used

Last edited:
Gilgamesh has a shit ton more haxs than Alcides, has superior AP (6-C+ with Gate of Babylon) and he's supposedly smarter (going by profiles atleast)

thats all i got to the table.

Gilgamesh has a shit ton more haxs than Alcides, has superior AP (6-C+ with Gate of Babylon)
It didn't really work against Alcides.
Bellowing a declaration that stretched the limits of credulity, Gilgamesh launched countless
Noble Phantasms from his Gate of Babylon, which opened behind him.
The archer seemed helpless under the rain of blades, some of which were of high rank. He,
however, brandished his bow with his left hand, and went about sweeping aside the shower of
Noble Phantasms with a speed that defied even a Heroic Spirit’s expectations.
“What?”
“...”
The Heroic Spirit, who had deflected dozens of Noble Phantasms without so much as a
scratch, wordlessly stretched an arm out to Gilgamesh, palm up, and beckoned provocatively
to him with his fingers. When Gilgamesh saw that, his eyes narrowed, and he struggled to keep
fury out of the voice that resounded across the rise.
“...I see you have light fingers. In that case... how about this?”
With a malicious grin, Gilgamesh deployed his Gate of Babylon over a wide area of the rise.
The entrances to his treasury, deployed so as to surround the archer on all sides, began to twist
like a tornado. Then they fired innumerable Noble Phantasms with the force of machine guns,
raising a veritable whirlwind of lights and impacts high above the eminence.
Tens, hundreds, thousands of Noble Phantasms poured down on the man who stood in the
tornado’s center. They were blades or wisdom; suffering or salvation. There were dragon-slaying
long swords; cursed swords that bring ruin; hero-killing spears; formless thunderbolts. The ori-
ginals of every Noble Phantasm that human hands had ever possessed or created were being
hurled out unsparingly. A hellish rain of mankind’s legends, fired from every conceivable angle.
Tine, witnessing that fearsome scene, imagined that not even a single scrap of the archer’s
flesh would survive it. As the whirlwind settled, however, it disclosed a sight that betrayed both
Gilgamesh and Tine’s expectations — the archer, unharmed and brushing dust from the long
cloth that covered his body, and mountains of innumerable Noble Phantasms piled about him.
“Impossible...”
Gilgamesh, in contrast to the wide-eyed Tine, stared wordlessly at his opponent. For a brief
while, silence reigned on the rise. Until it was broken by the archer’s stifled laughter.
“He... hehe... he... heh... ha... ha ha...”
There was obvious derision in the sounds audible from beneath the cloth.
“...What’s so funny?” Gilgamesh asked, expressionless.
The archer responded with a single, clearly-spoken word:
“Weak.”

Gilgamesh has a shit ton more haxs than Alcides, has superior AP (6-C+ with Gate of Babylon) and he's supposedly smarter (going by profiles atleast)

thats all i got to the table.
Almost all of G.O.B is Usless against Alcides because he possesses the pelt of a Beast that rejects human civilisation meaning any weapons crafted by human hands can't harm him

Although (these maybe spoilers for Strange Fake)Gilgamesh did get around this by specifically targeting the parts that were not draped in the beasts pelt

But as to who I think would win its Gil for sure I mean even in the Strange Fake Light novel after seeing Him and Gil fight and even after seeing him yeet the **** out of jack Tiné still had zero doubt that if they clashed Gilgamesh would win now that maybe a biased opinion but I think that once he busts out Sha Naqba Imuru and EA its GG

Last edited:
Although (these maybe spoilers for Strange Fake)Gilgamesh did get around this by specifically targeting the parts that were not draped in the beasts pelt
That didn't work because Alcides defended with Nine Lives.
Then, Alkeides, his posture still relaxed, spoke with force.
“...Nine Lives.”
At almost the same instant Gilgamesh deployed his Gate of Babylon, Alkeides fired his bow.
Hundreds of Noble Phantasms were fired.
Not the weak Noble Phantasms that Gilgamesh had attacked with during their confronta-
tion in the wasteland—each and every one of these would be sure to smash his opponent’s Spirit
Origin.
If they had been fired with conceit, the myriad of Noble Phantasms would have fallen as a
rain of vicious bloodlust with no thought for efficiency or any other consideration.
Now that he was standing on the same land as his friend Enkidu, however, Gilgamesh had
no conceit.
His onslaught consisted of accurate Noble Phantasms aimed precisely at the parts of Alkei-
des’ body that the Nemean Lion’s pelt did not cover. It was a lethal swarm that would have obli-
terated any ordinary Heroic Spirit.
And yet, the rapid barrage of arrows that Alkeides fired while leaping to one side were dow-
ning those Noble Phantasms by matching them shot for shot.

But as to who I think would win its Gil for sure I mean even in the Strange Fake Light novel after seeing Him and Gil fight and even after seeing him yeet the **** out of jack she still had zero doubt that if they clashed Gilgamesh would win now that maybe a biased opinion but I think that once he busts out Sha Naqba Imuru and EA its GG
I'll count it as a vote for Gilgamesh then.

Although his Master implied that Ea can be stolen by Alcides but said that Gilgamesh doesn't need it to use Enuma Elish which is a really weird statement.
Judging from circumstantial evidence, Alkeides possessed a Noble Phantasm that stole his
opponent’s Noble Phantasm, which smacked of foul play. But the way things were going, Gilga-
mesh would not even need to draw Ea, the Sword of Rupture, to unleash Enuma Elish, so there
would be no risk of it being stolen.

Honestly i didn't take the statement about Alcides can stole out Ea, considering how weird it is
The way I interpret it is that Gil can activate Ea inside GoB without pulling it out and then open the portal so the Enuma Elish attack is launched but the actual Ea weapon isn't pulled out and Alcides can't steal it.

But yeah, it's a really odd statement and my interpretation could be wrong.

I know. I just wanted to point out that it wasn't enough to actually hit Alcides.
But who knows in a prolonged fight with no interruptions or plot at work like in the LN's would he be able to keep it up indefinitely?? Just some things to take into account at worst he could just use G.O.B to pin him down and then use the GG stick to finish him

But who knows in a prolonged fight with no interruptions or plot at work like in the LN's would he be able to keep it up indefinitely??
Well definitely not indefinitey as it was stated the mana batteries Alcides' Master provided would keep him fighting at full strength for several months.

But keep in mind that Gilgamesh only learned of the pelt's ability after Hippolyta punched Alcides. And this matchup is basically "What would happen if their first fight was not interrupted?" as the conditions are the same except Gilgamesh's Master isn't present.
Personally what I think would happen in-character is that after Gilgamesh sees that Gate of Babylon doesn't work against Alcides, he gets provoked into pulling out Ea and pulls out Merodach to see if Alcides is worthy as it happened in the fight.
Now from this point three things can happen:
  • Merodach doesn't work on Alcides because of the pelt (there's no indication it's a Divine Construct) and Gilgamesh would then need to use Ea as he said he would. Alcides then steals it with Reincarnation Pandora (which Gilgamesh has no knowledge of) and then Alcides proceeds to win due to having the advantage of Gilgamesh still not knowing to target the spots not covered by the pelt, making GoB less effective than it was during their second fight.
  • Merodach does work on Alcides for some reason (maybe it's able to hit the spots not covered by the pelt) and leaves him vulnerable to GoB which Gilgamesh uses to defeat him (though Alcides does have A+ Rank Battle Continuation so I don't know).
  • Merodach doesn't work on Alcides because of the pelt, he steals Ea but Gilgamesh pulls out Sha Naqma Imuru, determines the best course of action (meaning that he will now target the spots not covered by the pelt with high ranked weapons just like in the second fight) and eventually defeats Alcides somehow.
So basically I think it's kind of inconclusive. Just my take on the matchup based on everything we've seen.

Well definitely not indefinitey as it was stated the mana batteries Alcides' Master provided would keep him fighting at full strength for several months.

But keep in mind that Gilgamesh only learned of the pelt's ability after Hippolyta punched Alcides. And this matchup is basically "What would happen if their first fight was not interrupted?" as the conditions are the same except Gilgamesh's Master isn't present.
Personally what I think would happen in-character is that after Gilgamesh sees that Gate of Babylon doesn't work against Alcides, he gets provoked into pulling out Ea and pulls out Merodach to see if Alcides is worthy as it happened in the fight.
  • Merodach doesn't work on Alcides because of the pelt (there's no indication it's a Divine Construct) and Gilgamesh would then need to use Ea as he said he would. Alcides then steals it with Reincarnation Pandora (which Gilgamesh has no knowledge of) and then Alcides proceeds to win due to having the advantage of Gilgamesh still not knowing to target the spots not covered by the pelt, making GoB less effective than it was during their second fight.
  • Merodach does work on Alcides for some reason (maybe it's able to hit the spots not covered by the pelt) and leaves him vulnerable to GoB which Gilgamesh uses to defeat him (though Alcides does have A+ Rank Battle Continuation so I don't know).
  • Merodach doesn't work on Alcides because of the pelt, he steals Ea but Gilgamesh pulls out Sha Naqma Imuru, determines the best course of action (meaning that he will now target the spots not covered by the pelt with high ranked weapons just like in the second fight) and eventually defeats Alcides somehow.
So basically I think it's kind of inconclusive. Just my take on the matchup based on everything we've seen.
Well I dont know about reincarnation pandora actually being able to steal EA I believe it was just stated to be a risk, it's kinda iffy so using it as a major factor in a scenario makes it iffy too but that's just my take

Plus I do believe Sha Naqba Imuru passively tells him what the Servants true name and Noble Phantasms are if he sees that none of G.O.B is working I can see him busting it out and scooping out his skills and NP's first before making a move because Alcedies wouldnt know about how Gilgamesh is an extremely prideful individual and can be goaded into doing certain things with the right provocation so i think it all depends on whether Gil decides to use SNI in earnest if he does then I'd give it to Gil but if Alcedies actually does steal EA anything could happen at that point

to be honest, Gil should take this, the only reason for him to lose is again is another stupid move like when he fought again a certain faker. Alcides is a real threat, his arrow can damage Gil armor, the moment Gil saw the threat he murder the guy

To be fair, Alcides was designed to be an "Anti-Gil" type enemy but once Gil figured it out he's getting wrecked (at least in this match, dunno in the novel)

How about this?

How about this?
I already addressed these but the main factor to consider here is that they don't have prior knowledge of each other like in Strange Fake because that's the only reason Alcedies knew about EA and the only reason he knew Gilgamesh could be goaded into taking certain actions with the right provocation as a result of his pride

So the moment he launches G.O.B with usual force and sees it not doing a single thing his next natural course of action would be to bust out passives SNI and at that point it would be GG because even in the LN it took a combination of both Ishtar using Bab-ilu to seal G.O.B and Humbaba's sudden appearance (which distracted him) in order for Alcedies to land a fatal blow so in a fight with no prior knowledge I don't think Alcedies has much of a chance here even less of a chance if he busts out the star of Creation that GG'd heaven and earth.

Gilgamesh is only 1-C with Ea.

My bad for not making it clear which key is used here.
No if this Is CCC Gilgamesh. I haven't seen strange fake, but I think Gilgamesh would have targeted the unprotected parts. also Sha Naqba Imuru shouldn't tell him the np of Alcides?

Last edited:
No if this Is CCC Gilgamesh. I haven't seen strange fake, but I think Gilgamesh would have targeted the unprotected parts. also Sha Naqba Imuru shouldn't tell him the np of Alcides?
The Gil being used is regular Servant Gil. We know he wouldn't target the gaps in the pelt on a first encounter before getting information because he just didn't do it when they fought for the first time. And he didn't pull out SNI against Alcides even when hundreds of NPs from GoB were seemingly tanked without a scratch. This is an in-character fight so Gil wouldn't use SNI at least until the point the fight was interrupted in SF.

The Gil being used is regular Servant Gil. We know he wouldn't target the gaps in the pelt on a first encounter before getting information because he just didn't do it when they fought for the first time. And he didn't pull out SNI against Alcides even when hundreds of NPs from GoB were seemingly tanked without a scratch. This is an in-character fight so Gil wouldn't use SNI at least until the point the fight was interrupted in SF.
If he uses Merodach like he was going to and it doesn't work then he'd probably bust out SNI and when that happens it's curtains here

Plus in the LN he tried a sneak attack on Gil leading him to dismissing True Archer as a non-threat cause of his tactics but in this fight there is no build up like that and they'd start off with zero info and zero build up so passive SNI would tell Gil he's dealing with a real threat here so idk SNI most likely comes out after he uses Merodach and it doesn't work

Edit:How long has this match been on Grace??? Shouldn't it be fine to add to the Profiles???

Back