• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the Penance Stare work exactly? If it just causes pain it likely wont do much against Bog who...really gives zero ***** about pain

It burns the body, soul and mind of the victim until they become ashes, can work on spirits and even non-sinners.

Thats...not on his page at all. At least not for the Penance Stare, what you just described is his Hellfire.

Also i can recall quite a few instances where the Penance Stare didnt do anything like that.

It part of the PS, as sometimes it treat the soul and mind as one same thing.

It kinda varies, sometimes makes the victim suffer mental pain forever, in other occacions it burns all their being including their spirit, and sometimes GR eat their souls.

You know, Comic Writers Inconsistency (Also named CWI by I )

Okay, just did some reading up on the Penance Stare and...all the Penance Stare itself does is cause pain proportional to sin, the fire/soul destruction/soul consumption is just him using his other abilities in conjunction with the Penance Stare. That on top of GR not only needing to lock onto a pair of eyes to use the Penance Stare which alone will be a difficult feat considering Bog's tendency to continually shift from a formless liquid to a humanoid form (and even then he usually continually distorts his face) but the Penance Stare has a notably lesser effect on beings with more than two eyes, which will really bite GR in the ass here as Bog tends to keep a dozen or so copies of himself hidden around the battlefield at any given point, meaning not only can he constantly shift around so GR cant get a lock on him, but he'd have around 26 eyes at any given point, potentially 28 if he decides to transform. That coupled with Bog's mental instability and general disregard for pain means the Penance Stare on its own will likely not do much to Bog even if GR somehow manages to land it on him. And thats not even counting his teleportation and self destruction into acid vapor.

Would i be able to see the scan of GR being liquefied? And does his resurrection work on himself and is quick? Because if not Bog can kinda oneshots/OHKOs via being casually over three times stronger, having much better range and regen making him extremely difficult for GR to pin down let alone hit, and having more than enough ways to stay alive and avoid hits until he gets a chance to do so.

GRs ressurection is basically instant and works almost instantaneously.

But his regen I have no answer for.

He can still be KOed though yes?

Also i forget, does GR have actual biological parts to his body or is he just a skellington?

You know that GR doesnt really need to go with the PS to screw Bog soul right? Literally all his chains, firearms and main body is inbued with Hellfire, which means that Bog will get soul damage no matter what.

PS actual has shown to burn victims, such as humans and spirits. It works in characters that dont even feel regret or physical pain, and having multiple eyes doesnt protect you from the PS, that is false.

He can also fight multiple enemies at once by producing several chains around his body, he can also make a Hell-Nova, which are basically a wide hell fire explotion capable of covering a theme park.

In all that, I am going with GR, Bog get soul damaged with hellfire, he cant posses GR due to body made of hellfire, he cant overwhelme GR due to wide hell fire attacks, cant kill GR due regen and type 8.

Yes, and i covered why Hellfire wouldnt be of much use. Bog's battlefield mobility and multiple methods of just flat out ignoring attacks altogether would be extremely useful in avoiding hellfire attacks here.

Not onts own it hasnt, PS burning victims is GR using hellfire manip in conjunction with PS. Yes it works but it has consistently shown to be less effective. No actually its not, having multiple eyes has messed with the PS before.

Okay? He's not fighting multiple enemies, he's fighting one who spams body hopping to avoid attacks. Bog can avoid Hell Nova by hopping to the clones he keeps off the battlefield specifically to avoid avoid large AoE attacks or he can just teleport away.

Type 8 is auto restricted and he can still very easily knock him out due to being casually over 3x stronger

Type 8 isn't restricted unless it's higher dimensional, GR's comes from a 3-D being

Good luck trying to avoid several hundred of hellfire attacks that are going to spread for all over the place until there not one to hide or avoid, he can also trap him in a vortex of hell fire.

Yes it does, we see him burning his victims into ashes without producing hellfire. Your first scan contradicts the second, as one guy was complety unaffected by a direct PS while the other had his head already being burned from a couple of seconds.

GR can just constantly chase him with his motorcycle or teleport where he is, and the Hell Novas have enough AoE to cover more than the battlefield and erase any trace that Bog ever manage to have.

How do you KO someone who lacks a brain to fall unconscious?

I mean Bog is insanely stronger and has better regen, luck is unnecessary

Cool, Bog regens

And gets KOd

Dunno, probably by beating the crap out of them, which is common in fiction.

He already did so when Gildedguy decided to sword nuke an entire forest so Bog wouldnt have anywhere to hide. And again, he can literally just teleport out of range, hell he has feats of JUMPING that would let him avoid GR's attacks.

Bog can regenerate from being turned to ash or body hop to avoid it if he does get caught.

From what ive been told its out of character for GR to use telepotation in combat. And this is why Bog keeps clones AWAY from the battlefield. Though Bog can regen from being vaporized so...

You guys seems to ignore that GR can burn his soul and ignore his higher Dura with mere flames right? Unless you want to tell me that he has Mid-Godly Regenerationn and resistance to soul manipulation.

Beating the crap out him doenst seem useful, you either K.O or incapacitate, which none seems to be like an option for Bog.

Regen from vaporization would not matter if your soul gets erased in the process.

Just like to point out that Mami's win against GR was because she could knock him out since she had no way around the Type 8

@New Unless he kills Bog and all of his clones simultaneously, soul destroying flames wont do anything when Bog can just body hop out of its range and let a clone take the hit, can teleport to avoid the attack, or can literally just jump out of range seeing as he can casually jump past the cloud layer.

Bog's AP is high enough that he can KO fairly easily.

He'd have to destroy every last piece of Bog simultaneously in order to actually erase his soul as he can just transfer to a body outside of GR's range.

@Gargoyle Yes, ribbons to restrain him and KO as she couldnt bypass his type 8

I see no reason why Bog cant KO Ghost Rider here

Mami vs GR is an absolutely kek worthy thread and probaly shouldn't be used as actual "evidence" in another vs debate.

Also, I don't really remember Blaze being KOed by people around his level much, if at all. One of the only times I really distinctly remember him being directly knocked out was by World War Hulk, after which he got up immediately and was unrestricted.

So scans of the times this has happened would really help.

@Gar + You KO someone by beating the crap out of him, this is due brain trauma from multiple hits in the head, nonone of which are going to mean jack against GR.

@Weekly + Whenever the match is valid or not, its another disscusion.

Nothing of this really matter then, Bog can try all he wants to avoid GR, but he is not putting him down anytime soon, this would most likely comes down to Stamina, which GR outclass.

Actually, it isn't just brain trauma, passing out from sheer amount of pain is a thing, whether he can do that or not is the question.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
...Oh God did we really add a vs thread with the logic of "this other 7-A should be able to KO Ghost Rider" and treat it as legit? </div>
The only guy that said that was Gargoyle, SD's reasons were Incapacitation and the rest of votes were to FRAs.

Since when ribbons KO?

I'm legitimately confused. They can be used to incapacitate because power nullification + restrain the opponent + last more than a day. Which was the argument.

Unless Bog paralyze and power null people via punching or something it isn't the same thing.

Kaltias said:
I'm legitimately confused. They can be used to incapacitate because power nullification + restrain the opponent + last more than a day. Which was the argument.
I'm 100% certain that Blaze, even in character, isn't going to sit there for a day and not do anything about someone constantly trying to power null him, as much as he dislikes giving Zarathos an inch.

Especially when, even at his most basic, his powers have protected him from stuff just like this.

Newendigo said:
Okay, we are delaying the thread so lets back to the topic.
Does Bog have reliable incap via BFR or something?

Because otherwise he is looking at a stalemate at absolute best, since there's not really much he can do.

Incap? Doutbful, he tries to hold GR with possesion or something, it gets burned.

BFR? He doesn't have that.

Ghost Rider is getting a bunch more abilities added like mind control which I don't think Bog can resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back