• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Geralt of Rivia vs Travis Touchdown

Alright so Travis has IR, activates a huge speed amp the second he dodges, parries or gets excited.

That's true, and Travis does get hit often but it's a pretty damn big advantage. Also Travis stomped a person who could learn in a single day what most assassins, who're basically national-level gladiators, would need several years to learn, and who had specifically trained to fight him for two years, so he's no slouch in skill. He also has Low-Mid so he can take hits.

Geralt also has a form of IR. It's not anything very impressive though. Just waking up immediately when an attack is coming and parrying attacks in darkness.

Also Travis stomped a person who could learn in a single day what most assassins, who're basically national-level gladiators, would need several years to learn, and who had specifically trained to fight him for two years, so he's no slouch in skill.

Skill-stomped? Ok then, but I wouldn't really put it above Geralt's feats.

Travis can dodge SoL attacks coming from behind him despite thinking he was safe. IR in NMH can also make you fight while unconscious but it's not known if Travis can do that.

What are those feats? And yes, skill-stomped, he was going out of his way to be non-lethal as well, which he rarely does.

One weakness he does have is that after a lot of sword-clashing he will have to jerk off his lightsaber to recharge it, but I doubt that'll come in play. The second he gets a dodge, that's a win cause Dark Step, and if the fight starts to drag on, Travis also has Ecstasy Mode, which he can activate when he gets excited or does well in a battle, and that's a much longer and equally potent speed boost.

Actually, does Geralt's sword have any feats for resisting heat? Otherwise Travis might just cut through it when they clash.

Travis can dodge SoL attacks coming from behind him despite thinking he was safe. IR in NMH can also make you fight while unconscious but it's not known if Travis can do that.

Mentioning SoL isn't really necessary. It is impressive, but I still don't consider that unfuckwitable

What are those feats? And yes, skill-stomped, he was going out of his way to be non-lethal as well, which he rarely does.

Don't disrespect my 1 year work with friends on Geralt's profile like that
Most are under "intelligence" section on his profile.

Actually, does Geralt's sword have any feats for resisting heat? Otherwise Travis might just cut through it when they clash.

He does have Aerondight which literally charges with fire every time, and can block attacks from fire elementals.

One more thing, Geralt's AP is 6.8 tons, unknown if he upscales or downscales, while Travis upscales from 9.85 tons, so that's a decent AP advantage.

Mentioning SoL isn't really necessary. It is impressive, but I still don't consider that unfuckwitable
Neither do I, but it's pretty damn helpful when any dodge or parry is a win.
Don't disrespect my 1 year work with friends on Geralt's profile like that
Most are under "intelligence" section on his profile.
Might be missing something, but none of that feels THAT mindblowing. I mean, it's good, but Travis also stomps multiple trained and armed individuals at once with ease and he has fought an incredibly varied amount of trained assassins- and when I say varied, I mean "superheroes with lasers, ninjas, giant sci-fi tanks, undead, magicians, laser-spamming flying astronauts, cowboys, doctor octopus, giants, robots, giant robots, et cetera, et cetera".

And while Geralt has a unique style not only does Travis fight plenty of swordsmen each with their own style, but Geralt's style kinda reminds me of Henry's.
He does have Aerondight which literally charges with fire every time, and can block attacks from fire elementals.
Travis can easily cut through someone who can stand in an intense housefire and not even feel it while in a weakened form.

Might be missing something, but none of that feels THAT mindblowing. I mean, it's good, but Travis also stomps multiple trained and armed individuals at once with ease and he has fought an incredibly varied amount of trained assassins- and when I say varied, I mean "superheroes with lasers, ninjas, giant sci-fi tanks, undead, magicians, laser-spamming flying astronauts, cowboys, doctor octopus, giants, robots, giant robots, et cetera, et cetera".

I didn't say it's anything mindblowing anywhere, but Travis isn't mindblowing either. Geralt is really good, he fought literally hundreds to thousands of Wild Hunt members at once (Alongside Letho and his two lads), and he just called it a stalemate because there were too many. During Battle of Kaer Morhen we did see that Wild Hunt members aren't that weak either, so it's still something. The things that Geralt defeated aren't anything weak either. Weather manipulating Djinns, dozens of heavily armored elven soldiers at once, massive golems, huge dragons, immortal werewolves, flying higher vampires, quite big war overlords et cetera.

And while Geralt has a unique style not only does Travis fight plenty of swordsmen each with their own style, but Geralt's style kinda reminds me of Henry's.

Not really similar. Geralt is not only a swordsman. He also uses his signs, bombs, oils and other weaponry like crossbows. The moment he sees a supernatural powers, he'll start using them to gain advantage. Once again, everything I could gather is on his profile, so feel free to check out the "Standard Tactics" section.

You asked me if Geralt's sword has resistance to heat, not Geralt himself.

I didn't say it's anything mindblowing anywhere, but Travis isn't mindblowing either. Geralt is really good, he fought literally hundreds to thousands of Wild Hunt members at once (Alongside Letho and his two lads), and he just called it a stalemate because there were too many. During Battle of Kaer Morhen we did see that Wild Hunt members aren't that weak either, so it's still something. The things that Geralt defeated aren't anything weak either. Weather manipulating Djinns, dozens of heavily armored elven soldiers at once, massive golems, huge dragons, immortal werewolves, flying higher vampires, quite big war overlords et cetera.
Eh, look at the person he stomped again. She says "I could master in one day techniques it would take others years to do!", so if we assume just two years per day, that's the equivalent of 1500 years of obsessive training dedicates solely to defeating Travis, and keep in mind Travis' fights were televised so she totally knew what he fought like. And yet he defeated her super easily despite going out of his way not to scratch her with his weapon. This is assuming "years" means the lowest possible thing it could mean, it could be three times that for all we know.
Not really similar. Geralt is not only a swordsman. He also uses his signs, bombs, oils and other weaponry like crossbows. The moment he sees a supernatural powers, he'll start using them to gain advantage. Once again, everything I could gather is on his profile, so feel free to check out the "Standard Tactics" section.
Travis doesn't really do anything supernatural outside of Dark Step/Dark Side/Ecstasy Mode, which are basically wincons. He'd just seem like a really weird swordsman. Besides, he's fought against explosion and magic users.
You asked me if Geralt's sword has resistance to heat, not Geralt himself.
What I'm trying to say is, resistance to fire doesn't cut it against a beam katana. Besides, from what I understand from glancing at the wiki, that's one sword of many, and one that works better against monsters than humans.

Last edited:
Eh, look at the person he stomped again. She says "I could master in one day techniques it would take others years to do!", so if we assume just two years per day, that's the equivalent of 1500 years of obsessive training dedicates solely to defeating Travis, and keep in mind Travis' fights were televised so she totally knew what he fought like. And yet he defeated her super easily despite going out of his way not to scratch her with his weapon. This is assuming "years" means the lowest possible thing it could mean, it could be three times that for all we know.

That's okay, but it depends on how good these techniques are. It does not immediately mean they would be effective against someone like Geralt. And besides, Geralt is not far behind Vesemir, his master, who studied, trained and taught Witcher techniques for a couple of CENTURIES. These techniques are naturally impossible to humans anyway, because they require someone of a Witcher's agility, control and speed. Well, Geralt studies them for almost a century himself, every single day (Not only he utilizes them every day, but he stated that he always trains in spare time).
He also has high experience fighting against MUCH stronger enemies, like Vilgefortz and Dettlaff. He didn't kill Vilgefortz in the end by himself because he was THAT much stronger, but he did hold his own.

Besides, he's fought against explosion and magic users.

With the versatility of Geralt? His Witcher signs are pretty damn powerful. He can reflect and block attacks with Quen, kinda slow down time with Heliotrope, make omnidirectional telekinetic bursts with Aard, stun the mind with Axii, trap with Yrden... He also has mindhax bombs.

What I'm trying to say is, resistance to fire doesn't cut it against a beam katana. Besides, from what I understand from glancing at the wiki, that's one sword of many, and one that works better against monsters than humans.

Then the OP should specify what weapon Geralt has, probably. But if he notices his sword starting to melt, he'll resort to Quen to block his attacks, which will reflect the damage.

That's okay, but it depends on how good these techniques are. It does not immediately mean they would be effective against someone like Geralt. And besides, Geralt is not far behind Vesemir, his master, who studied, trained and taught Witcher techniques for a couple of CENTURIES. These techniques are naturally impossible to humans anyway, because they require someone of a Witcher's agility, control and speed. Well, Geralt studies them for almost a century himself, every single day (Not only he utilizes them every day, but he stated that he always trains in spare time).
He also has high experience fighting against MUCH stronger enemies, like Vilgefortz and Dettlaff. He didn't kill Vilgefortz in the end by himself because he was THAT much stronger, but he did hold his own.
Travis himself doesn't have those techniques, but he is directly and incredibly superior to a very very gifted fighter who prepared those techniques specifically for killing him. Centuries are obviously less than millennia, and a martial art requiring superhuman statistics is kinda moot when Travis is comparable to Geralt.
With the versatility of Geralt? His Witcher signs are pretty damn powerful. He can reflect and block attacks with Quen, kinda slow down time with Heliotrope, make omnidirectional telekinetic bursts with Aard, stun the mind with Axii, trap with Yrden... He also has mindhax bombs.
Eh, just saying he's not new to anything here, and as a reminder the people he fights are all top-level assassins, maybe not quite the same as him in skill but definitely comparable.
Then the OP should specify what weapon Geralt has, probably. But if he notices his sword starting to melt, he'll resort to Quen to block his attacks, which will reflect the damage.
Even weaker Beam Katanas can easily melt and cut their way through large amounts of steel with a single slash, I don't think the melting will be a gradual process, I think the second Geralt attempts to block a blow Travis will cut through it and him in a single swipe.

Last edited:
Best weapons available to him.
Every weapon Geralt has have unique abilities so it's hard to judge which one is the best, the shovel is probably the haxxiest

Travis himself doesn't have those techniques, but he is directly and incredibly superior to a very very gifted fighter who prepared those techniques specifically for killing him. Centuries are obviously less than millennia

"Millennia"? Where did you mention millennia before? And Geralt did defeat people that have probably over 400 years of experience and had many advantages over him, like flight, strength, agility and teleportation. I mean Higher Vampires mainly.

, and a martial art requiring superhuman statistics is kinda moot when Travis is comparable to Geralt.

I don't know if he has same level of body control and senses.

Eh, just saying he's not new to anything here, and as a reminder the people he fights are all top-level assassins, maybe not quite the same as him in skill but definitely comparable.

You can show me what he has dealt with from what I mentioned here. Because fighting something is one thing, but succeeding is another. If they are exactly the same as Geralt's abilities and Travis is able to proficiently dodge these attacks from point blank range, I can accept that point.

Even weaker Beam Katanas can easily melt and cut their way through large amounts of steel with a single slash, I don't think the melting will be a gradual process, I think the second Geralt attempts to block a blow Travis will cut through it and him in a single swipe.

To be honest, Geralt isn't stupid. With his senses (and the fact that a glowing sword is obviously suspicious), I'm pretty sure he'll avoid it. He's more of a dodging person anyway. Blocking it with Quen is a safe option.

"Millennia"? Where did you mention millennia before? And Geralt did defeat people that have probably over 400 years of experience and had many advantages over him, like flight, strength, agility and teleportation. I mean Higher Vampires mainly.
The whole thing about Kimmy's training being equal to about a few thousands of years of obsessive prep?
I don't know if he has same level of body control and senses.
Not really for senses, but his level of skill kinda implies superhuman dexterity.
You can show me what he has dealt with from what I mentioned here. Because fighting something is one thing, but succeeding is another. If they are exactly the same as Geralt's abilities and Travis is able to proficiently dodge these attacks from point blank range, I can accept that point.
Well, as for explosives and general "having to dodge a lot of shit", there's Holly Summers, who shoots dozens of homing rockets at once on a beach that she's filled with covered pits, and also throws grenades with their explosion delayed specifically to trick people into running into them. As for "stunning the mind", he's faced Chloe Walsh, who passively paralyzes anyone within 10

Aard doesn't seem that useful. Travis can stick the landing and immediately get back on his feet, it's a game mechanic in NMH1.

As for Axii, "The effect can wear off over time or be broken via damage from the casting witcher", which gives Travis a possibility of surviving via regen and getting back into the fight. Wiki also says he's not a fan of it and though I'm sure he'll rapidly change his mind, Travis has an autowin button at about 20/30 seconds in.

There's also a chance Geralt might try Somne instead, which gets him cut up since Travis is immune to it, or Igni, which is also resisted though Travis isn't fully immune to it.
To be honest, Geralt isn't stupid. With his senses (and the fact that a glowing sword is obviously suspicious), I'm pretty sure he'll avoid it. He's more of a dodging person anyway. Blocking it with Quen is a safe option.
In the end it's still a huge advantage Travis has even if Geralt works to compensate for it. Is Quen visible? Travis plays a hell of a lot of videogames and he's faced people with forcefields before, he'd know to wait it out. Also, the VSBW page says "Geralt uses it mainly to protect himself from attacks that cover great range/omnidirectional attacks and is not necessarily using it in direct close quarter combat."

As a reminder, if Travis' Instinctive Reaction gives him ONE dodge in melee combat, he gets a huge speed amp and chops Geralt into pieces. If he manages to parry a blow from Geralt, he also gets that speed boost. If his ecstasy gauge reaches its limit, which will take about 30 seconds at most, probably closer to 20, he gets an even bigger speed amp.

To win, Geralt has to not attack with his sword at all as that would lead to Travis likely dodging or blocking- even if he expects someone of comparable skill, Geralt doesn't know about the IR, and has to pull out one of his wins in less than a half minute.

The whole thing about Kimmy's training being equal to about a few thousands of years of obsessive prep?

Sorry, I didn't remember about that.
I could bring out Geralt outskilling people with literally every possible advantage in terms of powers like before, which totally is a skill feat, but I'm totally not in the mood to discuss skill. IMHO they are comparable here, because I can't see Travis' feats being superior. His trump card is that super duper experience statement vs Geralt's shown feats, so should be enough. Unless you want to drag it.

Well, as for explosives and general "having to dodge a lot of shit", there's Holly Summers, who shoots dozens of homing rockets at once on a beach that she's filled with covered pits, and also throws grenades with their explosion delayed specifically to trick people into running into them.
But he's a close range fighter right? Did he dodge all those attacks from close range?
Aard doesn't seem that useful. Travis can stick the landing and immediately get back on his feet, it's a game mechanic in NMH1.
Yeah, but every time he dodges it, he'll get out of Geralt's range, He will lack the options to hit him. He will still need to get in Geralt's range to attack him, and he will get eventually hit by Aard if he does constantly keep entering that range. Any ranged attack can be blocked with Quen.
As for "stunning the mind", he's faced Chloe Walsh, who passively paralyzes anyone within 10
About stunning the mind, it's mind manipulation, not paralysis inducement.
As for Axii, "The effect can wear off over time or be broken via damage from the casting witcher", which gives Travis a possibility of surviving via regen and getting back into the fight. Wiki also says he's not a fan of it and though I'm sure he'll rapidly change his mind, Travis has an autowin button at about 20/30 seconds in.
If Geralt decides to use Axii, Travis will already have his head lying under his feet, because he prefers to go for the head.
There's also a chance Geralt might try Somne instead, which gets him cut up since Travis is immune to it, or Igni, which is also resisted though Travis isn't fully immune to it.
He used Somne only once in the entire series so I doubt it would be a better choice than a quick Axii.
In the end it's still a huge advantage Travis has even if Geralt works to compensate for it. Is Quen visible? Travis plays a hell of a lot of videogames and he's faced people with forcefields before, he'd know to wait it out. Also, the VSBW page says "Geralt uses it mainly to protect himself from attacks that cover great range/omnidirectional attacks and is not necessarily using it in direct close quarter combat."
It is visible. He doesn't have to wait it out, Geralt can cast it and turn it off whenever he wants to. Yes, it says Geralt mainly protects himself from ranged attacks, though in face of a glowing hot blade I doubt he will be a dumbass not to use it, if he can't dodge. That would mean him trying to tank it and he's not that dumb.
As a reminder, if Travis' Instinctive Reaction gives him ONE dodge in melee combat, he gets a huge speed amp and chops Geralt into pieces. If he manages to parry a blow from Geralt, he also gets that speed boost. If his ecstasy gauge reaches its limit, which will take about 30 seconds at most, probably closer to 20, he gets an even bigger speed amp.
To win, Geralt has to not attack with his sword at all as that would lead to Travis likely dodging or blocking- even if he expects someone of comparable skill, Geralt doesn't know about the IR, and has to pull out one of his wins in less than a half minute.
Geralt should be able to sense the sword being made out of plasma or whatever it's made of, would he really resort to sword fighting?
If this speed amp is some multiplier type shit, I really doubt Geralt can do anything against it, unless he can cast Quen in time.

Sorry, I didn't remember about that.
I could bring out Geralt outskilling people with literally every possible advantage in terms of powers like before, which totally is a skill feat, but I'm totally not in the mood to discuss skill. IMHO they are comparable here, because I can't see Travis' feats being superior. His trump card is that super duper experience statement vs Geralt's shown feats, so should be enough. Unless you want to drag it.
Skill is cringe so I can respect that. I will say however that Travis does have plenty of showings, such as learning wrestling moves from reading a magazine once, or getting all his sword skill from cassette tapes and then beating the daughter and pupil of the one who made those cassettes, but I'm fine with them being considered equal.
But he's a close range fighter right? Did he dodge all those attacks from close range?
Yeah, though her strategy is to run away at all times so it was kind of a mixture.
Yeah, but every time he dodges it, he'll get out of Geralt's range, He will lack the options to hit him. He will still need to get in Geralt's range to attack him, and he will get eventually hit by Aard if he does constantly keep entering that range. Any ranged attack can be blocked with Quen.
Travis doesn't have anything ranged in this key. But dragging the fight out is a big mistake for Geralt cause Ecstasy Mode, and because he can "only use a small number of signs consecutively before needing to recharge"
About stunning the mind, it's mind manipulation, not paralysis inducement.
Oh I know, but he can deal with paralysis is what I mean, unless it just freezes him completely.
If Geralt decides to use Axii, Travis will already have his head lying under his feet, because he prefers to go for the head.
Fair enough
He used Somne only once in the entire series so I doubt it would be a better choice than a quick Axii.
Eh, aight.
It is visible. He doesn't have to wait it out, Geralt can cast it and turn it off whenever he wants to. Yes, it says Geralt mainly protects himself from ranged attacks, though in face of a glowing hot blade I doubt he will be a dumbass not to use it, if he can't dodge. That would mean him trying to tank it and he's not that dumb.

Geralt should be able to sense the sword being made out of plasma or whatever it's made of, would he really resort to sword fighting?
I dunno, you tell me. It has a metallic part to it, so he could consider striking that, or maybe he'd consider the sword to be equal to a fire elemental's attacks. His profile does say he prefers melee against swordfighters. And again, Travis needs one attack only.
If this speed amp is some multiplier type shit, I really doubt Geralt can do anything against it, unless he can cast Quen in time.
It happens instantly and from the player's perspective, both slows down enemies to a crawl and makes Travis move at crazy speed, definitely blitz material. Travis immediately starts slashing as fast as he can when it activates so he cannot really react to it and activate Quen afterwards. If Quen is active then Travis has to wait it out but again, he knows a forcefield when he sees one, he wouldn't use it.

Overall I don't necessarily disagree Geralt would rapidly figure out a strategy to beat Travis but he needs to do that in seconds, without any mistake. If I had to put a finger on it it seems like an incon to me, but I'm fine with continuing the debate.

Also please don't waste your sleep hours on arguing over which fictional man beats the other fictional man

Travis doesn't have anything ranged in this key. But dragging the fight out is a big mistake for Geralt cause Ecstasy Mode, and because he can "only use a small number of signs consecutively before needing to recharge"

The recharge lasts around 3 seconds. I don't think it's a big problem

Oh I know, but he can deal with paralysis is what I mean, unless it just freezes him completely.

Nah I mean, it's like shutting off the mind of opponent for some time. That's why paralysis occurs. It has potency of 5 people, but idk if Travis has some resistance in the first place

I dunno, you tell me. It has a metallic part to it, so he could consider striking that, or maybe he'd consider the sword to be equal to a fire elemental's attacks. His profile does say he prefers melee against swordfighters. And again, Travis needs one attack only.

The metallic part is behind the energy beam, nah? About a fire elemental's attack, they are mostly made out of stone and are weak to silver so it's not really the same thing. I'd say with Geralt's enhanced smell, vision and hearing he can deduce what the sword is made of. After all steel vs a hot substance is not combination.

It happens instantly and from the player's perspective, both slows down enemies to a crawl and makes Travis move at crazy speed, definitely blitz material. Travis immediately starts slashing as fast as he can when it activates so he cannot really react to it and activate Quen afterwards. If Quen is active then Travis has to wait it out but again, he knows a forcefield when he sees one, he wouldn't use it.

Hmmm, idk if Geralt would go for Heliotrope in a fight, but he's an adapting type so there's a chance he could use it. But if he's that fast in it - aight then.

Also please don't waste your sleep hours on arguing over which fictional man beats the other fictional man

Yeah I'm a dumbass

The recharge lasts around 3 seconds. I don't think it's a big problem
Fair, though every second matters in this fight.
Nah I mean, it's like shutting off the mind of opponent for some time. That's why paralysis occurs. It has potency of 5 people, but idk if Travis has some resistance in the first place
He does not, not yet at least, I kinda have some plans but those have to wait for me to finish another game in the same world, but even then it'd apply to his 8-B key.
The metallic part is behind the energy beam, nah? About a fire elemental's attack, they are mostly made out of stone and are weak to silver so it's not really the same thing. I'd say with Geralt's enhanced smell, vision and hearing he can deduce what the sword is made of. After all steel vs a hot substance is not combination.
It's behind it, yeah. But I wasn't saying Geralt would mistake him for a fire elemental, I was saying he'd assume a sword that can hurt them without melting can parry his blade. Ain't unreasonable.
Hmmm, idk if Geralt would go for Heliotrope in a fight, but he's an adapting type so there's a chance he could use it. But if he's that fast in it - aight then.
Issue is, he probably wouldn't be THAT impressed by Travis, all he'd see is someone with skill and speed comparable to his and a weird weapon. That's before Travis pulls out a speed amp, of course.

Ok so what I’m seeing so far is that in terms of skill their pretty even, but Travis has an AP advantage and speed amps while Geralt has abilities for days.

Hm this is actually really close match up.

Hmm Geralt's signs are, some of which can directly counter some of the ways Travis could get to Geralt. Deciding factor would probably be Heliotrope for me which Geralt is probably more likely to get off than not when Travis starts getting too fast to track.

Nah, when Travis gets his speed amp he's usually in melee range and immediately begins to attack, Geralt wouldn't be able to react to it.

That's a bit presumptuous to say, since you also said he'd back off whenever Geralt uses Quen, I think there's plenty ample opportunity for Geralt to realize that he can't rely on his other abilities. and be forced to use Heliotrope at some point. My vote still stands.

Uh, what? It's literally too fast for anyone who was previously equal in speed to react to it, and I've already said Travis sees Quen activated he literally won't use his amp.

Also, looking at Heliotrope, it just wouldn't be enough. From the player's perspective, it slows down enemies while Geralt moves at normal speed, while Dark Step almost freezes them and makes Travis move a bit faster. Ecstasy Mode is even better cause Travis moves way faster in it too.

Yeah, it would be. And Travis is the faster one, so that's allowed.

Only when speed is equalized, if it's coming from the slower character getting a speed amp.

Anyway, I should also note that Travis has multiple Beam Katanas- two are mostly normal, but one is actually two blades, one per hand, and one grows longer and longer the more he gets excited (ha). The one made of two blades I think would give him somewhat of an advantage since that's twice as much stuff Geralt needs to dodge, and he tends to do large fast swipes with it, which would be harder to dodge than they'd be to parry.

Hmm after thinking and looking at both profiles for a bit I probably go with Travis more often than not.

I don’t know the AP advantage along side his beam blade and darkstep I feel like more often than not Travis just slashes Geralt before he starts using his signs

So I’ll vote for Travis

Back