• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Geralt's High 8-C is 6.65 tons

Godzilla's 8-B is 13 tons

Difference: ~ 2 times, not enough to one shot.

Godzilla has a 7-C attack, but Geralt has Quen.

But Geralt can't damage him with normal blows. Geralt wincon is to reflect 50% of the 7-C attack back to Gojira

That's not going to work out as Shin can regenerate extensive damage to his spine in a matter of seconds and if he notices that attacking Geralt hurts him, he'll stop and evolve or periodically shoot him with enough time between each blast to regenerate any damage inflicted to the big guy.

Radiation is more likely to kill Geralt

Gojii-san said:
That's not going to work out as Shin can regenerate extensive damage to his spine in a matter of seconds and if he notices that attacking Geralt hurts him, he'll stop and evolve or periodically shoot him with enough time between each blast to regenerate any damage inflicted to the big guy.
I don't think that would work, shin might try to shoot with his heat ray but he doesn't even have half of the durability to tank it meaning the reflection of the damage might kill shin instantly and i don't think he can even regenerate after his energy on his heat ray

I don't think radition will kill geralt unless the fight goes on for weeks

ThaTSayMarine said:
Gojii-san said:
I don't think that would work, shin might try to shoot with his heat ray but he doesn't even have half of the durability to tank it meaning the reflection of the damage might kill shin instantly and i don't think he can even regenerate after his energy on his heat ray
If it actually reflects the beam (as in the beam goes back), then he can easily survive getting his head burned through or losing it entirely. A short burst isn't going to do much to his energy reserves either. If the enemy just takes damage regardless of what kind of attack they use, then yeah, things go bad. Really not sure why Shin can't take the heat that actively goes through his throat that is explicitly squeezed to greatly minimize the opening for the beam to pass through, but that's for another day.

That's a lot of radiation involved here.

This

Just to be sure, how exactly does Quen reflection work?

For example, if you threw a rock at him, would the rock bounce back to hit you or would you simply take half the damage that rock would deal to Geralt through magic/hax even if the rock is nowhere near you? The gif shows it working on an enemy using melee attacks, but not anything like magic spells or arrows.

If the former, then it's pretty much useless here in terms of offense as Shin has no vital parts to hit with his own beam. If the latter, then yeah, this is a stomp.

...Then you made an obvious stomp thread and you wrote down why exactly it's a stomp on the first/third post (not counting OP)

I do have to say that with the way things are at the moment, you really can't avoid a stomp thread with Shin's 4th form since his AP greatly exceeds his durability. Either the enemy with 7-C AP one-shots him or he one-shots a 8-B enemy instead. If hax are involved, then Shin lacks them entirely and you still have a problem.

Gojii-san said:
Just to be sure, how exactly does Quen reflection work?
For example, if you threw a rock at him, would the rock bounce back to hit you or would you simply take half the damage that rock would deal to Geralt through magic/hax even if the rock is nowhere near you? The gif shows it working on an enemy using melee attacks, but not anything like magic spells or arrows.

If the former, then it's pretty much useless here in terms of offense as Shin has no vital parts to hit with his own beam. If the latter, then yeah, this is a stomp.
It's the former, but the rock would hit you back with 50% of its original energy.

Also the Dome Quen can actively block magic attacks, arrows and even lightning bolts so that's not a problem.

I'm getting conflicting information here

If it really is the former, then Shin just needs to wait for radiation to do its job even if it takes weeks. Neither party is dying until then.

Back