• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genie (Disney), Jafar (Disney), and Chaos (Disney) Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genie's Imprisoned AP seems to come from Size Changing which isn't allowed for regular physical tiering and scaling to a some goblin who turned into some seemingly very small stars via some kind of power with his Freed key's AP coming from a lifting strength feat and possession/reality warping

Striking Strength comes from Hax seemingly as well with his durability seemingly being in the wrong key

Chaos's Speed has no source

I have no clue what the replacement stats should be

Parallel Downgrade Thread

Last edited:
This looks reasonable, and I agree Chaos doesn't seem to have a reason to be omnipresent

Seems fine.

Why is Freed Genie weaker than Imprisoned Genie? Isn't that usually the other way around? It's been a while since I saw Aladdin, but I don't remember it ever being stated he got any weaker.

Aside from being imprisoned is where he has all those wish granting powers, I don't know what else. But I haven't seen much of the Aladdin verse aside from the first movie.

I have the whole trilogy.

But it's been years, I guess you can just scale his imprisoned form as >= his freed form, but he should probably have the statements saying he got weaker on the profile.

I remember that it was stated outright in the local translation of the Aladdin TV show that the freed Genie only had "half-phenomenal almost cosmic powers" instead of "phenomenal cosmic powers" as originally defined, in the context that he had grown much weaker.

Anyway, why should growing as large as a solar system (for example) not scale to attack potency?

Well, if he grew that large, his striking strength should likely be comparable, but I only remember Jafar having that kind of feat.

Does anybody who watched the original English version of the Aladdin TV series remember if it included a comparison of Genie's power before and after he was freed?

Well, I remember that Jafar grew to some degree of cosmic size near the end of the original movie, but not whether he was larger than stars or just planets. I would appreciate if somebody could find a screenshot.

We use that for calculating the energy required to create/destroy a planet; we use GPE for large sized characters according to DontTalkDT.

We preferably need somebody to check the final scenes of the first movie for us to know the scale of Jafar's power.

Thank you very much.

Going by that scene, what is circling around Jafar seems undefined. It looks similar to stars, yes, but could just be small comets as well.

It seems like we have no good limit to scale him and Genie from then, or at least not based on that particular growth feat.

Thank you very much.

Going by that scene, what is circling around Jafar seems undefined. It looks similar to stars, yes, but could just be small comets as well.

It seems like we have no good limit to scale him and Genie from then, or at least not based on that particular growth feat.
It looks like it's just the night sky on the background, and he didn't actually grow to such large sizes.

We use that for calculating the energy required to create/destroy a planet; we use GPE for large sized characters according to DontTalkDT.
Actually inverse square law is used according to Ugarik and myself.

And it comes back to which fictional characters fit under which model better in each context.

I can daresay many fictional works portray giants as suit actors behind miniature city backgrounds (if no better feats are overriding).

But this is another topic for discussion. We need scans or clips to check if the statement of "a freed genie is less powerful than an imprisoned genie" is true or... even exists.

Well, Genie definitely said the "half-phenomenal almost cosmic powers" phrase after he had been freed in the Swedish translation, but I do not know if that was stated in the original English.

Perhaps somebody could check for a respect thread for Genie or Jafar, which details the scale of their power?

I mean, If Jafar could become 4-B with Size manipulation, his tier can be Unknown, 4-B with Size Manipulation (Like with Four)
Unknown isn't really necessary. Genie was called more powerful than Jafar even when he had become the most powerful sorcerer in the world. Jafar didn't deny it either, and that's why he even wished to become a Genie so he could have more power. I think they could get 7-B minimum if more feats aren't found for them. I've watched the trilogy only but not the animated series, so I'm not sure if they have something there that might make them stronger or not.

Tier 8 - Low end tier 7 looks kinda consistent, you should ask a calc member to calc some feats
Plz look at what's been said above. It gives reference to new tiering for the minimum.
Unknown isn't really necessary. Genie was called more powerful than Jafar even when he had become the most powerful sorcerer in the world. Jafar didn't deny it either, and that's why he even wished to become a Genie so he could have more power. I think they could get 7-B minimum if more feats aren't found for them. I've watched the trilogy only but not the animated series, so I'm not sure if they have something there that might make them stronger or not.

Well, Genie grew larger than Agrabah to lift it at least, and I think there was a song or joke scene in which he grew to planetary size.

Last edited:
Does anybody recall the episode in which Genie dated Eden? I think that they both grew to at least moon-size there, but may misremember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back