• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Otsutsuki (and Kawaki/Boruto) ability additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post in a long time, I am a bit more free than usual now so I would start with a "small" post.

I believe Otsutsuki should get limited Existence Erasure with Karma:

HIQpeOC.png

Previously they were only given possession with that. However possession on its own, has nothing to do with changing the very body of its target rather just taking it over as its stays the same. As we know with Karma you dont just take control of the target's body in anyway you completely overwrite it to become your own original body. Using the definition of Existence Erasure on the wiki: "Existence Erasure is the simple power to remove something from existence, leaving nothing behind, a level of destruction beyond incineration, vaporization, and atomization. Rather than just reducing something to its constituent parts, this ability leaves absolutely nothing behind."

Literally what Karma does and this also includes the soul of the vessel as it is overwritten by the chakra of the Otsutsuki. And based on the description of Karma the very existence of the target is overwritten, this is said 3 times. And also shown as Jigen gets completely overwritten by Isshiki as well as the very image showing Boruto becoming Momoshiki. I would have just taken this as transmutation if not for all the existence overwriting and being snuffed out statements as well as the fact that it changes the target's chakra and soul. Oh also Isshiki should have the possession and EE moved to his first key as he can use it in that form, not just as Isshiki:
j3X9u9P.png

Further evidence:

5FpbSTP.png

This should also be given to the Karma keys by Boruto and Kawaki although they are both unlikely to use it. Welll at least Boruto in particular, Kawaki is likely a different story.

I believe this is also a form of information manipulation as it is literally overwriting the target's body and soul. We simply have it as data manipulation atm:

2LPz3hr.png

But this is just further evidence of information manipulation as they change the target's very information and erase their body and soul while replacing it with their's. Its main weakness is that it is slow.

Next one should actually be simple.

Resistance to ESP:

Basically stated that it is something all Otsutsuki can do by nulling their chakra signature:

j9kMtfR.png

This is consistent with isshiki not being able to be sensed by Naruto when small and also people like Kaguya being able to sneak past all of Naruto's senses as well in Shippuden. Kawaki should get this as well as he is the one that did it via being part Otsutsuki, Boruto should get it as well for being part Otsutsuki just like Kawaki. While he has not used it yet it is likely because he wants to be found and tracked by others in the village to help Kawaki.

Finally I believe that the weakness of Ada's allure ability should actually be resistance for Otsutsuki. Simply put her ability has 0 relation to Otsutsuki. Otsutsuki are simply powerful aliens it makes no sense that her ability to charm targets passively as some kind of weakness to a random alien race. It even works on cyborgs like Code. The only weakness should be blood relatives as that actually makes some sense. Not to mention that Otsutsuki and blood relatives are something unique to Boruto not exactly much of a weakness. Simply put Otsutsuki should get resistanc to Empathetic manipulation:
8oVQ2ey.png

Again this includes Boruto and Kawaki:

uGyv5Zu.png

TLDR:

Otsutsuki should get:

EE and information manipulation via Karma, resistance to ESP via nulling their chakra and also resistance to Empathetic manipulation.

I agree with the Resistances, but I'm neutral on the Limited EE.
I can definitely see it, but I can also see it being a simple byproduct of the vessel literally becoming the Ōtsutsuki in a biological sense.
Personally I think Information Manipulation and Biological Manipulation are the most fitting for the ability, but I'm not entirely opposed to the EE interpretation as I've said.
Also, they shouldn't lose the Possession because they can still take over their hosts while in the incomplete stages of Karma.

I can definitely see it, but I can also see it being a simple byproduct of the vessel literally becoming the Ōtsutsuki in a biological sense.
Personally I think Information Manipulation and Biological Manipulation are the most fitting for the ability, but I'm not entirely opposed to the EE interpretation as I've said.
Also, they shouldn't lose the Possession because they can still take over their hosts while in the incomplete stages of Karma.
Yeah they arent losing the possession we see Momoshiki possess Boruto multiple times after all.

Also the thing about EE is that they dont just become otsustsuki biologically, down to the very personality and even the soul is overwritten.

Ok well #1 welcome back to the site Rocker. That's the first thing.

I disagree with the EE and I feel like Physical Corruption would be better. But that's just me.

With the ESP resistance, personally I'm not sure that's resistance, because resistance is having an aura that can't be sensed.
This works better with Aura Suppression, where you're willfully suppressing your aura.

Empathic Manip resistance makes sense. I agree with that.

Ok well #1 welcome back to the site Rocker. That's the first thing.

I disagree with the EE and I feel like Physical Corruption would be better. But that's just me.

With the ESP resistance, personally I'm not sure that's resistance, because resistance is having an aura that can't be sensed.
This works better with Aura Suppression, where you're willfully suppressing your aura.

Empathic Manip resistance makes sense. I agree with that.
Thanks.

It affects the soul as well, but considering it has been stated multiple times to rewrite the person's existence/as well as statements about the original person disappearing, that being said corruption also works.

Not quite, sage mode can simply sense people it doesn't have to be their chakra, but Naruto had to lock on to Boruto and not Kawaki as he couldnt be sensed at all. That being said aura suppression also works.

Also, what about information manipulation? It was somewhat hidden on accident but it is related to how they rewrite their targets as an expansion on their data manip.

This ^

Disagree with soul and body EE it's just the otusuki taking over someones vai extracting their DNA into them. It's more like transformation hax.

I think most of this looks fine, except for EE. I think absorption or corruption would make more sense, because they're essentially assimilating their host into themselves

NGL I am still with the EE but I guess I can see it being corruption and info hax, so a combo of what uchihaslayer and tempest said.

This might add some clarification on the ability.

“The existence of the “vessel” shall be terminated. They will have been overwritten with the genes and chakra of the Otsutsuki.”

Yeah, basically says the same thing. Well I guess unless more is said about it I would change it to corruption. Is everyone fine with that?

Is there anything else I need or am I free to make the changes. EE would be changed to corruption and I see the rest are free to go, aura suppression can also be added.

Changing EE to corruption is fine.

Aura suppression can be added.

I'd rather make the general Resistance to ESP a "likely resistance" for other Otsutsuki members because I'm not fully convinced about it being an inherent reaction of theirs but fine with it being partially added.

Upon further thinking Damage I believe that the ESP resistance should not be just likely for other otsutsuki, it is an absolute statement by Ada that they have it (even Kaguya manages to sneak up on naruto and sasuke) and Ada is a person that knows pretty much everything due to her clairvoyance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back