• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou vs Universal energy systems

Yes, we’re gonna have to talk about this (and eventually make a crt or discussion rule)
Chakra, Ki, Hamon, And Freddy Fazbear’s strongest jumpscares
Garou’s ability to copy universal energy systems are something that need to be addressed so here’s a place to discuss it

My personal opinion on it...

Garou could copy Ki.

Garou could not copy chakra.

Garou could absorb natural energy, but he cannot use Sage Mode.

Garou could copy Hamon.

Garou could create his own Stand but not copy an existing one.

Garou could copy the Spin.

Garou could copy some Spiritual Energy abilities but not all.

Garou could copy Nen.

Garou could not copy Appetite Energy.

Garou could copy Hokuto Shin Ken.

Garou could copy alchemy.

Garou could copy Breathing Style-based swordsmanship.

Garou could copy ignition abilities.

Garou could copy Ether Gear.

Garou could not copy investiture abilities.

Garou could mimic Warrior Entity's shards but not copy them exactly.

Garou could not copy Devil Fruits.

Garou could develop his own Haki but not copy it exactly.

Bonus points if you know what each of these are from.

Garou could copy Ki.

Garou could copy Hamon.

Garou could copy Nen.

Garou could mimic Scion's shards but not copy them exactly.

dragon ball/dragon ball z
naruto/naruto shipuden
jojos bizzarre adventure
bleach
Hunter X Hunter
full metal alchemist
one piece
some i don't know

Garou can't copy pokemon moves cause they all are things made from the plates of Arceus which were made from at least 4D entities that got their bottom's kicked by Arceus

Garou can't copy pokemon moves cause they all are things made from the plates of Arceus which were made from at least 4D entities that got their bottom's kicked by Arceus
garou:i can control all forces of the universe,even time and causality(that's not make sense,but ok)

Garou could copy Ki.

Garou could copy Hamon.

Garou could copy Nen.

Garou could mimic Warrior Entity's shards but not copy them exactly.

Why can't Garou copy chakra?

Also, thanks for the bonus points.

heck, even if he could control some of the powers he wouldn't control everything since pokemon has many things not present in OPM

heck, even if he could control some of the powers he wouldn't control everything since pokemon has many things not present in OPM

you know that one of the things not present in OPM is literally hyperspace gates, those things come from another universe/dimension. and garou was still able to imitate them better than his user

Why can't Garou copy chakra?

Also, thanks for the bonus points.
Actually, I'm a bit neutral on that now.

Manipulating chakra seems to be something you either inherit, you get from eating a chakra fruit, or it gets gifted to you (via Hagoromo).

So Garou, with no natural chakra network, copying chakra is something I'm neutral on but leaning against.

To avoid a NLF in my view:
  • The energy that Garou copies must be a "natural" phenomenon. Artificial power or something tied to unnatural means are likely beyond what he can do
  • Just because Garou can copy something doesn't mean he has the skill to use what he copies instantly. This is especially important for things that require complex alteration or control over the energy to use
  • Garou hasn't shown the ability to directly change his biology outside of evolution. So I believe that he likely couldn't alter his biology to copy or process an energy aspect
Or to use some examples
  • Garou would be able to copy something like DB Ki, a natural element everything in the universe has but not a Devil Fruit, a weird unnatural object that doesn't rely on some universal power system. To use a comic example I think he could likely channel something like the Power Cosmic but not the Green Door the Hulk has access to
  • Garou might be able to copy something like Haki or Reiatsu but using certain techniques would require him to directly copy someone else or see it happen. To use a comic example, he may be able to mimic Doctor Strange or Zantana's magical energy but he would need to know how to manipulate those energies to use spells
  • For the last example I would doubt if Garou could mimic the chakra organ system needed to process the energy or form a quirk to alter his biology. To use a comic example I don't think he'd be able to alter his biology to that of a Kryptonian to copy yellow sunlight absorption
So in my view he could copy something like Nature Energy from Naruto, but the chakra network and stuff related to that is probably outside of his ability.

Actually, I'm a bit neutral on that now.

Manipulating chakra seems to be something you either inherit, you get from eating a chakra fruit, or it gets gifted to you (via Hagoromo).

So Garou, with no natural chakra network, copying chakra is something I'm neutral on but leaning against.

there is a problem in that, when you realize that garou can copy techniques that come from another universe/dimension

To avoid a NLF in my view:
  • The energy that Garou copies must be a "natural" phenomenon. Artificial power or something tied to unnatural means are likely beyond what he can do
  • Just because Garou can copy something doesn't mean he has the skill to use what he copies instantly. This is especially important for things that require complex alteration or control over the energy to use
  • Garou hasn't shown the ability to directly change his biology outside of evolution. So I believe that he likely couldn't alter his biology to copy or process an energy aspect
Or to use some examples
  • Garou would be able to copy something like DB Ki, a natural element everything in the universe has but not a Devil Fruit, a weird unnatural object that doesn't rely on some universal power system
  • Garou might be able to copy something like Haki or Reiatsu but using certain techniques would require him to directly copy someone else or see it happen
  • For the last example I would doubt if Garou could mimic the chakra organ system needed to process the energy or to use a comic example: turn his biology to that of a Kryptonian to copy yellow sunlight absorption
So in my view he could copy something like Nature Energy from Naruto, but the chakra network and stuff related to that is probably outside of his ability.
seems logical,except if you notice that garou cosmic fear mode is more powerful in everything that his previos versions,and even monster garou can learn how to use energy and projected in his attacks,and creating his own attacks(like fa jin)So, even without having any Haki techniques, Garou would still be able to create his own techniques.
and the difference between monster garou and cosmic fear mode garou,is that,the last one knows everything and his able to copy and surpass instantly the power of the enemie,to the point that can copy and surpass the power of normal nuclear fission,cosmic radiation and gamma ray burst,and even serios punch(except if saitama can just simply evolves and surpass him)

if you notice that garou cosmic fear mode is more powerful in everything that his previos versions
Cosmic Fear Mode is the only mode where he has cosmic awareness and the ability to copy ways to manipulate energy systems.
creating his own attacks(like fa jin)
Fa Jin are all expanded shockwave attacks, not energy manipulation like the Gamma Ray Burst, Gravity Knuckles or the Nuclear Punches.

Debatable. Garou would be able to copy Ryou and master all applications of it.
If he saw Luffy use it, I could believe it. But if he saw someone like Marigold use Haki I would put doubt in him instantly learning the Emission or Internal Destruction aspects of Armament Haki.

I wonder if they did the same with medaka and her THE END.
literally, if they didn't put a rule to that, all the fights would be summed up in:
medaka copies the enemy's skill and overcomes it

Could Garou copy the Speed Force?
i know garou can use time travel(i cant use it,because god would kill him)but copy a hyperdimensional force?thats a bit of an exaggeration,unless you want to exaggerate the feat of copying the hyperspace gates(something that doesnt come of the universe)no,literraly,that thing,is not from that universe,that thing,comes from another universe

Back