• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou vs Shock Rock (High 6A Tourney)

I don't believe so. By mobility I mainly meant that Garou is able to move with a lot of flexibility, move in mid air, and jump really high.

And with his evolution, he will become faster, meaning that Shock Rock's mobility advantage won't do much for long.

What exactly will kill Garou here btw? He has extremely fast low-mid regeneration/transformation and will just continue getting stronger if he's pushed significantly by Shock Rock. And don't forget the massive skill advantage Garou has against him, along with his info analysis and precog.

Edit: Garou isn't stupid. He's not going to use pressure points on a Rock lol. He's actually good at outsmarting/analyzing opponents too.

Last edited:
There is one question I have though, which is.. Can Shock Rock be defeated using physical strikes? His body almost looks like it's made out of energy, which makes me think it might not be possible for Garou to physically beat him. Unless he goes for the chest?

Shock Rock keeps his distance mostly during fights but I don't see his armor getting broken either he was able to overpower and has taken hits from Vilgax (in his first use who has 100 of years of experience being a conqueror of planets) he was solely introduced to face cosmic threats (enemies from space/outside of Earth) also need scan on WSRSF against non solid energy construct/weapons or else he's getting energy caged.

Barely 4x advantage doesn't prevent Garou from damaging him. Especially after Garou adapts/evolves.

Shock Rock has Class G LS with his energy cage. Garou has Class M so he can’t get out and would get deprived of oxygen before he amps enough to get out, if he even can amp his LS that much since both his keys have Class M implying his AP increases much more than his LS.

Shock Rock has Class G LS with his energy cage. Garou has Class M so he can’t get out and would get deprived of oxygen before he amps enough to get out, if he even can amp his LS that much since both his keys have Class M implying his AP increases much more than his LS.
How does this energy cage work? As in how he gets him in it?

He resists telekinesis in this key. From a Class G and a weakened Class P.

He isn't dumb enough to get trapped in one like that either.

This is omni naut who is equal to if not greater/upscale than omni kix and has higher LS and Ben has shown Will power too he resisted mind control of High Override (Shock Rock species leader 2:08)

Higher than baseline Class G < Class G Scaling Chain from a high calculation (Which Garou resisted)

He also basically resisted Tatsumaki's TK, and she's Class P. Though she was significantly weakened.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure WSRSF or some other techniques have been used against energy attacks, I will just need to find some scans.

Though, I don't really understand the first part of the argument saying that it's harder to reflect energy, but sure.

Mobility until Garou becomes faster, which he will if he somehow can't keep up with him? Garou's mobility in this form is quite insane as well.
It's from when Bang and bomb deflected Rover's energy blasts, no?

Yeah,

I think they did it earlier in the chapter as well but it isn't as clear.

Garou himself has never deflected energy blast, but if Bang/Bomb can do it, he should be able to as well since his technique in this form is a superior version of many techniques, including both Bang and Bomb's combined.

Wouldn’t TK briefly work before he willpowers through tho? Enough for him to get energy caged. Although Shock Rock could eventually catch him off guard and play on the defensive so he doesn’t amp too much.

Fair on deflecting energy then. I still keep my vote, it’ll be hard for Shock Rock but his higher initial AP + Omni-Kix amp give him enough playroom to successfully execute the energy cage.

Wouldn’t TK briefly work before he willpowers through tho? Enough for him to get energy caged. Although Shock Rock could eventually catch him off guard and play on the defensive so he doesn’t amp too much.

Fair on deflecting energy then. I still keep my vote, it’ll be hard for Shock Rock but his higher initial AP + Omni-Kix amp give him enough playroom to successfully execute the energy cage.
He already resists Class G TK as AG, he adapted to it.

Energy Cage could work, but I don't see it working all of the time. Garou has great mobility, analytical prediction, and is smart enough to dodge it a lot of the time I think.

And if Garou gets in close I think it's pretty much over from there. The AP gap helps, but remember Garou is used to getting bodied by people like 10x stronger than him, his regeneration is quite crazy, and he has insane endurance. Along with that, he has his evolution, adaptation, etc to slowly close up that gap and increase his speed as well.

I'm Neutral on this one. Gonna go with Incon cause I think it's a 50/50 chance for both of them from the arguments presented.

But I explained why the stat advantage isn't enough to win... This is literally Garou... The guy who always fights and wins when he's the weaker one...

His versatility doesn't help because Garou can deflect his energy attacks, resist his TK, and on top of that he's a far better fighter.

The only things he has going for him is his flight, energy cage, and AP.

His AP isn't enough to win, as explained due to his adaptation, evolution, endurance, and regeneration. Even if you destroy chunks of his body he'll just regenerate and transform in seconds.

Flight also isn't enough to win due to Garou's mobility and the fact that Rock's long range attacks will get deflected anyway.

The energy cage is basically all that's left, and it likely wouldn't even work a lot of the time. Garou could just dodge it...

I know Garou is used to getting bodied by people with higher AP but those people don’t have a way to permanently incap him and from looking at the TK —> energy cage combo (even if he resists TK, he doesn’t need to lift him, just make energy around him). Shock Rock basically needs to point at Garou to win. Also my point is that Garou isn’t doing much to Shock Rock in the beginning either. So by the time Garou is strong enough to become a challenge for Shock Rock, Shock Rock can start spamming energy cage. He also has AoE to counter a speed gap.

Also everyone can deflect an attack like Bluemerang. Shock Rock is aware of this. The reason it still works is because it comes back around like a boomerang and I know Garou can predict this but this does limit his options if he gets attacked by the bluemerang and another energy attack simultaneously, potentially enough to energy cage him.

Also Shock Rock might get upgraded to 5-C because apparently Cannonbolt performing a Cannonbolt in a body of water gives moon level results... smh fricking Reboot. I’ll keep you guys posted. But hey Garou can fight stronger opponents right😜?

Back