• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou vs Baki Hanma (3-0-0)

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Half-Monster Garou vs Son of Ogre Baki (Low 7-B keys)

Garou's AP: Significantly above 1.22 Megatons
Baki's AP: Somewhere around 5.5 Megatons
AP Difference: <<<4.5x in Baki's favour

Speed is equalized however both can amp/increase speed throughout the match.

Garou: 9
Baki:
Incon:

Last edited:

1.44 Megatons G4 Genos = Royal Ripper < Half monster Garou initially <<< Half monster Garou becoming a dragon < Half monster Garou that fought dark shine initially <<< Darkshine's AP <<< Darkshine's durability < Half Monster Garou post darkshine

Yes it is Baki's last key and he is 5.5 megatons if not more I believe.

Btw I'm pretty sure Baki is a bit more skilled since he has more experience against extremely skilled opponents than Garou.

I think you should at least wait a bit for more arguments.

It amazes me how a verse like Baki got low 7-B from statements alone when the best feat of the god tier is 7-C, but I digress. I vote Garou mainly due his reactive evolution and regeneration which I don't think Baki has a answer to.

I guess I will postpone this match. I always wanted Garou vs the Baki characters, since they are just as, if not even more skilled than him

Baki can also copy techniques and predict movement.

No but hes has better MA skills and a shit load of amps.
Guess this match almost same like Goku vs Adam. The other one has better durability, and the other one has better copy skill.

In this case I don't know which one has better techniques to copy enemy movement.

But I'mma go with Garou cause Low-Mid regeneration and Immortality type 2.

Now this is a good matchup.

Garou scales massively above 1.22 megatons... like massively. Let me put it this way, a 1.22 megaton~ Garou could do nothing to base Bug God, who after transforming was casually one-shot by Darkshine, and Garou is now stronger than Darkshine. So, looking at that scaling chain...

1.22 megatons =~ HHG Garou < Base Bug God < Transformed Bug God <<< Darkshine (enough to casually pulverise Transformed Bug God) < Current Garou.
In other words, Current Garou >>>>>> 1.22 Megatons. He was strong enough in his spiral mode to casually pulverize his HHG form, if that shows it. So HHG Garou should scale as high as we can possibly upscale because the difference is massive.

Baki in his last key should be a bit above 5.5 megatons (doing more damage to Yujiro than an ICBM) and that's in base, with demon back he'll be higher.

Depending on where you want to scale current Garou, AP may be comparable or Garou may have a considerable advantage. IDK how upscaling works right now, so I'll wait to hear that.

Low-mid won't save him from everything though, and Baki does start with a minor AP advantage (Although Garou upscales massively) and is likely more skilled (And probably by a very noticeable amount). Though I feel we should wait for the Baki supporters to hop in and tell us what he can really do.

In the meantime, Garou will likely welcome the challenge in H2H combat and try to play smart, copying techniques and experimenting with his own. If he's overwhelmed he does have regeneration and potentially adaptation to keep up with Baki.

Guess this match almost same like Goku vs Adam. The other one has better durability, and the other one has better copy skill.

In this case I don't know which one has better techniques to copy enemy movement.

But I'mma go with Garou cause Low-Mid regeneration and Immortality type 2.
Garou and Baki should in theory have comparable technique mimicry, they can both obtain mastery over entirely new martial arts with a glance. Garou was able to copy WSRSF just by seeing it and obtain a master's level, Baki has able able to attain black belt level skills in a mere moment. However...

Garou was able to create the CSFDSF, a two person technique he's never seen, and is on the verge of creating the monster calamity god slayer fist. He can combine martial arts to create moves he's never even ever heard about too, IDK if Baki can do that. Plus, Garou can copy all Baki's stuff and unify the techniques, he could combine stuff like the Benda whip and cockroach tackle in ways that have never been done in Baki.

When I think about Garou's ability to synthesize martial arts, I think it gives him a major skill advantage- because he'll not only copy all Baki's techniques (Baki will do the same to him) but use them to create new forms of martial arts. Even if Baki can replicate the new martial art forms after Garou does them, Garou still has the advantage of getting a use or two in on unforeseen techniques.

I think much of Baki's arsenal- his pain manip with benda whip, his durability negation with cut cord and benda whip, status effect inducement, acrobatics, etc, etc, can be straight up copied by Garou. There are a few things Garou can't copy, but most of Baki's potential advantages will be negated when Garou copies them.

On the other hand... Garou's advantages, his superior reactive evolution, his type 2 immortality, his resistances, his regen. Those are things you can't copy, so I think Garou's uncopieable advantages outweigh Baki's so he has the edge here.

Last edited:
Honestly... if Golden Sperm could push peak Garou to Awakening, I think Baki Hanma would push Garou hard enough as well- and we might see Garou go Awakened throughout the course of this fight.

It's very dangerous to fight current Garou, because he's only a step or two away from becoming massively more skilled, powerful and potentially haxy by Awakening. We don't know what Awakened Garou will look like, but I'm sure he'll be tiers and tiers above the Bakiverse, probably about High 6-A like he used to be.

Garou and Baki should in theory have comparable technique mimicry, they can both obtain mastery over entirely new martial arts with a glance. Garou was able to copy WSRSF just by seeing it and obtain a master's level, Baki has able able to attain black belt level skills in a mere moment. However...

Garou was able to create the CSFDSF, a two person technique he's never seen, and is on the verge of creating the monster calamity god slayer fist. He can combine martial arts to create moves he's never even ever heard about to, IDK if Baki can do that. Plus, Garou can copy all Baki's stuff and unify the techniques, he could combine stuff like the Benda whip and cockroach tackle in ways that have never been done in Baki.

When I think about Garou's ability to synthesize martial arts, I think it gives him a major skill advantage- because he'll not only copy all Baki's techniques (Baki will do the same to him) but use them to create new forms of martial arts. Even if Baki can replicate the new martial art forms after Garou does them, Garou still has the advantage of getting a use or two in on unforeseen techniques.

I think much of Baki's arsenal- his pain manip with benda whip, his durability negation with cut cord and benda whip, status effect inducement, acrobatics, etc, etc, can be straight up copied by Garou. There are a few things Garou can't copy, but most of Baki's potential advantages will be negated when Garou copies them.

On the other hand... Garou's advantages, his superior reactive evolution, his resistances, his regen. Those are things you can't copy, so I think Garou's uncopieable advantages outweigh Baki's so he has the edge here.
Awesome, but can you tell me what is WSRSF and CSFDSF?

And better wait from Baki supporters.

Great points Boros.

Problem with Baki tho is that he not the type of guy to pull out all of his shit to prolong a match. In fact its more in character for him to end the fight as soon as it starts. So Garou RE and copying isnt really going to help here as there not much he can copy before Baki just kills and incap hims. And considering Baki Stronger, more dura, better skills, and multiple amps for speed and stats to just end the fight.

Just a minor correction, Garou copied Whirlind iron cutting fist, not Water stream rock smashing fist.

Great points Boros.

Problem with Baki tho is that he not the type of guy to pull out all of his shit to prolong a match. In fact its more in character for him to end the fight as soon as it starts. So Garou RE and copying isnt really going to help here as there not much he can copy before Baki just kills and incap hims. And considering Baki Stronger, more dura, better skills, and multiple amps for speed and stats to just end the fight.
What would he use for the incap? Garou tends to develop resistances to things like that on the fly, so if Baki doesn't incap him and kill him right away he's liable to develop a resistance to whatever the binding thing is- especially if it's some kind of neurological or physical paralysis.

Damn, I wanted to do this later on in the Baki verse vs One Punch Man, maybe if I use another key in that moment I could do it?

Bump.

Baki can take this if he can incap Garou right away, then proceed to kill him quickly. But I'm not sure what kind of Incap we're talking about here, so depending on what it is it may or may not work. For example, a pain incap probably isn't going to do anything to current Garou, he doesn't care if he takes severe damage as we saw when he went spiral mode, he got both his shoulders broken by Darkshine, regen'd mid flight and attacked as soon as he could get footing- that would make his regen near instantaneous with speed equalized.

Last edited:
I went through Baki's profile and I'm not seeing anything that'd potentially incap Garou. If you're saying he'll incap via pure strength I really, really doubt it unless he is packing enough punch to severely harm Garou to the point where he's unable to stand.

Garou can take hits that would normally kill him thanks to Type 2 and he has decently fast Low-Mid regeneration. On top of this he's capable of fighting while asleep if it happens to come to that.

Garou is used to fighting opponents capable of one-shotting him (Albeit not anywhere near as skilled as Baki), so I don't think brute force alone will be enough to put him down, especially since he'll continue adapting and evolving in the fight, whilst copying Baki's abilities.

Still, those amps will definitely bring trouble, how much of an amp are we talking? Depending on that, it will determine whether or not Garou will survive long enough to even show off any of his monster abilities.

My first question is how high can we scale Garou, with all the upscaling we have. Garou at his strongest would technically make Garou scale above Gouketsu high into 7-A+ thanks to the Cross Fang-EC-Gouketsu scaling, but I know that's the 7-A key is off the table for obvious reasons.

Since this Garou uber upscales from 1.22 megatons, do we just upscale him at 1.5X since that's the old max? Or do we do more... I want to know how Base Garou compares to Base Baki in this fight, Base Baki being ~ 5.5 megatons with the Yujiro scaling

I looked through both profiles, and it looks like Garou has an edge, especially with his reactive evolution.

Garou FRA

Back