• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou, Platinum Sperm and Flashy Flash Upgrade

Not faster than me voting for Flash in my own thread

Also, just remembered, should Flash also scale in LS ? He clashed with both numerous times without being instanly tossed aside

Good idea. Scaling Flashy Flash to LS based on recent speed feat is also supported by databook stating Flashy Flash is LS.

Bang shouldn't scale to them in terms of speed or AP. We know that Sleeping Garou and Awake Garou are at two different levels of power, even in terms of stats. Garou was wailing on Darkshine while asleep and specifically attempted to speed blitz him and got shut down in both areas. Then while Awake, he's able to both tag him and knock him around, even if he didn't necessarily do damage at first

Even in this specific scenario, Garou was fighting at a speed that Bomb could keep up with and perceive while he was asleep, but then it was visibly shown by the timer and by Murata's artwork that Garou while half awake/half asleep was on a whole new level of speed when he blitzed the Cadres. And then it's visibly shown again that him fighting Platinum S and Flashy Flash is on a completely different level of speed compared to even the blitz agaisnt the Cadres which was faster than he was fighting Bang.

I know just going off of illustration is similar to going off of animation with no context, but in context, the evolution between Garou's combat and movement speed against Bang while asleep vs combat and movement when blitzing the Cadres while half asleep half awake vs combat and movement speed when fighting Platinum and Flashy while fully awake are on completely different levels

I don't remember the details from Garou Vs Darkshine but if it indeed showed that difference between Sleep Garou and Non Sleep Garou (A difference in stats, not only skill), then yeah Bang can't scale, the huge difference in speed showcase by the 3 fighting when compared to AB Bang vs Garou would support this

Darkshine said that Garou's muscle coordination had improved after he woke up. I'm not sure what that means in regards to speed.

The upgrades are fine but the justifications are a little circular:

Could withstand numerous attacks from Platinum Sperm

Was capable of damaging Flashy Flash

Also I think Bang's rating with Awakening Breath for his speed should be a "Possibly" since Garou could have grown in speed since he defeated Bang and woke up.

Never thought the new speed feat calc of Platinum Sperm, Flashy Flash and Garou is only comparable to Flashy Flash vs Hellfire and Gale Wind.

If we put possibly rating to Bang, we can consider putting possibly to Bomb since he kept up with Garou for a while.
The thing is that Garou was amped with Awakening Breath when he fought Bang but not when he fought Bomb. And since there's no reason to assume the amp of AB wore off at some point, Bomb only scales to Massively Hypersonic+ but not Relativistic+.

Also I think Bang's rating with Awakening Breath for his speed should be a "Possibly" since Garou could have grown in speed since he defeated Bang and woke up.
I've edited the OP. Do you think the changes are ready to apply or do we need to ask others first?

The point is that his power increased after fighting Bomb so Bomb doesn't scale to Pre-Awakening Garou with Awakening Breath.

I don't remember the details from Garou Vs Darkshine but if it indeed showed that difference between Sleep Garou and Non Sleep Garou (A difference in stats, not only skill), then yeah Bang can't scale, the huge difference in speed showcase by the 3 fighting when compared to AB Bang vs Garou would support this
Garou went from failing to even move Darkshine with his blows and attempting to blitz him and getting tagged while sleeping yo his blows being able to move Darkshine and being much more relative speed wise while awake, even before evolving

The sort of sounds like Garou operates on an EXP system. Garou only gets stronger at the verge of death and Bang didn't push Garou that far. I don't think "possibly" is necessary.

Also, its not like Garou's speed change much between Sleep and Awake when he faced Darkshine.

Last edited:
The sort of sounds like Garou operates on an EXP system. Garou only gets stronger at the verge of death and Bang didn't push Garou that far. I don't think "possibly" is necessary.
He doesn't have to be on the verge of death to get stronger or faster.

He's been shown to increase simply by being in combat.

He doesn't have to be on the verge of death to get stronger or faster.

He's been shown to increase simply by being in combat.
Ah I remeber now, but the increase rate wasn't astronomical in the Darkshine fight for Bang to be "possibly" Rel

And what Smooth said about Garou when he is sleeping, Bang fought a different Garou from the FF and PS fight
The situation isn't that different between Bang and Darkshine. Bang didn't fight a conscious Garou in control of his own skills but thats not about speed.

The situation isn't that different between Bang and Darkshine. Bang didn't fight a conscious Garou in control of his own skills but thats not about speed.
There was a difference in speed and power after he woke up against Darkshine, as smooth explained, it wasn't limited to a mere skill difference. Possibly Relativistic+ AB Bang sounds awesome but that needs Garou at the same level against him when compared to his fight against FF and PS, and we see in Darkshine's battle that being dormant does handicap Garou, if if by a little it cuts the scaling

There was a difference in speed and power after he woke up against Darkshine, as smooth explained, it wasn't limited to a mere skill difference.
I agree slightly but I'm arguing the difference in the speed increase wasn't astronomical. Even late in the fight after Garou matched the Bazooka, Darkshine is still able to block and guard against Garou's attacks. (Darkshine's backstory chapter)

Darkshine is still able to block and guard against Garou's attacks

To be fair Darkshine doesn't need to be comparable to Garou in speed just to hold his arms up defensively.

To be fair Darkshine doesn't need to be comparable to Garou in speed just to hold his arms up defensively.
No, Darkshine's line drawing after "Is he really looking forward to a "fight?"" shows Darkshine pulling up his arms to block Garou's strikes.

I don’t think anyone argued that it was astronomical.
? Isn't that why Bang's getting a "possibility" rating?

Most of Bang's current justification for Speed are "Outran", "Is considered to be very fast", "Easily dodged and repelled", "Easily blitzed", etc, with the first time getting really pushed is being relative to Flashy.

? Isn't that why Bang's getting a "possibility" rating?
He’s getting a possibly rating because the Garou that fought Flashy Flash is most likely faster than the Garou that fought Bang. Nobody said the gap was massive, and possibly ratings do not denote a massive gap either.

Hm. I still find myself disagreeing with "most likely faster" than the Garou that fought Bang part.

The logic behind is that Garou had a buff that instantly happen the moment he stopped fighting Bang and then proceed to blitz Furher (Which Bang also did with his reflect that Furher didn't react to till after his fist landed on Gums) and blindside Platinum to a significant degree that Bang doesn't even likely scale to.

Last edited:
The difference in speed was very clear cut, the battle between FF, PS and Current Garou had way more focus on how fast they were there, with the timer and that geometric light structure. If the gap in speed between Sleeping Garou and Woke Garou is big or small one thing we can say for sure: Bang isn't exactly as fast as those three, hence it needs a Possibly or a Likely (I support the scaling to Bang if one of those are used)

Last edited:
? Presentation of the 3-way fight is the only thing supporting that Bang doesn't scale? Not scaling itself?

Bro, we have many reasons here, I quoted one that shows the difference in speed in narrative, I know what ur trying, trust me u don't need it

We have Woke Garou > Sleep Garou as the main reason (For me at least), the difference exists, big or small, that's why Possibly or Likely Relativistic+ for AB Bang is the best option, it keeps us away from fully scaling someone that we know it isn't exactly as fast

Back