• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fight takes place in Beach City.

Garnet: 7 (Scarletmoon56, The real cal howard, WeeklyBattles, Numbersguy, Jinx666, Elione-chan, Sir Ovens)

Hong Meiling: 4 (Jiangshi1, Sinyan, TheJ-ManRequiem, NickMatt94)

Inconclusive: 1 (Paulo.junior.969)

Two 6-C tier brawlers. Victory by KO. Speed equalized if need be. Both are serious about winning. Who wins?

Garnet is Large Island level, Hong is only Island level...Im not that well-versed in Touhou but judging by her profile im pretty sure this is a stomp in Garnet's favor...

I don't think it's a stomp. Meiling is AT LEAST island level, and is likely higher. And I think she has some hax to compete with Garnet.

Hong fodderizes casual Island level people. Honestly the AP difference between the two really shouldn't be too high.

Compared to other Touhou characters, Meiling doesn't have the insane amount of hax everyone else does, but in regards to Steven Universe, her Qi manipulation should prove a challenge.

I mean for the flightless, projectile-less Garnet, fighting any Touhou characters is going to be hell.

^ Garnet does have projectiles with her power over electricity and rocket gauntlets, but yeah Meiling's flight will give Garnet some problems.

@Gojira Isnt her Qi Manipulation just decent energy manipulation and projection...?

@Saikou Garnet has projectile gauntlets, ranged electrical attacks, and extendable limbs so...

Meiling imo has more going for her.

Flight being the obvious one, her style of combat is morely considered as tai chi quan especially and would allow her to be more flexible in keeping in tune the more brawler style Garnet, range advantage with danmaku, and as a youkai, can regenerate should Garnet somehow breaks off her arm or leg. Add in her techniques have the same "fly high" effect, I think she'd best the gem thanks mainly to her better combat style. Future vision is Garnet's only saving grace but that can only get you so far and even then it hasn't exactly gave her a 100% win rate.

Meiling has better regen, danmaku, flight and more flexible fighting style than Garnet. While Garnet is stronger, has more range, shapeshifting (iirc an episode that she changed into a rock for a sneak attack?) and future vision though to an extent. Hmmm gonna give it to Garnet for now with mid to high difficulty.

As the OP my vote doesn't count but I'd give it to Garnet for those same reasons, with high difficulty.

Chill on the bump, Future Sight can only defend so much and I side more with Meiling due to danmaku spam to overwhelm or lead a person to an area, before hitting them. It doesn't mean an instant capability to dodge everything after all.

I'm not familiar with Hong Meiling, so, I'll have to go by the profiles:

Well, Hong Meiling isn't as strong as Garnet, going by what people are saying, the difference isn't that huge, but still, Garnet still has an advantage. Hong Meiling is also over twice as fast, but OP stated that speed would be equalized if needed, so, this solves that. As for who is a better fighter, I don't know, Hong Meiling's article mentions that she's an expert martial arts, but Garnet has thousands of years of fighting experience so, I can't tell.

As for hax, well, they both have Superhuman Physical Characteristics, but Garnet is slightly stronger, so, she has an advantage on that. Garnet also has better Regenerationn (Hong Meiling can come back from decaptation, while Garnet can come back from a small piece of her body), and Garnet has Type 3 Immortality, so, that's another advantage she has. Garnet also has some abilities that wouldn't be useful here, like defusing, creating bubbles or adapting to gravity, those wouldn't really help her, so, they don't matter. Hong Meiling can fly, something that Garnet can't do, so, she has an advantage on that, same thing with Qi Manipulation. And Hong Meiling also seems to be far spperior in a distance fight, Garnet has some projectiles, such as her Rocket Gauntlets and eletricity, but Hong Meiling has Danmaku, so, she could just fill the battlefield with projectiles. Garnet also has Electrokinesis, which would be useful in a close fight, but wouldn't do much against a Danmaku user in a distance fight. Garnet has Precognition, which would help an awnful lot, so that's another advantage for her, and her Pain Tolerance could also help in a close fight.

So, yeah, Garnet seems to win this if it is a close fight, but Hong Meiling has an advantague in a distance fight with her Danmaku, Garnet does have Precognition, which could help her do dodge it, but I don't know if it would be enough to deal with Danmaku, and I don't know if Hong Meiling has any way of destroying Garnet with that Regenerationn, unless she manages to puff her and destroy her gems.

Overal: If it's a close fight, Garnet wins, she is stronger and is at least as good fighting, and her Precognition, Regenerationn, Eletricity and Pain Tolerance would give her even more of an advantage, Hong Meiling wins in a distant fight with her Danmaku.

Gojira1234 said:
Good points all around, I agree completely. But who do you think takes the victory overall?
I don't know, it depends on how Hong Meiling fights, does she like do fight hand-to-hand or she already starts with Danmaku? If she manages do distance herself enough, she fills the battlefield with projectiles and shots at Garnet until she puffs, but if she tries to go for a close fight, Garnet seems to beat her, hands down.

IT really depends on the game Meiling is in. In the contemporary Touhou games, everyone has a danmaku fighting style. In the fighting games (like Hisoutensoku or Scarlet Weather Rhapsody), everyone has a unique fighting style tailored to a fighting game format. So I feel like in a vs battle situation, it'd be fair to give Meiling a composite of both.

Gojira1234 said:
IT really depends on the game Meiling is in. In the contemporary Touhou games, everyone has a danmaku fighting style. In the fighting games (like Hisoutensoku or Scarlet Weather Rhapsody), everyone has a unique fighting style tailored to a fighting game format. So I feel like I'm a vs battle situation, it'd be fair to give Meiling a composite of both.
So, I have no idea how this would play out.

^ im pretty sure it is. Like I said at the beginning, Meiling is AT LEAST island AP, likely higher (large island AP), which would put her at a match for Garnet.

Maybe not, but I don't think that alone makes it a stomp in Garnet's favor, if that's what you're insinuating.

Trust me. I don't think it's a stomp. In fact, it's not even decisive. It's stupidly close. But Garnet should take the win. Experience advantage, ap advantage, and an answer to range (a small one, but one nonetheless),plus she has at least one free regen due to Hong not knowing the mechanics of gem Regenerationn should give her match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back