• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Diarmuid.

Saber managed to survive Tsubame Gaeshi because of her Intuition. Diarmuid has Eye of the Mind which is superior to Intuition so that gives him a significant advantage.

Given the fact of Lancer's Luck, i mean, Luck E... GG.

He has no chance of avoid Tsubame Gaeshi with that poor amount of luck.

KamiYasha said:
Given the fact of Lancer's Luck, i mean, Luck E... GG.
He has no chance of avoid Tsubame Gaeshi with that poor amount of luck.
When did having a high luck stat helped someone against Tsubame Gaeshi?

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
When did having a high luck stat helped someone against Tsubame Gaeshi?
The first encounter with Saber in Unlimited Blade Works, i believe.

KamiYasha said:
I don't recall that. Either way, Diarmuid has no way to avoid Tsubame Gaeshi.
Why would Diarmuid allow him to use it? Tsubame Gaeshi has several conditions which Assassin needs to fulfil before activation.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Saber managed to survive Tsubame Gaeshi because of her Intuition. Diarmuid has Eye of the Mind which is superior to Intuition so that gives him a significant advantage.
Saber survived because she was fighting on steps first and managed to damage Assassin's sword. Because it was heavily damaged Tsubame Gaeshi was not perfect. Saber even stated in the VN that her intuition wouldn't help if not that damage on the sin's sword.

KamiYasha said:
The sword wasn't damaged during the last encounter?
She damaged his sword during when she traded blows with sin on steps. When she pushed him on even ground he used TG and it was flawed. She even mentioned it because it was almost perfect but somehow with flaw. Assassin said then that because of the dent on his sword he couldn't fully utilize his skills.

P.S.: I don't even know how many blows they traded before it was slightly damaged. Saber used her Prana Burst blows and Sin fought Berserker prior too...

Yamatohime said:
ThisIsMySwagPack said:
Saber survived because she was fighting on steps first and managed to damage Assassin's sword. Because it was heavily damaged Tsubame Gaeshi was not perfect. Saber even stated in the VN that her intuition wouldn't help if not that damage on the sin's sword.
Except that happened during the rematch and not the first time when she survived Tsubame Gaeshi. I mean even in anime they show her Intuition several times and during the first match.

Here:

Screenshot 9

VN directly stated by Saber and Sin that Saber managed to dodge TG because sin's sword was damaged. Additionaly, in their fist encounter in VN, Assassin didn't use TG and just attacked with his slashes. And even this forced Saber to fully utilize her intuition because she was having a hard time to track sin's attacks. During first encounter of UBW route sin tried to use TG on uneven ground (on steps) but it unbalanced him and he wasn't able to finish his attack (only two slashes were created).

EDIT: I found it: Saber managed to bend Assassin's blade after the first full powered strike (via Prana Burst probably).

Yamatohime said:
VN directly stated by Saber and Sin that Saber managed to dodge TG because sin's sword was damaged. Additionaly, in their fist encounter in VN, Assassin didn't use TG and just attacked with his slashes. And even this forced Saber to fully utilize her intuition because she was having a hard time to track sin's attacks. During first encounter of UBW route sin tried to use TG on uneven ground (on steps) but it unbalanced him and he wasn't able to finish his attack (only two slashes were created).
EDIT: I found it: Saber managed to bend Assassin's blade after the first full powered strike (via Prana Burst probably).
LoL

Tsubame Gaeshi requires Assassin to be on even ground and to be a certain distance away from his target. Tell me why would he use it on steps? He doesn't know how his tehnique works?

Yamatohime said:
IIRC it was because of excalibur.

Definitely Diarmuid, he has the better stats and is geared for one on one confrontations like this, with an NP which deals anti-regen damage and Eye of The Mind (True), a skill gained through experience and superior to intuition and Archer's own version. If Assassin can get off TG when Diarmuid can't dodge it he might win, but overall Diarmuid 8-9/10.

i think its for Assassin because Eye of the Mind (True)is a heightened capacity for observatio, refined through experience

and assassins Knowledge of Respect and Harmony prevents 1 part of Eye + Lancers luck he will have very hard time to beat Assasin

Lancers noble phantasm are a bit useless beacuse ; Gáe Buidhe it must hit Assassin first (and he show saber how hard it is ) Gáe Dearg because Assasin dont use magecraft

And TG is immposible to dodge because Dimensional Refraction Phenomenon by pure swordsmanship . And this < is the best argument for which one will win in honorable fight (and we know both of them will fight honorable ; lancer = knight and assassin want the best fight he can get to test his skill) But lancers Gáe Dearg is 2 meter long , longer then Assassins sword so...

Assasin 7,5-8,5/10

KamiYasha said:
In terms of skills, Eye of the Mind (False) is above Eye of the Mind (True).
Really? I thought that the only notable difference is one can be trained while the other cannot, but they essentially function the same.

Yes and no.

I mean, only one can be obtained via training, but the other one (False) represents a natural instinct that cannot be obtained regardless of effort or experience.

Just like when Assassin and Saber crossed blades, Sasaki easily learned the length of Saber's sword. While Diarmuid need to use Gáe Dearg.

IMO, False is above True.

ahh from that ^ sasaki will "sense" that Gáe Buidhe more dangerous to him than other spear so posibility of lancer hiting him with this spear is even lower then i thought before

Going with Sasaki with superior skill and dat Eye of the Mind (False). Plus, the lady's man ain't getting out of TG with dat E rank luck.

(Essentially what the rest said on the top, can't really add anything new, other than it would be a tough battle for Assassin. =P)

Fake Assassin

Superb fighting skills(much better than Saber), KRH(FZlancer can't read his moves),Eye of the Mind, and Tsubame Gaeshi. Higher stats advantage by FZlancer is cancelled by those abilities.

As much as I love Diarmuid, I think Kojiro has this. His False Eye is superior to the True one Diarmuid has, also A rank > B rank. Unless Lancer manages to cut some crucial spot with his Gae Buidhe like when he cut Saber's arm tendons and prevented her to use her sword with two hands, I don't see him winning this one.

Sure he's got some range advantage with Gae Dearg, but that spear is practically useless against Kojiro, he doesn't use magecraft, and once the conditions for Tsubame Gaeshi are cleared, Diarmuid ain't dodging it. Also thanks to low rank Luck, Lancers tend to die quite often :)

Pp,550x550.u2
Obligatory Reference

I guess that's 7-2 if my counting hasn't failed me. Waiting for a day before I get this added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back