• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

From Moonrise to Moonset Match 3: Naruto Uzumaki vs Shiki Granbell

MATCH CONDITIONS:
  • The match takes place in Windsor Castle, in the inner courtyard of the upper ward
  • Starting distance is 10 meters
  • Characters will be given only partial knowledge of all their opponent's abilities, particularly any dangerous abilities or immortalities
  • Characters will be given their standard equipment
  • Characters are allowed to change their strategy with their limited knowledge of their opponent's abilities and match conditions
  • The fight will be given a timer of 12 hours to conclude.
  • Speeds are equalized
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA, with the addendum that characters lose when they remain immobilized, incapacitated, removed from the battlefield, or killed when the timer ends
    • Any characters that are projected to fight past 12 hours will be subject to "Sudden Death" where any immobilization, incapacitation, removal from the battlefield or death will only need to last 10 seconds before a victor is declared
    • Physical pinning is allowed, but the character must be pinned in such a way that they cannot harm the person pinning them
    • To clarify, a tournament victory only requires that the opponent remain immobilized, incapacitated, removed from the battlefield, or killed when the timer ends or for ten seconds during Sudden Death. Meaning that a character could lose a match under conventional VSThread rules but win the tournament match
  • The match will be allowed to continue as normal after the tournament-mandated timer ends for purposes of adding to the profile
  • Any further accommodations for unique abilities will be decided as the tournament gathers more participants
  • In tandem with the above, rules will be adjusted accordingly as well
Naruto, Kurama Mode key with Kurama Avatar, charged Biju Bombs are restricted (321.85 gigatons) vs Shiki Granbell, Post-Xenolith Training key (256 gigatons)

Last edited:
Here's hoping I can represent Shiki enough.

Setting some scaling clarification. Shiki's feat comes from C141 (+ a calc) where Shura stopped the Eden ship from moving casually. Scales higher than that. Both Overdrive states are naturally much higher.

Shiki's pretty skilled, mastering a technique that requires years within a month. But with Naruto I think he's much more of a veteran at this state, someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this. Overall I feel like Naruto would dominate hand to hand considering how much experience he has even if my boy here is great. So melee's his game.

Analytical Prediction if it's 'unnatural' wouldn't work on Shiki if precog-esque abilities didn't work on him. How does Naruto's AP works since I'm not sure on what the image on his profile is implying.

Naruto's immortality and regeneration is pretty rough. Shiki's gonna have to overcome that to win. If push comes to shove he might actually use the organ damaging effects of his gravity. But with how Shiki's gravity stuff works- he might be able to cancel this if he redirects a Rasenshuriken downwards or back to Naruto and triggers it early. Smothering attacks is in character too. Otherwise, I'm not entirely sure on how this part goes. How long can Naruto keep regenerating? Is it tied to his chakra? Otherwise sheer damage is the only thing I can imagine.

There are some stuff that can work on Shiki though. There's a temporary paralysis technique that can stun Shiki but the nature of it is unclear to me on how long it can last. It says it's melee to mid range so I'm wondering how good is that? Ma and Pa iirc uses a sonic sound based attack? That's another one that can work on Shiki but I feel like he would dodge that with Predictions.

Clones from Naruto should be handled by gravity AOE effects from making everything weigh down or creating gravity holes. Considering LS is T on Naruto (if I got the right key) he can match Shiki's T. But in turn Shiki can elevate it further via Overdrive and the moment he does I feel like he's going to take a big advantage on that. Most of the projectiles he uses Shiki can handle with sheer gravity.

Shiki I also feel has a very good evade game with how he often uses gravity to give himself pseudo flight, dodging projectiles and other attacks by altering his gravity. He can also apply this to enemies but that might be used more to make Naruto BTFO once Shiki realizes he can't win up close. Naruto does have substitution jutsu and the clones backup but overall I feel like the sheer AOE of Shiki should help mitigate the strength of theirs.

As of right now, I feel like Shiki has the advantage especially once he goes Overdrive and he's gonna stick to range game. But depending on the nature of Naruto's regeneration and other stuff like how strong he actually gets I'm wittholding my vote.

Naruto at this stage will pretty much spam those bijuudamas right of the bat, the AoE's pretty large

but considering the starting range is 10 meters, which doesn't make much sense since Naruto's Kurama Avatar mode is waaay larger than the starting distance, Shiki may as well be inside Naruto's Kurama Avatar lol

But yeah, Naruto is pretty versatile here, Rasenshuriken where he can just guide it to Shiki, Bijuudama, clones, what Shiki can do?

But yeah, Naruto is pretty versatile here, Rasenshuriken where he can just guide it to Shiki, Bijuudama, clones, what Shiki can do?
thing is Shiki can use his gravity to either refletct the rasenshuriken back at Naruto or compress them with his gravity smothering them

using the gravity to pin down the clones, wich they should be 6-C since only the Kurama avatar is high 6-C, outright making them disappear

and can become stronger with Overdrive a transformation

thing is Shiki can use his gravity to either refletct the rasenshuriken back at Naruto or compress them with his gravity smothering them
Hmm, noted, though how high Shiki LS is?
using the gravity to pin down the clones, wich they should be 6-C since only the Kurama avatar is high 6-C, outright making them disappear
Huh, i dunno why but shouldn't Kurama avatar capable of protecting those clones? Also how big the AoE of those gravity?
and can become stronger with Overdrive a transformation
Noted

How high into Class T is Shiki? Naruto's Kurama Avatar is already upscaling from his KN8 Feat against Chibaku Tensei and Bijū Sage Mode Naruto's Kurama Avatar is even stronger than his KCM2 Kurama Avatar. Also, Naruto has fought against Gravity Hax before in the form of Pain and Nagato, though their's aren't as extensive as Shiki's but it's something to keep in mind. Also also, I heard something about him resisting Precog but Naruto doesn't have actual Precog, he can just predict what people will do next based on their emotions thanks to KCM being able to sense and read negative intent and Sage Mode buffs it even further by amplifying his already absurd sensory capabilities even further as well as giving him Frog Kata which allows his melee attacks to negate durability by using Senjutsu to extend his range with them invisibly and hit their insides directly with it. Also, Naruto can rapid fire spam the Bijū-Dama like a machine gun as shown when Kurama did it against Hashirama under Madara's control and I think also when they were fighting the Jūbi but I could just be remembering the Storm 4 Boss Fight version. As for the clones, if they use the Kurama Avatar as well, which they have no reason not to, then they're not getting poofed away by Shiki's attacks unless he can somehow hit through the Kurama Avatar in the first place so they're not as Canon Fodder-y as you think they would be.

Alrighty back. Yeah if Naruto's clones can do the avatar thing that's gonna be an issue. That said Shiki's gravity I feel is more refined than Pain and Nagato who's more force push and pull. Shiki's is strictly AOE esque and the fact that they can affect internal organs is big. And if Shiki finds out those clones are fake, he's going to be more inclined to use his gravity powers to that level to just make them disperse.

Spamming a large amount of projectiles is a good way to make Shiki focus on the defense, though he is very evasive. But I feel like one of the worst things he can do is redirect those projectiles back to the clones or Naruto.

Can you explain more on the invisible and attack inside? I feel like that's his best bet but trying to do that would also mean dealing with Shiki's gravity effect. But I feel like if it fails and doesn't land a decisive blow, which is possible due to gravity's AOE effects, Shiki would be more defensive and evasive of that.

Analytical Prediction thing makes sense. I'm still not sure if that would be safe though from working on Shiki. But it is Naruto's best bet. That said AOE attacks being 'predicted' might not help much since the best it can do is warn Naruto to back off and so on.

How high into Class T is Shiki? Naruto's Kurama Avatar is already upscaling from his KN8 Feat against Chibaku Tensei and Bijū Sage Mode Naruto's Kurama Avatar is even stronger than his KCM2 Kurama Avatar. Also, Naruto has fought against Gravity Hax before in the form of Pain and Nagato, though their's aren't as extensive as Shiki's but it's something to keep in mind. Also also, I heard something about him resisting Precog but Naruto doesn't have actual Precog, he can just predict what people will do next based on their emotions thanks to KCM being able to sense and read negative intent and Sage Mode buffs it even further by amplifying his already absurd sensory capabilities even further as well as giving him Frog Kata which allows his melee attacks to negate durability by using Senjutsu to extend his range with them invisibly and hit their insides directly with it. Also, Naruto can rapid fire spam the Bijū-Dama like a machine gun as shown when Kurama did it against Hashirama under Madara's control and I think also when they were fighting the Jūbi but I could just be remembering the Storm 4 Boss Fight version. As for the clones, if they use the Kurama Avatar as well, which they have no reason not to, then they're not getting poofed away by Shiki's attacks unless he can somehow hit through the Kurama Avatar in the first place so they're not as Canon Fodder-y as you think they would be.
i don't think his clones can do the Kurama avatar, its because the avatar is the original Kurama itself and so only the original Naruto can use it, that's why in the entire series, the clones never utilized something like this

and about the rasenshuriken spamming, as said above Shiki can simply redirect them back at naruto and his clones or compress them

if you want more info about Shiki and why we think he may win more often than Naruto, you can read the first message that COB wrote above

i don't think his clones can do the Kurama avatar, its because the avatar is the original Kurama itself and so only the original Naruto can use it, that's why in the entire series, the clones never utilized something like this
I mean...
main-qimg-ee12e37accd3e532868d6ea35911a20a-pjlq

main-qimg-1d9da8e0ab08e2b0de8d2a5a73838f73-lq

I don't know the specific chapter and episode, but it's during the Sasuke fight. That said, beyond being whole, I don't recall much being different between the two versions of Kurama himself specifically outside of being stronger. There's very little reason for Naruto to not be able to make clones with Kurama Avatars.

Does it use up more chakra? If it doesn't, damn that's too strong lol.

I still think the internal organ thing can bypass that though, and if it's just clones all the more likelihood Shiki keeps doing it. Characters in EZ get a bit brutal

it's in the final battle chapter Naruto vs sasuke and don't forget Avatar kurama can use senjutsu in that last fight

Does it use up more chakra? If it doesn't, damn that's too strong lol.

I still think the internal organ thing can bypass that though, and if it's just clones all the more likelihood Shiki keeps doing it. Characters in EZ get a bit brutal

Even if it did use up more Chakra, reminder that Naruto literally had enough Chakra to power up the entire Shinobi Alliance with Bijuu Cloaks.

Why would senjutsu change how many Avatar's there can be
during the last battle of Naruto vs Sasuke, Avatar Kurama used senjutsu against Sasuke who used perfect Susano'o + 9 chakra bijuu looking for you can just look for it in chapter 696 there is Avatar Kurama using senjutsu

during the last battle of Naruto vs Sasuke, Avatar Kurama used senjutsu against Sasuke who used perfect Susano'o + 9 chakra bijuu looking for you can just look for it in chapter 696 there is Avatar Kurama using senjutsu
Yes, he uses Senjutsu. But this doesn't say anything about it being a specific factor in him having multiple Avatars.

first okay but we don't know if in this key he can use it, since he only did it against Sasuke in the next key, so i don't think we should consider this

second i checked the lifting strengh of both of them and they both upscales from the feat, tough for Naruto only the avatar and not the clones, so Shiki can easily crush them

Literally nothing is fundamentally different about this Kurama and the next in any way that would affect how many avatars he can produce, but I'm prolly not gonna be convincing anyone anytime soon. Does Shiki's gravity shtick go through Energy Avatars? Also couldn't Naruto summon the toads to help out

Literally nothing is fundamentally different about this Kurama and the next in any way that would affect how many avatars he can produce, but I'm prolly not gonna be convincing anyone anytime soon. Does Shiki's gravity shtick go through Energy Avatars? Also couldn't Naruto summon the toads to help out
maybe we should wait for Naruto's supporters first maybe they can give a good argument

Even if it did use up more Chakra, reminder that Naruto literally had enough Chakra to power up the entire Shinobi Alliance with Bijuu Cloaks.
Damn

Can't debate rn but to answer your other question Gravity should bypass.

I'll say this tho I feel like Naruto is the one that should advance regardless of result here from the quick look of haxxes I've seen at the others like megaman and Kamen riders

You mean to say you think Naruto will do better later on than Shiki? I'll admit, Mega Man's pretty spooky, same with Knight Leader and what not... (If it wasn't for the fact I already know how my rep can counter his most valuable ability lol)

Also, would Naruto's Analytical Prediction help him with stopping Shiki in some capacity? Naruto could also summon his Clones inside the Avatar, as it can hold multiple people. There might be some application to this, like surprising Shiki with a flying Naruto Clone coming from the Avatar or smth

Damn

Can't debate rn but to answer your other question Gravity should bypass.

I'll say this tho I feel like Naruto is the one that should advance regardless of result here from the quick look of haxxes I've seen at the others like megaman and Kamen riders
while Maybe Naruto could do better, this is honestly a good thing for Shiki, so that the others can know better the series, then be curious about it , read it and then have more supporters of the verse

Back