• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FP: Underhanded Diplomacy ~ Gem Warship vs Star Destroyer

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Hub for the Focal Point Universe here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4101714?useskin=oasis

~

An uneasy tension could be felt lingering in the Head Ship, felt by all present over even the bickering the occupied everyone's attention.

Yellow Diamond slouched back in her chair, squinting to see the tiny organics arguing needlessly in her throne room. In her mind, the agreement had been reached. The decision had been made. Now, it was solely between the organics now. She just didn't know why she needed to be here to see it, or why Pi- Steven insisted on refereeing it. Still, White would shatter her if she left Steven alone with these messy, complicated, sporadic creatures. Assuming Blue or even Yellow herself didn't do it first.

Meanwhile, in the Imperial corner, the piercing red eyes of the Grand Admiral followed the argument with waning interest. His hand on his chin, thoughtful and collected, his mind always seemed on the verge of wandering to more interesting topics. Only keeping an ear open in the off chance any useful information, any cultural insight or showing of weakness, was revealed.

He left the arguing up to his comrade.

"Absolutely not." Tony Stark said flatly. Tarkin scoffed, wishing he was allowed to simply order his minions to shoot the man. "Our technology can provide many advancements for your people, Mr. Stark. The people of Earth have only just reached into spa-"

"I know what you're trying to do." Tony cut off. "And I won't have it. You want my technology, you can't have it!"

Steven looked nervously between the two men. Universe agreed with Tony, wholeheartedly, but he couldn't help but notice Tarkin's increasingly souring demeanor. From the shared uneasy looks, Steven guessed Stephen and Steve felt the same. "It is only fair. You get our Star Destroyers, we get your suits. That's diplomacy. That's business." This just made Tony angry. "You're not getting my suits because I know what you'll do with them. I've seen first hand what you'll do with them!"

"How we imploy your technology is none of your concern! If you're so short sighted as to allow mere ethical differences to stand in the way of progress-"

"Ethical differences?! Yeah, no, this is a lot more important than ju-"

Tony seemed nearly ready to punch the man when an air piercing snap sounded out across the room. Stark and Tarkin's attention was drawn to the Grand Admiral. "Our differences with The Avengers can wait." He stated. Tarkin raised an eyebrow. "How do you mean?" Thrawn gestured to the large, imposing figure of The Diamond. "We've already reached an agreement with The Diamond Authority. It would be unwise to jeopardize that for a matter that can easily be settled later." Tarkin shot Thrawn a skeptical look, after all, he had the authority to continue the matter if he wished. The Chiss nodded, a silent signal, and the Grand Moff relented. "Very well, then."

Steven let out a sigh he hadn't known he'd been holding, to relieved to care if anyone heard. Then Thrawn kept talking. "However, I would like to propose an arrangement. If technological trade is to take place, I suggest a test be done to understand how different our technologies are." Yellow Diamond shifted her weight from one hand to the other, glad the conversation was at least relevant to her again. "What do you suggest?"

"I suggest a staged battle, between our most common and basic warships." Yellow nodded. "That can be done." Thrawn waved her down. "I'm not quite done." He turned to Steven. "You do have a Peridot with you on Earth, yes?" Steven blinked. "Uh, yes?" Thrawn nodded. "Excellent. That Peridot will be responsible for the Warship's construction, while our Star Destroyer will be built by spare metals found on Raxus Prime. It would be most educational to see how our Empires stack up with limited resources." Yellow looked between Steven and Thrawn curiously. Sceptically even. "Fine. That can be arranged." She finally relented. Tony began to speak when Tarkin cut him off. "It would be unwise to jeopardize the diplomacy of other empires, Mr. Stark. Unless peace is not on your agenda."

Tony glared, but Steven put a hand on his shoulder. It was simply out of their hands.

~

Tony and the Three Steves moved awkwardly on their way back to the ship. "So, what was that about?" Steven asked. "I don't know, but if it's a move made by Thrawn, then I don't like it." Rodgers noted. Strange nodded. "When we get back to the ship, I'll be able to meditate on the issue, but I make no promises. I can only see so far into the future and Thrawn tends to play the long game." The three looked at Tony, who had been unusually silent about the whole thing. They all stopped when Tony did. "When I went up, into space, with the bomb, I saw what I could only describe as death." He started. "I saw power, power we can't hope to beat, or stop, or reason with. And whenever I think about the Empire, about who commands it, I get the same feeling I had when I went into space." He turned back to the headship, just in time to see a Star Destroyer fly away. "That, out there, that's the Endgame. And I don't know what we can do about it."

~

Gem Warship vs Imperial-class Star Destroyer.

High 6-C attacks restricted.

Speed Equalized.

Star Destroyer
vs.
Gem Warship2

AP for the Star Destroyer's turbolasers and ramming is 3.825 Gigatons. I can't seem to find a High 7-A calc for the Gem Warship, so if someone could find it for me, that would be great.

As for Durability, the Gem Warship's dura is 4 gigatons. Star Destroyer has 3.825 Gigatons on it's own, but deflector shields have 368 Gigatons. If the Star Destroyer's deflector shields are up, then the Gem Warship likely has no chance of winning this. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

The Gem Warship's dura is 16 Gigatons actually (Tchnically above 16 as it was undamaged by a 16 gigaton attack), its AP is 4 Gigatons

Star Destroyer deflector shields are only 368 Gigatons via diverting all of their power solely to thir shields, meaning if their dura is amped that high they're turtle shelling and cant attack, and even then it can be brought down with enough bombardment. Deflector Shield dura is normally much lower

Back