• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Forces of Heaven and Hell in an endless skirmish. Round 2 Match 1. John Ward vs Judgement

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Bondage Demon Lady : 0
MORTIS : 0
Incon : 0

Stats equalized
Fight takes place in Vatican City, 5 meters apart

Father Ward set fire to the pumpkin patch and tree, hoping to cleanse this holy city from the forces of evil. While watching over the flames, he received a phone call from Father Garcia, notifying him of the current conditions.

"They've killed another one of us, Ward. I need you to go to the library" the priest said.

John arrived to the library to find it in ruin, the whole building in shambles with freezing marks and chilling air all over the ground. Above him, chunks of the building hang above, being carried by chains. And worse still, he could hear a voice somewhere here.

"Oh, you must be that Ward guy. You've got quite the reputation back at home. At some point in time, most Lucy's minions came back from wherever they were, having been exorcised by a rogue priest. They're punished and observed accordingly but one of them used every single one of their parole meetings begging me to give you his message" the voice explained to Father Ward.
"And what did he want to say to me?" he asked.

From above Judgement descended while sitting on a pair of chains, perverse beats being heard from an unknown source.

"In his words : 'GARY DOESN'T LOVE YOU' ".

Last edited:
Does Mortis really have any... good win-cons? Like how effective are his holy attacks?

At the end of the game, he eventually is able to instantly kill one of the stronger demons in the game by just pointing his cross at it and praying while just doing the former for long enough can kill a demon.

Plus based on the way Judgement likes to restrain people, Ward should be able to subtly point his cross at her as he does put it in his pocket

And while not in his profile, he did survive setting himself alight at the 2:09:06 mark of the video

At the end of the game, he eventually is able to instantly kill one of the stronger demons in the game by just pointing his cross at it and praying while just doing the former for long enough can kill a demon.
Ah, then they should be able to do some damage.
Plus based on the way Judgement likes to restrain people, Ward should be able to subtly point his cross at her as he does put it in his pocket
Maybe? Their arms and hand seem to be fastened pretty tightly to their waist though. Though if she took notice, she's likely to steel the cross from him with a chain.
And while not in his profile, he did survive setting himself alight at the 2:09:06 mark of the video
I'll give him credit for that, but it doesn't seem to be for very long, and I don't know if the fire in question is as hot. I mean, Judgement's flame instantly burned all the skin off The Helltaker's body.

I'll give him credit for that, but it doesn't seem to be for very long, and I don't know if the fire in question is as hot. I mean, Judgement's flame instantly burned all the skin off The Helltaker's body.
If I recall correctly, there was another instance in a previous chapter (When John was far weaker) where getting hit by a similar fire ball burned him to char and left a skeleton behind.
Maybe? Their arms and hand seem to be fastened pretty tightly to their waist though. Though if she took notice, she's likely to steel the cross from him with a chain.
I don't know. It is a holy item and I don't think John has ever lost his cross to a demon. Like at that Gary fight (The red cultist that kept dropping spiders) when John repeatedly drops his cross, Gary never bothers to even do anything about the instant recovery item like try and get it away or something

If I recall correctly, there was another instance in a previous chapter (When John was far weaker) where getting hit by a similar fire ball burned him to char and left a skeleton behind.
One sounds like an attack, the fire in the video linked looks to be fire from some random small altar thing. I would assume the fire's are different temperatures.
I don't know. It is a holy item and I don't think John has ever lost his cross to a demon. Like at that Gary fight (The red cultist that kept dropping spiders) when John repeatedly drops his cross, Gary never bothers to even do anything about the instant recovery item like try and get it away or something
I think here on the wiki we'd chalk up it up to PIS or something, it could also depend on the intelligence of the enemy. But it's not like Judgement needs to make direct contact, they could use a chain to knock it out or pull it out of their hand I reckon.

One sounds like an attack, the fire in the video linked looks to be fire from some random small altar thing. I would assume the fire's are different temperatures.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. In that last boss, John gets hit occasionally though he doesn't die. According to Miriam's page (The final boss), John is given 10 health instead of 1, dying after getting hit 10 times which includes getting hit by her fireballs
I think here on the wiki we'd chalk up it up to PIS or something, it could also depend on the intelligence of the enemy. But it's not like Judgement needs to make direct contact, they could use a chain to knock it out or pull it out of their hand I reckon.
I'll concede on that. Though John usually does have a habit of either listening or conversing with the more vocal demons before a fight so he should be able to keep her eyes away from his cross

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. In that last boss, John gets hit occasionally though he doesn't die. According to Miriam's page (The final boss), John is given 10 health instead of 1, dying after getting hit 10 times which includes getting hit by her fireballs
So like he gets a buff or am I misunderstanding?
I'll concede on that. Though John usually does have a habit of either listening or conversing with the more vocal demons before a fight so he should be able to keep her eyes away from his cross
Fair enough, I have no doubt that Judgement wouldn't immediately take notice of it. Though I think if he ends up getting one hit on her with it, she will notice and then try to take it after realizing how harmful it is to her.

I'd also decrease the starting distance if I were you, the profile says he has several meters of range, but your started them 15 meters apart. Which means Judgement could just gain an ez range dub. I'd suggest like 5 or so meters so he at least has a chance (Though with a rifle, he should have far more than a few meters of range).

So like he gets a buff or am I misunderstanding?
Yeah, that's the point when his faith is at its strongest
I'd also decrease the starting distance if I were you, the profile says he has several meters of range, but your started them 15 meters apart. Which means Judgement could just gain an ez range dub. I'd suggest like 5 or so meters so he at least has a chance (Though with a rifle, he should have far more than a few meters of range).
Sure, 5 meters it is

Yeah, that's the point when his faith is at its strongest
Ah, I feel that may be noteworthy as either a key (Depending on how powerful the final boss is since they can tank attacks from them with their faith at its highest) or as an ability on their profile.

Is the faith like a gradual thing, or is it like a permanent amp? If it's the latter, would we start them off with max faith? If it's the former, I think it'd prolly end bad.
Sure, 5 meters it is
Nice. Should make being able to pull off an attack doable now.

permanent amp?
We haven't seen another Faith game yet to test this but the ending from this boss fight does involve John gaining a resolve. Another ending is followed by him saying something along the lines of "I think my faith will never be as strong as before" so it's probably a permanent amp.

Also when no specifications are present, use the strongest form

Well while I think he can at least get a hit off now, I think Judgement can handily take this through sheer versatility and her chains just being a very reliable win-con even with stats equalized. I don't think there's much they can do against being restrained or pulverized by a rapid fire danmaku of chains. There only viable win-con can also just be snagged from them by Judgement if he even can manage to get a hit off in time before Judgements thought based chains assault him

Well while I think he can at least get a hit off now, I think Judgement can handily take this through sheer versatility and her chains just being a very reliable win-con even with stats equalized. I don't think there's much they can do against being restrained or pulverized by a rapid fire danmaku of chains. There only viable win-con can also just be snagged from them by Judgement if he even can manage to get a hit off in time before Judgements thought based chains assault him
Oh well, that's unfortunate

Back