• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Foiling Each Others Plans (get it?) (ReximusMaximus vs Chanimate) (0-0-0)

ReximusMaximus vs Chanimate

Ground Rules:
  • This is a foil fencing match
  • Both are in-character
    • ReximusMaximus is using his left hand (He's ambidextrous & mainly fences with his left hand)
  • Speed unequal (It's already more-or-less equal anyways)
  • Neither have any prior knowledge on the other
ReximusMaximus is 74.72 Joules with 74.72 - 400 Joules durability while Chanimate is 50 Joules, likely 106 Joules
Either ReximusMaximus has a 1.49x AP advantage or Chanimate has a 1.42x AP advantage

Who Wins?

Rexy: 0 ()
Chanimat3: 0 ()
Mahek_The_Assassin_Silent_Killer: 0 ()

Okay, I'm just about to verify my AP and Attack Speed by having taken videos and doing my own calculations so that we can get the AP sorted out right.

I ended up around 63 joules (I weigh 59 kg, 5.7% of that is 3.363 kg, and have an average punch speed of 6.1 m/s). So you have a 1.19x AP advantage.

Because you have the minor AP advantage, I think my advantage in this is my reach, because with a foil, I end up with a maximum reach (without lunging) of 193.473 cm (my arms reach 83.5 cm out and a foil is 110 cm). We can probably shorten that a little, but it does mean I have over 1.5 meters of reach with a foil. I'm also quite thin, making me hard to hit (that is the thing most people hated about fighting me)

Also, this is a fun hypothetical match up, thanks for doing this
You are welcome
Because you have the minor AP advantage, I think my advantage in this is my reach, because with a foil, I end up with a maximum reach (without lunging) of 193.473 cm (my arms reach 83.5 cm out and a foil is 110 cm). We can probably shorten that a little, but it does mean I have over 1.5 meters of reach with a foil. I'm also quite thin, making me hard to hit (that is the thing most people hated about fighting me)
So you do have a slightly longer reach than me as I have a reach of 181.1 cm with the foil. I think that my main advantage here would be my left-handedness, which is typically more difficult for right handed fencers to face, and that I have decent skill in it, being able to have decent bouts with people that have more experience than me and even win against them occasionally, though it's possible they were somewhat holding back

You are welcome

So you do have a slightly longer reach than me as I have a reach of 181.1 cm with the foil. I think that my main advantage here would be my left-handedness, which is typically more difficult for right handed fencers to face, and that I have decent skill in it, being able to have decent bouts with people that have more experience than me and even win against them occasionally, though it's possible they were somewhat holding back
Okay, but our captain last year was also ambidextrous (at least, he trained with both hands so he could do an Inigo Montoya) and the best fencer in our club was left handed. The best fencer was also short. This is to say, yes, left-handedness is harder for me to fight, but I am not inexperienced in fighting them.

My biggest weakness in fencing is fighting people who don’t move at all. That was hard for me to fight

Back