• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FLCL: Haruko speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is fairly simple. I propose upgrading Haruko to at least low FTL reactions and combat speed. To summarise all the evidence for it:

-Haruko's whole story is that she's chasing Atomsk across the galaxy. We're even shown a shot of her riding her Vespa across the solar system in the very last post-credits scene of the first FLCL series. No set timeframe is given, other than potentially Haruko saying she's 19 years old, but any degree of consistent galctic travel should at minimum be FTL, if not likely MFTL. Haruko can also clearly react while riding her Vespa, given that the post credits scene shows her making turns and she's fully out in the open, and she's used her Vespa for combat before

-Canti's cannon is stated to be lightspeed, and Haruko likely should scale, as she's by and large superior to most other characters in the show and has smashed up Canti before, such as in the manga. I believe she has also reacted to Canti's cannon before, but don't quote me on that.

-In the FLCL light novel, Naoto is stated to have batted away the meteor at "warp speed two", which is 8 times the speed of light. Haruko scales because she's obviously superior to him. Hell, while she was losing, she still managed to contend with Naoto even while he was fully using Atomsk's power.

D8E49F7F-33B6-49A4-8172-1AA10459AFFD

-She has a feat of deflecting lasers which is already on her page. While we don't see them hit anything so we can't confirm if they burn or explode, they do reflect off of Haruko's guitar and are fired from a technological source. I feel like with everything else in mind, it's decently safe to consider these legit lasers, at least as supporting evidence.

There isn't really anything contradicting this either. Haruko never really struggles to react to anything, at least in the original series. She pretty casually slices up bullets without even a proper weapon, and literally glides and laughs pasts an array of bullets directly aimed at her. The only time she has to seriously keep up in combat is against Naoto while he was using all of Atomsk's powers, but given that Atomsk himself is capable of flying across the galaxy, I don't think that means much. If anything the fact that she wasn't blitzed is just further evidence for this. Atomsk would just scale speed wise.

On the matter, upgrading Haruko to FTL would actually upgrade the whole verse, because of the MM Robots that fight her, and everyone but base Naota scales to them (and going by your post, base Naota will get upgraded too).

Yeah, was about to say that. P much everybody would scale to this. The only ones you could argue wouldn't are some of the robots cause Haruko dispatches them fairly easily generally, but it's not like she blitzes them either, so.

Ok, it seems this was accepted, now the actual question is if we should upgrade them to FTL via scaling above Naota or to MFTL+ via scaling to the Vespa constantly flying interstellar distances.

Makes sense. FTL for usual, and MFTL travel/reaction speed with her vespa should suffice.

So everyone gets "FTL combat speed with MFTL+ reactions", while Haruko also gets "MFTL+ travel speed with Vespa".

Wouldn't travelling across the galaxy in brief periods of time warrant "Likely MFTL+" speed levels?

Yeah I'd probs say atm "FTL speeds with MFTL+ reactions" for the cast, and then also "MFTL+ travel speed" for Haruko with her vespa and Atomsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back