• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flash Discussion Thread 2019

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
To discuss the new season of Flash and the show in general

Flash S6

Don't hesitate to discuss the other shows either

So, here we go again. In Episode 2 Barry fights Ultraviolet, who's throwing UV light beams around. He tries to dodge and gets hit. Then Caitlin helpfully tells us than he should run cause her beams travel at (duh) the speed of light, which is *80 times* his top speed.

She did not know about his addled powers due to the Speed Force experiment, so supposedly she was talking about a healthy Barry's speed.

The writers are on crack again.

I absolutely loved this episode. That running through the attack bit was epic

It was actually Gideon who said this

And I would honestly forgive the writers for this scene, Flash only has a few feats above sub-rel, which is what this statement comes out to be

It was actually Gideon who said this

And I would honestly forgive the writers for this scene, Flash only has a few feats above sub-rel, which is what this statement comes out to be

Oh, must have misheard then.

Sure, yeah. I mean, I would have ignored it anyway.

On a side note, Crisis is going to be nuts.

Anyway, Barry already has two powers he needs added.

Forcefield creation:He created a sphere around him that protected him from the black hole. We will have to elaborate that the function of this forcefield is protecting him from gravitational forces

Resistance to anti-matter: He survived the anti-matter with a relatively minor wound, whereas a normal human would have been erased from existance (note that I think the last bit is just about not leaving visible traces behind, not literal EE)

Added a picture finally

also...

Forcefield creation:He created a sphere around him that protected him from the black hole. We will have to elaborate that the function of this forcefield is protecting him from gravitational forces

Resistance to anti-matter: He survived the anti-matter with a relatively minor wound, whereas a normal human would have been erased from existance (note that I think the last bit is just about not leaving visible traces behind, not literal EE)

there's still this

Don't mind me dropping the one statement you guys need to upgrade Supergirl to country level:

S4E08 Bunker Hill

Nia Nal: I... I saw the moment before the gunshot.

The power's never worked like that before.

[STAMMERING] I just knew what to do.

Kara: I guess that makes sense. Our powers are like muscles.

The more we use them, the stronger they get.

Do me a favor and consider Wally's supersonic punch against Music Meister to be country level (maybe), Meister even tanked an attack from Martian Manhunter. Even if he faked it, he would have faked it so that Martian Manhunter's attack and Kid Flash's attack hurt him about the same and none of the characters seemed to think this was inconsistent.

Honestly, even the Low 7-B is kinda generous, I do not think 6-B would at all work for the Flash characters

Anyway, that statement might indeed support 6-B. But I can't say that with too much certainty, kinda stopped watching the show in the middle of season 3

Well ok, but generally Flash is like all over the place, maybe wait to see what happens in crisis on infinite earths? Eobard said that he beat Superman and maybe that'll happen in crisis.

I guess I'll handle the Supergirl revision then?

You can create a thread for it, would be better to get other people's opinions

Andytrenom said:
Anyway, Barry already has two powers he needs added.

You guys think it's fun ignoring me?

Have you seen Sonic threads?

I'd want to check it out but idk who the antagonist is when it comes to the antimatter crisis and I don't want to know yet.

In my opinion, the new powers seem fine. Though I'd place the forcefield part as an extension of his aura. Also, I think he could have resistance to gravity manipulation, as "the Speed Force is a billion times stronger than any gravimetric force."

Well, I don't know if it should be listed as resistance if he's using a forcefield to defend against the gravimetric force. I feel elaborating on what the forcefield does would be best and writing it as resistance may give the wrong idea that Barry in general resists being affected by high gravity

Hey everyone so I was wondering, could Malcolm Merlyn have Low 7-B arrows during Legends of Tomorrow? I think it's likely that either Eobard or he himself made arrows that are sharp enough to hurt the Legends including Firestorm, they (him and Damien) even used guns that were able to damage the Waverider a few moments prior yet considered their own equipment to be superior. If we assume Malcolm always had these arrows then it might scale to Oliver but not sure about that.

Low 7-B Oliver? Yeah, I don't think that's happening lol. Not unless you are referring to Ollie's arrows rather than his physicality which still take hits from Merlin's arrows a few times I believe.

Yeah no only Ollie's arrows and even then this might only apply to LoT Malcolm. Even if Malcolm had these arrows all along and Oliver took hits from them it wouldn't even scale since Malcolm would need to hit something lethal to kill him in the first place and everything that he did hit just didn't tank the attack, kinda like Thanos and Stormbreaker but on a lesser scale.

Unless the arrows were actually stated to be special, I'm inclined to believe it's just another one of CW's inconsistencies

Well Oliver can kill his Earth-X self with one arrow so that's something. Merlyn also has/had a vault will all sorts of weapons and is a genius.

Also got this from Malcolm's Arrowverse wiki page:

Malcolm created and designs his arrows himself. The arrows he used have arrow heads with three "Teflon-coated titanium blades" on each arrow, with the blades serrated for splitting bones, and the shaft itself is made of "specialized polymer stronger than typical carbon fiber". As such, it is safe to assume that the arrows he uses are deadlier than those used by The Arrow.

I don't think any of that justifies a feat as high as low 7-B

I never said I was in support of Low 7-B

If you read my comment you'll notice I suggested higher with arrows

Apparently the laser guns that the Legion of Doom used is also used by Star Labs guards in the future. Maybe they have some impressive feats?

Also Black Flash took the effort of grabbing Malcolm's arrow and Damien's knife instead of just letting it bounce of of him if it were regular arrows

Malcolm and Damien also state this isn't their first scary speedster they had to put in their place and Damien also successfully killed Flash in Doomworld.

Black Flash seems to just act on instincts and react to things moving at high speeds, without even being able to identify things properly (as evident from Eobard fooling him just by standing still), I wouldn't use him catching arrows and knives thrown at him as evidence of them being legitimately dangerous to him

I'm pretty sure that statement is just a snarky allusion to how they managed to successfully corner Eobard, and Darhk has his magic in doomworld on top of Flash's death being entirely off-screen, with no explanation as to what precisely happened, that's not good support for low 7-B arrows

@Hellbeast The way you worded your comment made it seem it like you were adding on to green's argument, but okay, higher with arrows is likely fine

Yeah I guess 9-A physically and with explosive arrows, higher with regular arrows for taking down a Mirakuru soldier and oneshotting his Earth-X self is fine then.

I'd say higher with arrows in general

Though that reminds me, have we called Cyrus' feat of smashing a titanium roller door?

Well the reason why his explosive arrows can't be higher is because he scales from them (explosive arrows = 9-A << certain container < Mirakuru Roy > Green Arrow), I don't really have a problem with him scaling to season 1 Flash but you do so this is the only 9-A feat we can both agree on.

I mean the Mirakuru gang are above those aren't they (like I think Roy busted something not even those arrows could take out)

Back