• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing Potential Issues in Bowser's Page (aka The Great Conspiracy Against Bowser)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Bowser's original plan (at least according to the official translations) was to create a galaxy with it, I have no qualms in rating the Grand Star (individually) as Galaxy level.

Bump.

To summarize the discussion:

1. We are not using the explanation from the guide. This will get rid of the current Low 2-C justification for the Grand Star.

2. Bowser tanking the explosion has to be removed from the profile.

3. There is not sufficient evidence for Bowser scaling to the full power of the Grand Star, since he has no feats on anywhere near its level and gets knocked out by comparatively much much low-powered attacks. He also wasn't able to handle the pure energy of it before.

I am awaiting Gyro's response on the Grand Star's actual rating, but it seems like it will be at least Galaxy level given that it created a galaxy, which was the plan the entire time, and it scales above the Lumas.

Thank you for helping out. So I suppose that Bowser will go back to 4-A then?

Please wait for Gyro.

Also i made some valid posts and seem to have been completely disregarded.

Literally don't see how he can't fully scale at all. I even gave proof he was absorbing most of their power and then in 2 went on to absorb power from Rosalina and her Observatory as well.

Endgame Galaxy 2 Bowser was literally juiced up on some power from 114 Power Stars, and 7 Grand Stars.

But no, let's write this off because we apparently have to assume "no he was only using a fraction of their power for some arbitrary reason when all context says otherwise!"

Hopefully Gyro can actually be acknowledged

I even gave proof he was absorbing most of their power and then in 2 went on to absorb power from Rosalina and her Observatory as well.

Endgame Galaxy 2 Bowser was literally juiced up on some power from 114 Power Stars, and 7 Grand Stars.
I checked your earlier comments, but you didn't seem to provide any proof of these statements. If you have some video link where Bowser is seen absorbing all of their power and such, that would be appreciated.

But no, let's write this off because we apparently have to assume "no he was only using a fraction of their power for some arbitrary reason when all context says otherwise!"
Only because if he's absorbed a power that is galaxy level, then he hasn't shown any feat on that level, or even at any lower level that is comparable. He only throws rocks and gets defeated by those rocks. If there were some feat or statement, I wouldn't be making any arguments on that front. Plus, Bowser getting burned by the pure energy is something that directly contradicts the claim. Moreover, you said when the Grand Star's power is sucked completely, they lose their shine. But the one Bowser absorbed had all it's shine afterwards anyway.

Anyway, we need to write an explanation section in the Mario Bros verse page regarding why we do not accept some Low 2-C feats.

It's already moved onto another thread lol
I'd still like your input on Dino's comment about the Grand Star.

Anyway, we need to write an explanation section in the Mario Bros verse page regarding why we do not accept some Low 2-C feats.
Well, there's only one valid Low 2-C feat and that is being handled in another thread.

Okay, but to plan ahead for other revisions that repeat all of the debunked Low 2-C feats, I would much prefer if we create a section in the verse page that debunks them with explanations.
Will this suffice

• After multiple extensive discussions, it has been decided that any Low 2-C feats within the Mario Bros. franchise should be deemed as either outliers, as they are infinitely above the series' normal displayed level of power, or as illegitimate feats.
  • Don’t attempt to upgrade the Black Jewel to Universe level+, as the celestial bodies contained within its pocket realm are not actual celestial bodies.
  • Avoid attempting to upgrade the Grand Stars to Universe level+ based on the Super Mario Galaxy: Prima Official Game Guide claiming Bowser’s plan was to collapse and recreate the universe. This is contradictory to the game’s actual plot line and as such has been disregarded in accordance to our Canon rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. It seems mostly fine, but a bit more extensive explanations would be better.

• Don’t attempt to upgrade the Black Jewel to Universe level+, as the celestial bodies contained within its pocket realm are not actual celestial bodies.
  • Avoid attempting to upgrade the Grand Stars to Universe level+ based on the Super Mario Galaxy: Prima Official Game Guide claiming Bowser’s plan was to collapse and recreate the universe. This is contradictory to the game’s actual plot line and as such has been disregarded in accordance to our Canon rules.
A discussion rule should be sufficient in my opinion, but if you want to place these as notes in the verse page, well, I have no opinion on that (these things should be common sense).

Well, it would be convenient with explanations in the verse page in order to avoid future repetition.

I don't think these rules are necessary. The Black Jewel already gone under revisions and really isn't discussed all that much beforehand. Plus, despite the huge debate a few weeks ago, Wario World as a whole is a rather niche game and people seemed to be already over it. We already have a set of rules for how the canon works that applies to all fiction for reference. We only add verse-specific rules when there's a recurring problem or topic after modifications, not as soon as we made them. Let's wait and see how the wiki goes after the changes were made. As stated before, it's a matter of common sense.

Last edited:
Okay then. I prefer to take safety precautions though.

Probably not, since the blast itself is not Low 2-C anymore.

I think we can go ahead with the changes. Thread seems kinda dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back