• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fist of the North Star General CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The exceptional allowance for taking fluffy names literally in this particular verse seems dangerous as the practice of the North Star Fist itself.

For the Liu Zongwu feat can you quote that scan for me once more?

I already talked about the quintillion punch, it is a massive outlier, is high into MFTL+ even if his arms were a millimeter long.

That is not even a lightning feat. Just someone being able to charge electric sparks at his fist.

All other fiction's lightning or laser dodging feats will not include that "thunder punch".

And that "One hundred quintillion punches" is a statement at best, a hyperbole likely, a bluff at worst.

(Sadly) the thousand fist attack is the closest thing other than the cloud splitting punch as a speed feat.
I wouldn't say one hundred quintillion punches is an hyperbole, names of techniques are always literal in HnK universe. But it is an outlier nevertheless.

Last edited:
The exceptional allowance for taking fluffy names literally in this particular verse seems dangerous as the practice of the North Star Fist itself.
TBF, 99.9% of technique names in HnK are literal 1:1 explanations of what the attack does, to the point of almost being comical, flowery language is borderline non-existent and when it is it's very, VERY obvious, like the one that's like "attack of the universal destruction" or some shit
For the Liu Zongwu feat can you quote that scan for me once more?
It's in the "Travel speed" section of the OP

Also, I'm just gonna bring up a thing I realized, the Raoh calc, the cloud pierce one, kinda misses the fact that Raoh also caused a HUGE split (the hole is almost puny in comparison) right next to the hole, that split is not included in the calc, and I'm pretty sure it would be a massive upgrade

quantify and discuss the Lightning feat and come to a definitive conclusion about the quintillion-attacks thing and the SOL statement

Please elaborate/explain better. I do not remember.

The OP shows a very clear lightning feat that would scale to the whole verse and might constitute an upgrade, we need to discuss/calc it

We need to come to a conclusion regarding a feat where a certain character attacks "100 quintillion times" in 1 pannel. We have to consider if the name of the technique is a bluff (basically impossible) an hyperbole (highly unlikely) or an outlier, because this feat would almost certainly be MFTL

We need to asses a statement from a character who outright states that he can punch "at the speed of light", it means little by itself, but if we consider the previous point valid...

The OP shows a very clear lightning feat that would scale to the whole verse and might constitute an upgrade, we need to discuss/calc it

We need to come to a conclusion regarding a feat where a certain character attacks "100 quintillion times" in 1 pannel. We have to consider if the name of the technique is a bluff (basically impossible) an hyperbole (highly unlikely) or an outlier, because this feat would almost certainly be MFTL

We need to asses a statement from a character who outright states that he can punch "at the speed of light", it means little by itself, but if we consider the previous point valid...
100% an outlier

As I said, there is a SOL statement already, and the lightning feat might very well be relativistic. Add to this the fact that the current speed feat was literally performed by a dying character, so if anything it's a massive low-end, even base, non-Tenryū Kokyū Hō Ken would scale MASSIVELY above it

also I don't really get the idea of "outlier" being a valid argument in and of itself, without counter-feats to back it up but that's besides the point

Thank you for the summary. I will check for members to notify about this thread.

This in particular. Most of the OP has already been debunked

Even if the characters scale masisvely above relativistic and ftl, it would still be a outlier, this is 100% MFTL+ even if we give it a ridiculous timeframe and shrink the dudes arms.

Do we have a confirmation that it is the technique's actual name and not some localization thing?

If this is solely based on the name then I don't think it's acceptable.
The technique also shows a multitude of hits coming out at the same time, more than any other ever previously shown. It's also worth mentioning that almost every single technique which mentions the number of hits is literal and very precise in HNK, for instance, Hyoh has an attack whose name implies him throwing 1109 hits at the same time and it literally consists of him hitting 1109 pressure points at the same time

Is there much else to be discussed here? I said it was probably an outlier and that calc could look at the lightning feat.

Is there much else to be discussed here?
Not much, the lightning feat, and possibly the stuff I brought up previously about the Raoh cloud-piercing calc and the waterfall feat.

What about the SOL statement? Are we also gonna consider that an outlier?

I don’t really have that much of an opinion from the last time I commented.

Just whatever is being discussed at this point that’s acceptable to go forth with and finish it off on.

If this is solely based on the name then I don't think it's acceptable.

Yamamoto from Bleach has a technique with a name that implies he can resurrect a trillion corpses... but we only ever see him with like a couple dozen at most. Names can be very hyperbolic.
I concur.

What about the Raoh feat? I brought up how the calc ignores a huge split caused by Raoh alongside the hole

Also, has anybody ever calc'd Ken casually reverting a waterfall in 1 panel?
These 2 I can see if anyone calc it (I made a calc request)

Last edited:
I concur.
Eh i can agree that it's an outlier, but I personally think the number of attacks is correct, after all, we already take "their word" for attacks such as the Senju Kai Ken and the Hyoh one, where the number stated in the technique is actually accurate, I don't see why we should not accept this one in particular, especially when we actually shown that the attacks coming out are significantly more than those from other attacks.

What about the lightning feat tho?

Also, shouldn't the priority be 1? I'm pretty sure the Raoh one would scale to most of the cast safe, like, Jagi, as Raoh was weaker than his 30% form when he performed it, and thus pre-Musou Tensei Ken should scale to it, since he was stated by Raoh himself to already be strong enough to beat him, and he would have lost due to a technicality and skill gap

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here.

@Jasonsith

Do you have any updates?
Working IRL.

Will pick a time to calculate maybe some of the feats listed in my own request thread.

Nonetheless... The waterfall pushing feat seems not very impressive. That could imply lifting with telekinesis, hydrokinesis, or just holding a ki blast to push the falling water back.
Unless I have further scans showing the waterfall flowing back to where they fall from.

hy-hydrokinesis? Ken never showed hydrokinesis, what he did was revert it with his ki, if you want to apply it to LS instead of AP, fine, but there's simply no way it's hydrokinesis

unfortunately the scans I've shown are all we have, after that the waterfall is neither mentioned nor seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back