• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire(Natsu Dragneel) Vs Wind(Yuno Grinberryall) 0-0-0

On the AP, if it’s an issue, you can make it X793 Natsu and restrict them to 6-C stuff. For the X792 scaling, Natsu (one shots) >>> Enchanted Neinhart (unaffected by) >>> Brandish (far stronger than) >> Makarov (stronger than) > Wraith (harmed) = Natsu with barely any magic > Natsu with no magic (tanked) > 4 gigatons. Might be a higher number than just baseline 6-C but it’s 1am for me so ….

For the heat feats, BoS Natsu’s passive heat melts steel that touches him and creates updrafts that disperse air magic stronger than his. In this key he passively turns a giant stone stadium to liquid rock in seconds, vapes sand with his flames (a feat comparable to lightning in temp which is 20,000 degrees), and instantly vapes a lake by just powering up into FDKM (doesn’t actually hit it himself).

On the power null, Natsu can burn away magic much stronger than his own like against Zero who was clapping his cheeks and burning away all of FH which is infinite magic (note that I am not saying it’s output High 3-A, just that it does have that much magic).
I don't even think sand can be vaporized to being with , at least not irl
Can you send your sources

Here ya go.

A bunch of other stuff that says lightning vapes sand too. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
I will bring up the links who says that sand does not vaporize when i got myself sometime

What i can say for now is that
1: sand by default becomes glass at around 1700 celsius
2: calculating heat scaling from lightning temperature is never a good idea that is not how lightning works

Last edited:
I will bring up the links who says that sand does not vaporize when i got myself sometime

1: sand by default becomes glass at around 2300 celsius
2: calculating heat scaling from lightning temperature is never a good idea that is not how lightning works
I mean I don't really see the issue, Natsu can vaporize sand, which something as hot as lightning can do

So Natsu's Base Fire being Lightning Temperature makes complete sense

I mean I don't really see the issue, Natsu can vaporize sand, which something as hot as lightning can do

So Natsu's Base Fire being Lightning Temperature makes complete sense
I will do a bit more of explaining later, but yeah lightning temperature ain't so cut and dry , neither are the mechanics of how sand interacts with heat
Ps: will update my comment above with new information in the near future

Saying lightning can’t vape sand is pointless as that just means that Natsu’s fire is even hotter.
1: sand by default becomes glass at around 2300 celsius
You also can’t say that lightning temp doesn’t work for scaling when we know it’s temperature and that said temperature transfers through the sand and causes it to fuse. If it does that but doesn’t vaporise it, then it isn’t hot enough.

Saying lightning can’t vape sand is pointless as that just means that Natsu’s fire is even hotter.

You also can’t say that lightning temp doesn’t work for scaling when we know it’s temperature and that said temperature transfers through the sand and causes it to fuse. If it does that but doesn’t vaporise it, then it isn’t hot enough.
Will explain better later
Point one : the point one is not saying that lightning can't vaporize sand, is that sand cannot be vaporized on a conventional sense but i will go more over that sooner or later

Point two: lightning temperature does not work for scaling due to how lightning works in real life
also gonna go in detail asap

(Don't know about you fuse-horary but here it his pretty late, and since i got work and college probrably only gonna be able to explain on the weekend)

Last edited:
I was about to go on a ******* dissertation on why scaling anything to lightning heat is dumb but them i remembered how to read with uncle rufus , and realized that according to the sources listed by Blank sand vaporizes at 3000 Celsius which is very consistent considering the difference in heat you need to melt or vaporize other substances as an example iron melts at 1538 and vapes at 2862 , so sand melting at 1700 and vaping at 3000 makes more sense

so basically FDKDF≥ FDK≥ 3000 CELSIUS

while yuno has a very long scaling chain of resisting regular fire temperature:

full spirit dive ( boreas) ≥ elf spirit dive yuno ≥ spirit dive yuno≥ mana skin yuno ≥ base yuno=asta fire resistence = ladros ≥ third eye salamander ≥ grow salamander ≥ baby salamander ( regular fire level aka 1300 C )

yuno got a larger scaling chain, but natsu has a far higher heat baseline, therefore since natsu has a harder number he should have the advantage in a
heat vs heat resistence competition

Back