• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy VII upgrades Part 2?

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
"The supernova was legit.

First off, it's directly stated to be part of Sephiroth's arsenal:

http://oi41.tinypic.com/htgtax.jpg

http://oi40.tinypic.com/u7p5g.jpg

Translations here:

http://thelifestream.net/lifestream-projects/translations/523/sephiroth-character-profile-p76-81/

"Something is summoned forth by Sephiroth when both of his hands are raised. A meteor appears, destroying the planets of the solar system one by one. The meteor crashes in the sun, and because of this impact the sun starts to swell. It erupts in a Supernova, everything around is engulfed in the tremendous shock wave."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTc9sLmOR0A

It says that it's Sephiroth's summon. So now....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niyWrBaWlSQ

I present Ifrit's encounter in Crisis Core, Zack is pulled into an alternate dimension once Ifrit is summoned. This explains why summons like Bahamut Fury can destroy the moon and Supernova can destroy the solar system multiple times. This is also addressed in the ultimania, if I recall correctly.

This can not be considered an outlier for Sephiroth either as this is the first time canonically that Sephiroth showed up. As everyone knows that the Sephiroth chased throughout the entirety of Final Fantasy VII is actually Jenova, mimicking his form. Crisis Core also does not contradict this, because Sephiroth's entire body is literally disintegrated in Crisis Core. He surfs the lifestream for 5 years becoming more powerful and learning all the knowledge of the Cetra. He then rebuilds his body from pure lifestream and Jenova Cells. I have also heard the argument that Supernova only works in his own dimension, which basically means it's not like he had the area of effect to destroy earth (only the attack potency) without black materia anyways

So how did weaker members (Read: everybody not named Cloud or Vincent) survive it? Well, it's simple. According to On The Way To A Smile, materia output is determined by willpower:

http://thelifestream.net/lifestream...-smile-case-of-yuffie-translation-by-xcomp/3/

As cheesy as it sounds, Cloud's willpower was great enough to resist the supernova and protect his teammates.

Just to make it even more painfully clear that summons are not "herp derp game mechanics" here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/MWQ29QC.png

^Comprehensive analysis on why supernova is legitimate

And was only not used before mainly due to outlier status"

This got me wondering, if it's a new, seperate star each time then how come it isn't legitimate?

Hmm. Maybe. The strange part is that the sun remains in the sky and the planet he is standing on looks fine every time after he uses it, which leans towards game mechanics. On the other hand, if an official description states that it is part of his arsenal, I suppose that leans credence to the claim. Let's wait to see what the other admins think?

Btw: Don't use the kind of formatting that you used above with lots of empty lines (that I had to adjust) in the future. It makes the post much harder to follow.

I'm kinda torn on this one. I feel it should be legit because it's officially stated as something he can do, but...destroying the solar system like...five times in one battle does make it seem a bit odd.

That is my point as well. And how does the party remain standing afterwards?

im on the same stance with Ant and Azathoth on this one

the feat itself would not make sense but yet it is something he can offically do

ill read through it again and pay more attention to detail

hmm

am i getting this right

from the information is it saying Sephiroth when performing the supernova takes his enemies into a seperate universe where he then destoys the star which causes a supernova then after it brings them back into the main universe

well then if Cloud really can protect his teammates from it then i guess i can support the upgrade

EDIT: disregard this and look at my later posts

Wait a minute. Is it explicitly stated that Sephiroth takes them to a separate universe to perform the attack?

well this is one part i was going to bring up

it does say on the last link that summon beasts are the summons that pull people into a pocket universe

Well, technically that was referring to summoned beasts, not a meteorite somehow causing a supernova.

Eh, Were kinda overpowering or wanking if we updated more to solar system level.

Hell, Most of people think it's non-canon with the fact Sephiroth like use that attack many times in the game if he wants and Sephiroth would have end the game story already if he used it as well.

So i don't think i'll agree on this.

So he can take people to many universes as many times he wants then?

Why didn't do that to the them in the first place?

Also one of the party members is a dog. I don't know if all of them has solar system level in DC and etc (Which sounds stupid to me)

it does say something about Cloud's willpower keeps his party safe

although the summon thing is still questionable because it only says when a summoned beast comes the enemy are summoned into a pocket universe and im pretty sure a meteor isn't a beast

@Antvasima Sorry about that.

Also, I don't think it would be Solar System if he triggered the supernova, that's more of a result of it going off. The energy output of a star similar to our own going supernova would be about 1.2 Foe, or Large Star Level, I would imagine, and the star Sephiroth does this to seems similar to our own. However, there's also the fact that that force is sort of spread out, so it might be less than that even?

Undylan said:
So he can take people to many universes as many times he wants then?
Why didn't do that to the them in the first place?

Also one of the party members is a dog. I don't know if all of them has solar system level in DC and etc (Which sounds stupid to me)
Because reasons.

Why doesnt Scorpion just instantly throw people in the Netherrealm and beat them there? Because he just sort of... doesn't. Also, scaling the entire party isn't legit. I wasn't implying that. At all.

Hmm. I am still uncertain.

I as well unless we go by the assumption that the summon of the meteor works the same as a summon as a beast in the sense that Seph does send his enemies into the pocket universe where he causes a Supernova

Also, isn't a supernova equivalent to the of our own star 1 Foe per definition? Or have I misunderstood? 4500 times the energy of a regular supernova sounds suspect.

As did I, until I stumbled upon the calcs from the original upgrade thread and was reminded of this one.

Well, it is stated to be a part of Sephiroth's arsenal, it has a reason why the party survives it and the whole dimension drawing thing is officially stated as well. As far as I am aware, the only thing that prevents this from being legitimate is how we don't know if Sephiroth did the same thing while fighting Cloud and the others (Though considering how he can do the attack anyway, I'm leaning towards it being legit).

Also, this may not mean much, but it is accepted on the OBD.

i am leaning towards it being legit but again that beast summoning thing still makes it unsure in of itself

Well this clears a lot of my past skepticism up. But I am still not entirely sure what to make of this...

Perhaps if all else fails, we can put "Likely Star level?"

Perhaps, but as I mentioned before, there's a calc that puts it in the kiloFoe range, which is Solar System level.

Back