• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fighting With Brawn And Brain (Bruce Banner vs. Son Goku) (Voting Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Don't blame me for this. Zark twisted my arm for this.

Today was just an ordinary day for Bruce Banner. He was in an unmarked S.H.I.E.L.D. owned laboratory, working on some new security technology to prevent more supervillains from breaking into Avengers Tower, when all of a sudden, his roof was obliterated by a falling object, leaving him only seconds to dive away before the area he was just stationed at was simply annihilated, destroying at least two weeks worth of work. Out of the rubble, a man dressed in orange emerged, dusting himself off and laughing about the wanton destruction he caused. Bruce could feel the Hulk clawing at him in his usual rage, but he fought off the urge to prevent any unnecessary destruction of his own. Instead, he rushed and began to gather equipment, which he had luckily had transported to this location just in case, and just as the man began to float and was about to soar away, Bruce called out and wanted payback for his lab. A smirk on his, the man descended back to the ground assuming a fighting position, saying that he was always ready for a good fight. The two squared off, and then they launched into battle.

In the blue corner, we have Bruce Banner from Marvel Comics, and in the red corner, we have the manga version of Son Goku from Dragon Ball.

Hulk Bruce Banner MC TR
Dragon Ball Super Manga Son Goku (Render)
-This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed any outside help.

-Thus battle takes place on the outskirts of New York City, giving Bruce the home-court advantage.

-Goku is limited to his Base and normal Super Saiyan forms, and Bruce has all of his Optional Equipment.

-Speed is equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Bruce Banner: 12 (Zark2099, Joaco0902, Soupywolf5, The real cal howard, Oliver de jesus, Litentric Teon, Duedate8898, Lord JJJ, Davidsteel1, Omegas03, Adem Warlock69, Drite77)

Son Goku: 0

Inconclusive: 0

YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY finally matches for Bruce Banner key which I totally didn't influence.

Ah well, for starters Bruce scales above base Hulk by a margin with his 4-B equipment, and can only be KO'd this matchup as that's the only wincon against him that he can't counter.

BannerTech devices give him more variety which he will readily use and his armor, gloves and forcefields would allow him to keep up with Goku in a one-on-one combat by a decent enough margin to gain distance.

I don't think Goku has any reason to BFR here? He wouldn't back away from a fight like this and Banner can always teleport back regardless.

I'll refrain from voting currently to let any supporters counter I suppose.

In regards to the match, is there really any reason Banner wouldn't immediately attempt to give Goku a stroke?

He would, but it's a bot that would attempt to latch onto Goku, he can reasonably blast it off

A forcefield that completely ignores attacks from the Hulk and crew who can stat amp continously AND absorbs the strength of the opponents.

I think it's like what, Sentry level?

Read the profiles lol.

Against physical attacks, and no given limit.

I like that you're not asking a single thing Banner can do.

>tfw ******* mafuba is being argued

Excuse me what the **** when is that ever in character? And isn't it only applicable to evil beings?

If Banner's forcefield is that powerful, and can absorb the strength of the opponents, then the main thing that Goku can do is fire ki blasts. But ki blasts can be easily avoided.

I'll wait to cast a proper vote. But I'm currently leaning towards Banner for the forcefield alone. It completely invalidates Goku's up close game. Minus any up close ki attacks.

Wait, Ki Blasts are Valid then I don't see what's stopping Goku from just unleashing a massive Danmakku upon Banner.

"The Mafuba requires a suitable container to seal the target into and drains a large amount of ki, the latter of which could kill him if he lacks sufficient ki"

Yeah, thats not happening

And I appreciate you just think that Banner just stands there and takes hits.

The guy can teleport behind him and carries a feckin arsenal of bio manip, freeze gg, electricity shock gg, and **** that, has massive AoE with the Calypso Satellite.

>The Mafuba doesn't work on good beings.

It was used on Kami. And in the DBS Anime Turtle and Vegeta.

>Implying the Mafuba is going to be used at all.

Unless you give Goku prep time and bloodlust him, that ain't gonna happen. Also to add Bruce isn't an inminent threat to earth or the universe so Goku has less reasons to use it. He actually prefers to engage in an actual match so no, 0% Mafuba Chance.

The piccolo scan was of him sealing Kami with the Mafuba to prove it works on good people too.

Anyway, I only brought up Mafuba because you originally made it sound like Goku couldn't touch him. If he can hit him with Ki Blasts then forget about Mafuba, Banner needs to worry about the massive amounts of Ki Blasts Goku will be dishing out.

Why are people even bringing Mafuba? I mean, it would be something that Future Trunks or Roshi would definitely use given the situation but Goku has 0% chance to use it in an actual battle.

Anyways just because folks are just giving horrendous reasoning for the sake of making an FRA-able scenario, I'm voting for Banner for my reasoning stated in the first comment

There have just been a ridiculous amount of DB vs. Marvel/DC matches recently

The Hulk, but not really FRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back