• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fight of the Fiery Guardians (Alphonse vs. Blaze) (Voting Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
It was another peaceful day in the village of Vellie. While Otus and the rest of his pals decided to take a well-earned rest, Alphonse was restless, and decided to take a walk within the nearby Vellie Caves. While in there, he noticed a bunch of text on the walls, writings from the Ancient Owls themselves, and noticed a small piece of stone sticking out of the wall, shaped in a perfect square. Pressing the indent caused a hole to open up, revealing a strange, black obelisk set within the center of a small outlet of the cave system, which honestly looked more like a doorway due to it's hollowed out center.

Pulling out his shotgun and lighting the end to use as a light, he took a closer look at the structure. However, he apparently got too close with his flame, as the portal reacted instantly and immediately filled with a strange purple energy like nothing Alphonse has ever seen before. What was even stranger was despite there being nothing else in the room, a strange being floated out of the portal, a fiery being with four flaming rods circling it. Immediately recognizing the danger he was in, Alphonse readied his shotgun to fire just as the creature began to toss a series fireballs at him, and the battle had begun!

In the blue corner, we have Alphonse from Owlboy, and in the red corner, we have the Blaze from Minecraft.

ncuy7d2fhxe51.jpg

a940b6bdc5f9dd4a309e173807cb23d2.png

• This is a fight to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
  • Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.
  • Neither character are allowed any outside help.
  • This fight takes place in the Vellie Caves, giving Alphonse the home-field advantage.
  • Speed is equalized.
With all this being said, let the debate begin!

• Alphonse gets a Blaze Rod: 7 (Mr._Bambu, Waka1979, I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die, Popted2, Peppersalt43, Sonicflare9, Armorchompy)
  • The Blaze gets a new hat: 1 (Garchomp777)
  • No one gets anything: 0

Last edited:
I mean

Alphonse should really take it, no? Blazes aren't like skilled fighters or anything, so any skill on the side of the opponent spells out a fairly easy victory in my book.

I mean, sure. But the AP advantage and fire resistance on the Blaze's side should keep things fairly even.

Still, I'll count the vote.

eh. AP difference is less than 3x, and again, we're looking at a totally unskilled fighter with one type of attack vs someone with at least some credible skill to his name. Even if a bit of Alphonse's damage is from fire, it ain't all fire. My vote stands.

Flight isn't really a huge advantage though, given Alphonse has tens of meters of range and a blaze has literally never gotten out of that range with me. I also don't know what "superior fire" means lol.

I will count your vote, but yes, what do you mean by "superior fire?" That's kinda vague.

Blaze isn't as skilled but it's stronger and it seems that Alphonse's explosion manipulation has short range can they hit it from the range it flies at I am also not sure if Alphonse's fire can harm the blaze at all given stronger fire doesn't

As I said, and as the page says, Alphonse's range is tens of meters. His explosions are not his sole means of dealing damage, man has a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back