• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fear manipulation or social influencing for the hunter

So we know the hunter can mimic the calls or sounds of various dinosaurs but

By making a call he can actually cause the animals to run away

• Tyrannosaurus produce a terrifying bone-shaking nightmarish roar when communicating; using the call horn will cause all other dinosaur species to flee in fear, while drawing in Tyrannosaurus from long distances away. This call has the farthest usable range in attracting prey. When it gets ready to charge, it's roar sounds similar to the death sound of the Tyrannosaurus. The Tyrannosaurus call is similar to the the call of a Tyrannosaurus Rexfrom Jurassic World.

It should Be noted that in the games by making a animal Call of a carnivore species you actually make the ambients of the game run away in fear.

I’m not sure if this fear or social influencing

I’m not sure if this will affect all my matches but I don’t see him use it in-character unless he’s trying to hunt an animal that matches the sound he’s mimicking.

Unless he were bloodlusted

So even if he had knowledge and prep since he would still be in-character I don’t think he’d use it

So we know the hunter can mimic the calls or sounds of various dinosaurs but

By making a call he can actually cause the animals to run away

• Tyrannosaurus produce a terrifying bone-shaking nightmarish roar when communicating; using the call horn will cause all other dinosaur species to flee in fear, while drawing in Tyrannosaurus from long distances away. This call has the farthest usable range in attracting prey. When it gets ready to charge, it's roar sounds similar to the death sound of the Tyrannosaurus. The Tyrannosaurus call is similar to the the call of a Tyrannosaurus Rexfrom Jurassic World.

It should Be noted that in the games by making a animal Call of a carnivore species you actually make the ambients of the game run away in fear.

I’m not sure if this fear or social influencing
It's just social influencing, fear manipulation means you're using a supernatural way to induce fear. Don't know what type of social influencing tho

This is SI at best from what I can see. Really depends on if the opponent is afraid of dinosaurs or at least the sounds of potentially dangerous predators.
Tbh I don’t really see how he would use it in a fight unless he were bloodlusted but in the two matches he was bloodlusted in, are those two afraid of those sounds?

Can you link those matches? Hunter has too many lol.

Only times he was bloodlusted barring removed matches

Only times he was bloodlusted barring removed matches
Yeah, I don't see either of them being scared. At best they might be startled but it's not like it'll cause them to run away or tremble in fear.

Yeah, I don't see either of them being scared. At best they might be startled but it's not like it'll cause them to run away or tremble in fear.
That said given if he’s given prior knowledge and prep, I don’t think he would use it @AThe1412

Given in-character he uses it to hunt dinosaurs. I think scaring enemies is just a byproduct of that

We’ve never seen him purposefully trying to scare enemies away

So it seems OOC for him to do that.

So I guess I could say not combat applicable

Or given it’s social influencing it’s generally non-applicable by default is it?

That said given if he’s given prior knowledge and prep, I don’t think he would use it @AThe1412

Given in-character he uses it to hunt dinosaurs. I think scaring enemies is just a byproduct of that

We’ve never seen him purposefully trying to scare enemies away

So it seems OOC for him to do that.

So I guess I could say not combat applicable

Or given it’s social influencing it’s generally non-applicable by default is it?
I mean, it can be useful depending on the opponent. He can intentionally alert enemies to his location like he does with dinos and lure them into a trap. If they happen to be scared then he can capitalize on that.

I mean, it can be useful depending on the opponent. He can intentionally alert enemies to his location like he does with dinos and lure them into a trap. If they happen to be scared then he can capitalize on that.
We’ve never seen him do that in the games I’m afraid.

It’s mostly getting dinosaur your targeting to your location. So I think unless he’s bloodlusted and OOC he won’t use it.

If his enemy is a dinosaur however I could see him using it

Back