• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate Stay Night Speed

OK so FS/N and Servants in general just got a really good upgrade. Calc looks good and is supported with at least two other instances. However, I want to re-add At Least Hypersonic+ and specify that they have MHS Combat/Reactions.

This is because most servants don't actually have that fast travel speed. Enkidu is a special case, his attack speed is also his movement speed. We can see this by calcing Archer's shot at the bridge from 4 km away. Hrunting combined with Archer's bow and superhuman strength can canonically go up to Mach 10; however, a rough calc brings this up to Mach 20-26 (look at the video and roughly timed it). Not even a servant can outright outrun Archer's arrows. They can easily dodge or parry, but not outrun. In addition, while Kirei/Bazzet can keep up with most servants in terms of agility they can still be threatened by area of effect attacks (eg. Kirei vs explosives from Rin and a hail of bullets from Kiritsugu [canonically stated to be predicting her aim and for kiritsugu he didn't just run between the gaps of the bullets like he would if he were MHS (0.067 seconds between bullets) forced to parry. Also FZ Lancer having slight difficult being in time to save his master from a Hypersonic-Hypersonic+ explosion - brushed by the explosion - actually could someone verify this I'm a little rusty on this part it could be a different servant but it is a lancer]).

Because both the canon value and rough calc are around Hypersonic+ plus the numerous other supporting evidence, I would like to re-add At Least Hypersonic+ to their profiles while maintaining their new MHS combat/reaction speed.

I suppose someone should have addressed this earlier.

To be blunt, we tend to disregard Nasu's statements about speed in favor of better feats.

For instance, Lancer and Saber's clash at Fuyuki Port was calced at Mach 15 when the highest speed mentioned in the narrative is Rider's Via Expugnatio (crossing 100 m in less than a second).

In addition, Saber was able to jump faster than Archer's Hrunting could hit Shirou in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia (albeit while being boosted by a Command Seal).

However, Enkidu isn't overwhelmingly faster than the other Servants of Fate/Strange Fake, such as True Archer, who easily shot down the projectiles of the Gate of Babylon, and True Rider, who sucker punched True Archer into a hill.

Neither is Gilgamesh, who was considered Enkidu's equal despite his lower stats.

Hence it makes sense to scale the Servants to varying levels of Massively Hypersonic based on Enkidu's feat.

@Reppuzan

Thanks for replying!

Yeah, I totally get that they easily have massively hypersonic combat/reaction speed (too many examples to list out - saber reacting to archer's projectiles, excalibur speed, enkidu). Not arguing with that just that they should be listed as around hypersonic+ travel.

I agree that Enkidu is not overwhelmingly faster, but that's only when he doesn't use his noble phantasm. Enkidu's calc is more of an attack+movement speed he can't normally go that fast but he converts himself into an energy attack to strike his enemy after diving down from space. The servants definitely have MHS combat/reactions as they can react to and dodge this and similar attacks but they probably shouldn't be that for travel as Enkidu's speed is similar to other attack speeds which they can't outright outrun but can dodge easily (plus we have a good calc for hypersonic+ with the saber/lancer movement).

Back