• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fantastic Frontier downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
So, looking back at this calculatio, there's one problem I noticed an error that pretty much hurls a knife into its hip:

The lightning is hitscan.

This means that it's instant, you can't scale speed to it, it outspeeds everything by being instant. This renders the calculation pretty much moot and means that - while other ends could work - it ultimately downgrades the verse, but to what extent?

There's this calculation I made that makes everyone and their mother's cat 9-A, but there's a way for me to make this even better - scaling to the speed of a normal electrical attack.

The Greater Storms Spellbook has an M1 attack where - unlike the special attack that was quote on quote "scale" to above - fires a barrage of electrical attacks that actually have travel time. But there's a bit of a problem - camera angles make it hard to find out how far the attack reaches.

Fear not, if Zany wants to scale speed to an already existing projectile, then papa Zany will find it out - we have to take this Manga-style and use angular sizing!

(Here's the blog version for convenience and evaluatio)

(I'll port this to a blog after I post this)

The attack has a range that - whenever an enemy enters it - will repeatedly damage them (Damage is shown by red particles coming out of them). We can use this to find out the attack's distance, angular sizing image is shown below:

Angscalingshockdistance
Red line (Height of Screen): 1017 pixels

Light blue line (Height of player): 432.1 pixels

Green line (Height of villager): 132 pixels.

Now, since camera angles don't allows us to go first person and find the distance with one step, we have to find the distance both are away from the camera and subtract the furthest distance by the shortest distance to find how far away both are from each other. Angular sizing calculator link here, I will also assume both are the average height of an American male (1.77 meters):

Player distance - 2atan(tan(70/2)*(432.1/1017)) = 0.397315518 rad, or 22.7645023 degrees. Plugging this into the calculator (with 1.77 meters for the player height) grants us a distance of 4.3961 meters.

Villager distance - 2atan(tan(70/2)*(132/1017)) = 0.122841445 rad, or 7.03829635 degrees. Plugging this into the angular size calculator grants us a distance of 14.391 meters.

14.391 - 4.3961 = 9.9949 meters apart

We have the attack range, but we need a timeframe. Since camera angles say 'lol frick you', it might be a bit difficult. Fortunately, the electrical projectile aren't exactly parallel and they increase in size after a certain distance. Given that they also cross each other and form a ball of particles, we can assume that the time they do this, they reach their maximum distance, I'm going to use the same video I posted above (FrameByFrame link):

Using 25 frames per second:

The player starts casting the spell at 40 (particles also come out of their hands) and both streams touch each other at frame 63

63 - 40 = 23 frames

23 / 25 = 0.92 seconds

With the distance calculated above, we can determine its velocity.

9.9949 / 0.92 = 10.8640217 M/S

We can compare ingame speeds for various objects to this. We will assume that this electrical attack flies at the same velocity as an electrical current in air - which was calculated by Lina Shields to be Mach 1.634 (560.46200 Meters per second). This isn't all that unwarranted, considering that this is supposed to be an attack that is inferior to the smite ability of the Greater Storms spellbook (Which is a lightning bolt, and likely cloud-to-ground one at that) and is slower (Which correlates with this well, as less voltage = less velocity).

Let's go back to [httpsvsbattles.wikia.comwikiUser_blogZanybrainy2000Fantastic_Frontier_Kinetic_Energy_of_the_Golden_Knight%27s_sword that one calculation where I calculate the velocity of the knight's sword].

The giant knight swings the sword at around 36.875 M/S ingame, we can compare this to the velocity of the electrical attack.

Speed of electricity = 560.46200 M/S

Ingame velocity of electricity = 10.8640217 M/S

Ingame velocity of knight swinging speed = 36.875 M/S

36.875 / 10.8640217 = 3.39423107 times faster

3.39423107 x 560.46200 = 1902.33753 M/S, or Mach 5.54617356

Hypersonic
, this should scale to the player's (and probably alot of other enemies') speeds due to being able to combat the player (Who can dodge attacks from the various giant knights). Anything that's slower than the player should most likely be around Supersonic+ or Supersonic via being comparable to the greater storms' normal attack velocity or greater (by a somewhat marginable amount).

So, speed out of the way, everyone is Hypersonic or lower now, let's do kinetic energy of the sword because it's being used for a physical attack that includes slamming into something. The mass of the sword was calculated to be 90,144.4274 kilograms. We can apply this alongside the previously calculated swinging velocity to a kinetic energy formula:

0.5 x 90,144.4274 x 1,902.33753^2 = 1.63111297e11 Joules, or 38.9845356 Tons of TNT

City Block level
, this affects the higher-tiers (Basically endgame key), scales to quite a bit of enemies due to being able to combat the player when they are comparable to the golden knight.

Fortunately for us, there are a two other knight enemies that are weaker than the golden knight and are made out of less denser materials - the iron and cobalt knights. The mass of their swords (36720.3231843 kilograms for iron knight, 41339.5252113 kilograms for cobalt knight) were already calculated.

Let's apply the same velocity we calculated above in a kinetic energy formula with these masses. They share identical attack animations and speeds (Primarily the one where the hold the sword in their right hand and slam it onto the ground, which was the one that was used to calculate the ingame velocity of the golden knight's sword swinging speed).

Iron knight - 0.5 * 36720.3231843 * 1902.33753^2 = 6.64433699e10 Joules, or 15.880346534417 Tons of TNT

City Block level

Cobalt knight -
0.5 * 41339.5252113 * 1902.33753^2 = 7.48015575e10 Joules, or 17.8780013 Tons of TNT

City Block level

Quite consistent. Ingame, the golden knight is superior to the cobalt knight, who is - in return - superior to the iron knight. The kinetic energy calculations basically correlate with this.

As to who this scales to, the Iron Knight scales to the earlygame player, and the cobalt knight scales to the midgame player. Speed also scales (but increases throughout the game via buffs and whatnot, but speed can probably start out at Supersonic due to the player in the video above having a few bit of equipment that boost their speed).

So, to simplify what happens:

• >Speed is downgraded from High Hypersonic to Hypersonic speed, with a few Supersonic-Supersonic+ entities if they're notably slower than the giant knight's attack speed. Any characters that are slower than this speed can have their attack speed and reactions scaled due to being able to combat the player and hit them with physical/ranged attacks.
  • >Attack potency/durability is downgraded from Multi-City Block level to City Block level, scales to literally everything in the verse due to being able to heavily harm (as well as tank attacks from) the player, who can fight against the mentioned knights.

Well, if two other calc group members think that this is fine, it probably is, but you need to place the updated calculations in a blog, so we have something to link to.

Oh, sorry. My mistake then.

I think that it should probably be fine to apply the changes, yes.

Understood, should I close the thread now?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm probably going to remove some of the versus threads I posted due to everyone being downgraded to 8-B from 8-A, as they are rendered stomps.

ALO vs GGO?

If you're talking about that one matchup you made between the adventurer and the PF player, then it technically is now, given that this makes their earlygame key 8-B for contending with this guy.

Thinking about it, it'd be best to close it, as I am linking this to the edit summaries for people to view should they be curious about the downgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back