• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fandom's Oasis skin will be retired next week

i gotta say the option to adjust the width of the page is useless, it was alrdy expanded in the old layout, now they just added a collapsed view and made that as the default (the expanded should be the default instead)

I don't mind the Fandom skin so much with the exception of the navigation bar to the left of the screen that messes up the standard page width, and as such the layout structures for lots of our pages.

Can you at least ask FANDOM to change the navigation bar to be at the top? It’s really wonky and not like how a majority of other websites have their navigation bars, which would most likely confuse the hell out of a lot of people getting through the wiki

I have said that multiple times over several months, but they think that making it more in-your-face for all the hundreds of millions of visitors to Fandom will make them more aware of the brand, and that any form of publicity is better than no publicity.

That’s… really stupid tbh, if you get a lot of negative publicity, that’s still publicity but it’s not the one you’d want to make yourself look good

Well, it seems like the vast majority of people who visit wiki pages to look for information are not aware of the larger website that they are visiting, so the Fandom staff wants to make sure that it turns impossible to miss.

I don't like it either obviously. I think that it messes up our page layouts, especially regarding the header images.

It feels just as hard to miss, if not easier to miss when its on the side.

i'm trying to get used to it.

it's not the same anymore.

i found it easier to get to my user page when oasis happened because it showed my avatar pic that i could just click on and I'd take me there.

now i sometimes just click on my username from an edit i made. (that's difficult a bit)

also i hate how they changed the recent changes.

I mean it's a bit easier with the line up and down thing.

but i was so used to going to community or whatever and then pressing recent changes.

Well, most of the layout changes will stay, but the Fandom staff might be willing to reconsider the navigation bar placement over time, if enough people complain about it in a polite manner.

Well, most of the layout changes will stay, but the Fandom staff might be willing to reconsider the navigation bar placement over time, if enough people complain about it in a polite manner.

maybe the oasis skin will return the same way (possibly) if they have enough polite complains.

No, it will not. That is extremely unlikely.

unknown.png

Well, there are some good parts of the new layout as well, such as the adjustable screen width and the dark mode. I have also sent in lots of bug reports to Fandom that they have worked or are working to fix. Except for the Fandom navigation bar to the left, and that the notifications for replies to blog post comments do not consistently work, the new format is mostly acceptable.

Back