• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fallout Equestria General Discussion Thread

JohnConquest1

Fallout Equestria Nerd
He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Seeing as the fic turns 10 today I figured there'd be no better time than to set up a general thread to talk about it. Figure I should also shotgun some questions about the "series" to start.
1. What is Fallout Equestria?
Fallout Equestria
by Kkat is a post apocalyptic fanfiction set in the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic universe, that uses elements from the Fallout series of video games. The original details the adventures of Littlepip, a lowly Stable Technician as she leaves her Fallout Shelter home in search of her runaway friend.
2. Do I need to know anything about Fallout/MLP before reading this?
Not really, cursor knowledge of both, particularly MLP is recommended but you can get away with knowing jack about either before diving into this.
3. Whats the appeal of the story, its main draw?
Not really a question I'm expecting to be asked but an important one. The characters and world building that the story works hard to build is something to behold. Each main character is fleshed out and developed in their decisions. The way they react to events in the story and act to further the story is understandable, and human, if not that than at least fitting to who they are supposed to be as characters. This is the stories strong suit as it gives life and thought to every aspect of it lore, while making it ripe for further expansion.
4. There's other stories I'm seeing like Project Horizons, Pink Eyes, and Murky Number 7, what's their relation to the original?
As I hinted at in my last answer the story of Fallout Equestria sets itself up for ripe expansion and these fan fanfictions or side stories fulfill that desire should one want to see more of the lore. It should be noted however that none of these are considered canon to the original.
5. Where is the best place to read the story?

The Fimfiction Version is the way to go about reading it. On top of minor story fixes over the original Google Docs chapters, the site actually has a extremely useful dark mode that makes reading this 750,000 word story a lot easier on the eyes at least. This goes for the side stories as well, if it has a Fimfiction version then thats the best version. There are also Hardcover Prints of the original story, so you can read it physically, however the scarcity and prices for these, at least that I've seen make me hard pressed to recommend to new comers, just know that physical editions do exist.
6. Okay so thats cool and all but its a 10 year old fanfiction now, there can't possible be any major Fallout Equestria projects going on right?
Of course there's still Fallout Equestria stuff still being worked on you nincompoop thats half the reason why I'm making this thread. Theres been several game ideas thrown around by various developers so I'll go over the most prominent:

Fallout Equestria: Remains
Released in 2019 as a non beta build by Empalu, Remains is the 1st actual fully complete video game based on the story/concept. It is a 2D Rogue-like dungeon crawler taking a lot of key elements from the Fallout Games like weapon crafting, degradation, VATS (called SATS), and several more to make a game that feels like a nice gameplay mix of Fallout and Metroidvania. Best of all the game is 100% free. You can see some Gameplay of it here if it if you're interested.

Balefire Blues
Pulling elements from 2 other mods, Balefire Blues is a extremely in depth Fallout Equestria mod for Hearts of Iron IV by the Balefire Blues team. HOI4 isn't exactly a well known game so to summarize it's essentially a leadership simulator predominantly set in the era of WWII. You can play as pretty much any country at the time and attempt to take over the world and rule it under whatever political ideology you choose (Democracy, Monarchy, Facism, Communisms, etc.) I really can't give a better explanation for it besides saying if you've every played Civ and wanted more out of it then HOI4 is your game. I would highly recommend watching videos on the base game itself so you can get a better understanding.

Now. as I was saying earlier, Balefire Blues is pretty much HOI4 in the world of Fallout Equestria, take control of a country and try to take over the world, through whatever means you so choose. Managing your country military, and political power as the events of Fallout Equestria play out through out the game.

Ashes of Equestria/Overmare Studios
Ashes of Equestria is a 3D open world RPG and is essentially the closest to being an actual Fallout Equestria Fallout Game. The game itself has been in development for almost as 8 years I believe. While it has been slow to progress it's something that I believe is entirely understandable given the nature and vast scope of the project. Of particular note is the sub group The Wasteland Wailers, who've released a hand full of songs to be featured in the game on the developers youtube page.

Well I think thats everything, hoping to wrap new fans here into the series. Of course getting more people to contribute to the FC/OC verse page would be nice. Have fun talking about FoE then everyone.

Last edited:
Bumping again.
About to make whats probably the most controversial tier jump for this verse happen....Possibly 3-A Blackjack/Cognitum with equipment..because killing things that make universes.

Rise from your grave!

Mainly posting this because I changed the title to something search engines will have an easier time picking up.

And also because Project Horizons top tiers will likely get a Tier 1 rating.

Back